Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do to enhance your grip?

Jay6

I tried to search this but did not find anything.

I sweat a lot while shooting and I am looking to find something that will increase my grip on the gun. I would prefer something not as messy as talc, possibly something a little tacky. What are others using?

Pro-grip, www.shootersconnection.com It works as well as anything you can get.

I run stippled grips too, that alone helps a TON. When the sweat is running hard a little pro-grip takes care of it.

I run stippled grips too, that alone helps a TON. When the sweat is running hard a little pro-grip takes care of it.

What is that like a sticky substance? Does it get everywhere?

What is that like a sticky substance? Does it get everywhere?

It is like rosen powder but is a liquid form does tend to get on the grip but works really well to help control the sweating hands. Might try adding a grip from getngrip.com. I got one for my STI Edge and it holds like super glue.

I'm in the same boat with you. My hands sweat a LOT, especially in St. Louis humidity. First off, my gun has very aggressive serrations so I can get any sort of grab. I stopped using checkering on my front/backstrap because after a lot of long training sessions, my hands get all chewed up. Since then, I've gone to industrial grip tape. That has helped a lot. Most of my guns look like hell, but at least I know that I'll be able to rack a a round fast know matter if I'm sweaty or bleeding all over the gun (which has happened). Aside from the equipment side, there's some golf grip goo stuff like Pro-grip that I much prefer over pro-grip because it doesn't leave a white residue all over. I think it's called Dry Hands, but I'm sure a quick internet search will find it.

Progrip and my stippled STI grip is unreal. I have stippled several different grips in various size craters, but NONE beat the tiny craters I did with the small tip initially. Progrip takes my sweat hands and makes em like glue. No complaints in 90+ degrees and 80% humidity.

Pro Grip is good stuff and not messy. I also stipple and contour my grips. The following thread has descriptions and pictures of how to do it...not hard at all. And to piggyback on Seth's comments, I've gone to a smaller dimple size. More dimples equals more raised ridges and better traction without being overly rough on your hands.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=784502

Edited by G-ManBart

I have tried progrip and it works ok. Eric sell something like progrip but it is slightly different and he sells it as fast grip. I think they both work equally well. Once I had the Roupe treatment on my grip I felt that I didnt need it anymore. I have since change to a new grip treatment like the Scott grip from SV but much better and I dont use propgrip or anything else as the grip will grab your hand aggressively regardless of what you do. You can start the stage with your hands in water and when you grab the gun it is locked in.

I use the liquid stuff (can't remember name but golf shop stuff) on clean hands before starting to shoot. Then use cheap rosin bag (brunswick from bowling shop) as day progresses. Least messy and best I have found so far for me. Oh yea, skate board tape grip.

• 1 month later...

I use Skateboard Tape and ProGrip on my XDm. It gives me an iron solid grip on the pistol. I can see how the skateboard tape would hurt some peoples hands, but it has never phased mine even after some 500 round practice sessions. But I do admit that my hands are more callus and tuff than most peoples. The way I see it, if the pistol is shifting around enough to rub you raw, you are not holding it tight enough anyway.