Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Brand Bullets Do You Use?

PistolPete

Just curious as to which brand of bullet everyone is using. Also provide the bullet weight and style and if lead or jacketed.

I'm currently working with Carrol bullets. So far no problems. Quality seems to be very consistant. Price is right on these also. I'm using a lead semiwadcutter bullet in weights 185 grain and 255 grain.

Guest Larry Cazes

My wife and I have shot over 20K rounds of westcoast plated without any problems. A mix of .45 200 and 230 gr. roundnose and .40 155 gr. roundnose flatpoint. How much are you paying through Caroll?

Guest bulm5
Armscor 40 cal 180 gr. FMJ RNFP sitting over 4.6 grains of tightgroup. Cost for the Armscor is between $42 to $50 per 1000 depending who I get them from.

hey Jim, Can yuo give me any info on your source of Armscor bullets. Price is pretty attractive. Are they pretty consistent?

Currently Montana Gold 180gr CMJ over TG. Was shooting LaserCast 180 LTC over TG but got sick of all the smoke. Have also shot Zero 180 FMJ over TG but Montana Gold had better pricing than Zero. Have also tried Berry's but wasn't thrilled with their performance accuracy wise.

A year ago I was shooting LaserCast 170 LSWC over W231. Talk about smoke...and very dirty to boot.

I really like the Remington "Golden Saber" JHP (124gr .355")

Use em' in .38 Super, 9x21, and 9x19. Minor & Major.

I buy 5-10 K whenever I see them at, or under $50/thousand.

I like that I am shooting a JHP in all of my competition pistols.

Regards,

Montana Gold here,,,.40 Cal 180 grain Jacketed over about 5.2 grains of N320 loaded at right around 1.20.

Montana Gold .45 Cal 230 grain Jacketed loaded a little long (need to check data), running around 4.0 to 4.1` grains of Clays.

H4444

bulm5 & texasag93, I may be able to help you out if you live close to southern California. I go over to a friend who buys bulk about every 4 months. I don't think he ships, he just supplies the locals but I don't think he minds a little more business. Send me an email if you are interested. B)

As far as accuracy goes I am still trying to dial that in. I have just changed from shooting a Kimber 45 to shooting a Glock 40. I am finding they shoot a little different. :D

Just found out today that the VP of my range buys bulk from West Coast Bullets so we can get things at about 1/2 price. Looks like I'm gonna be trying these out. I'll prob. order about 4K of them and load the crap out of them.

Pete :ph34r:

Jim Eyerman- Why would you go from a Kimber .45 to a Glock .40? You went from a Cadillac to a Chevy... (just kidding)

Standard:

Practice: 166 grs copper plated from MPF (french manufacturer)

Match: 170 grs Fiocchi FMJ

Modified:

Practice: 166 grs Copper plated MPF

Match: 180grs FMJ Armscor

Open and Production:

124 grs copper plated MPF

I've shot Precision Bullets in .45 (200 gr. SWC) and .40 almost exlusively. In .40 I usually shoot 185's but the last few months I've been trying out the 220's, which I liked but they're very hard to get.

I believe I'll be switching to Montana Gold 180's (.40) because the Precision Bullets are always back ordered.

I like the bullet, just can't plan and order far enough ahead to insure I've always got them on hand.

I cast my own for the 45acp 200gr. swc, 230 gr. round nose for blasting or 230 gr. fp for pins.

Precision 185 gr. fp 40s for limited match and D&J 180 fp for practice (too much smoke for match use)

124 gr Montana Gold hp for my new race gun.

Anyone use precision bullets for the 38 super?