Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GA 2008 State Match website and general information

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is that if we end up with 150 shooters, and we will, about one in nine shooters are going to walk away with a gun, many of the rest with a really nice prize, and all will be shooting for money which everyone can use. If that is not good enough, there is a solid chance that you are going to get to shoot on the prettiest range in the area at the absolute most beautiful time of year with the guarantee of no bugs and a strong chance of NO SWEAT!

Ah, a gambler at heart, figuring odds and counting cards. :D While the match is formally cash payback to winners, right now we have 13 guns with an additional $7000 worth of accessory products available as drawing prizes. Not sure how the match director is allocating everything, but there will be some split between competitor and RO drawing pools. There were about a dozen of us at the range setting up yesterday, and if we can order up the same weather for next weekend, it can't be any better.

The bottom line is that if we end up with 150 shooters, and we will, about one in nine shooters are going to walk away with a gun, many of the rest with a really nice prize, and all will be shooting for money which everyone can use. If that is not good enough, there is a solid chance that you are going to get to shoot on the prettiest range in the area at the absolute most beautiful time of year with the guarantee of no bugs and a strong chance of NO SWEAT!

Ah, a gambler at heart, figuring odds and counting cards. :D While the match is formally cash payback to winners, right now we have 13 guns with an additional $7000 worth of accessory products available as drawing prizes. Not sure how the match director is allocating everything, but there will be some split between competitor and RO drawing pools. There were about a dozen of us at the range setting up yesterday, and if we can order up the same weather for next weekend, it can't be any better.

Since WORK is requiring me to be in NC for a meeting all I have to say bout this is..............

post-6763-1224414537_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrawandDuck

So now ask yourself if you are not yet entered, don't you deserve to be here?

Edited by Charles Bond

I know forsure there are 5 of us from SC really excited about this match. Can't wait to see everyone!

I know forsure that there is one person from GA that is excited to see you at this match. :D

WOOHOO.

And the others from SC as well.

Those SC folks are pretty good people. :cheers:

Just spent yesterday and today from dawn til dusk with some great friends setting up the stages. What a great crew giving their weekend to this sport!!! This is going to be an awesome match! We still have some tweaking to do but things are coming along nicely. All entries received thru Friday have been entered and squadded so if you sent an app you should have seen your name on the squadding matrix. I hope to get an update tomorrow evening and will get any entrants received since Friday entered an listed on the matrix.

Looking forward to a great weekend of shooting, fun, and fellowship!!! And let's not forget the moonshine!!!!

Mark

Mark,

My thanks in advance to you and your entire match team for all your hard work. I'm really looking forward to a great match and meeting old and new friends. The stages look like they'll be a hoot. I'll see you bright and early at 7:00 Friday morning. :rolleyes:

Mark,

My thanks in advance to you and your entire match team for all your hard work. I'm really looking forward to a great match and meeting old and new friends. The stages look like they'll be a hoot. I'll see you bright and early at 7:00 Friday morning. :rolleyes:

Any idea of the weather this coming weekend? Inquiring minds want to know....

Mark,

Any idea of the weather this coming weekend? Inquiring minds want to know....

Low 60's for highs, low 40's for lows. 30% chance of rain for Saturday. Less for Sunday.

Just spent yesterday and today from dawn til dusk with some great friends setting up the stages. What a great crew giving their weekend to this sport!!! This is going to be an awesome match! We still have some tweaking to do but things are coming along nicely. All entries received thru Friday have been entered and squadded so if you sent an app you should have seen your name on the squadding matrix. I hope to get an update tomorrow evening and will get any entrants received since Friday entered an listed on the matrix.

Looking forward to a great weekend of shooting, fun, and fellowship!!! And let's not forget the moonshine!!!!

Mark

Thanks for all your and the crew's work on this match. I hear everything'd coming along well!

If you can believe weather foercasters (and I maintain it's the only job I ever heard of where you can be wrong 40% of the time and still draw a paycheck) the rain might be coming in early and could possibly visit you Friday shooters. Saturday is currently calling for a nice 52 in the morning with a mostly cloudy high of 63. Pretty much the same on Sunday except we'll start off around 42 degrees.

After a hot summer I love Autumn in Georgia!

I am just wondering where the booze will be? :cheers:

OK that may not be totally true.

The booze will be where ever Ms Kitty & I decide to set up an impromptu party :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Sorry Sandra. I couldn't resist.

The booze will be where ever Ms Kitty & I decide to set up an impromptu party :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Well JUST INVITE ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have some to throw into the mix. :cheers::roflol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

I couldn't cancel my trip for he match BUT this may warrant an unexpected illness which requires a cancellation....not interested in the match just the after party!!

Jeff, stop buy and pick me up since it is on your way, we can discuss prize distribution on the drive over!!

I am so excited about this match!

Bullets-CHECK

Bulltes Case Gaged-CHECK

Gun Bag-CHECK

Luggage (including but not limited to, clothes, personal items, pillow, hair dryer, curling iron-YES, I AM A GIRL!-CHECK

Driving Arrangements-CHECK

Rice Krispie Treats for the drive over-CHECK

Hotel Confirmation-CHECK

Good Vodka-CHECK

Diet Tonic-CHECK

Thumping finger ready to smack Lee King on head prior to his first shot-CHECK :surprise:

Ready to shoot and have fun-CHECK, CHECK

Linda: Do you need me to bring you some Tia Maria?! Name the time and let the after party begin!

Randal-Are you bringing Te'um?! :roflol:

WOOOHOOO :cheers: