Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just wondering what division everyone is currently shooting.

f250sd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Limited shooter because that's where the competition is.

I've shot Production because that was the gun I started with.

I'm dabbling in L-10 since I'm going to the 2nd half of Nats and don't own an open gun.

I figure I'll buy one when I'm old and can't see sights any more.

No antique divisions for me.

:popcorn:

Edited by Hoofy

• 2 weeks later...

Been shooting production from the very beginning. Although I have seriously considered Limited or Open, the Blue Glock always calls me back.

Shooting Prod with a Glock is nice in that if I'm feeling "frisky" I can go L10, Lim, or Open without changing guns. It's not competitive shooting minor (or without a dot) in major matches, but it is alot of fun at the clubs. If I get a chance to reshoot a local match, I usually use my +10 mags and shoot each stage a different way to see what else there is to see.

I've played in open, limited and production.

production has been great mainly because its affordable for me. The challenge has been fun.

over the winter..I will probably play a little in L10 and Limited again shooting minor. Have had a lot of friends want me to shoot open again..but as things are..just don't see how I can make that happen..would be fun though.

mostly production with my tanfoglio Stock2, and possibly the new HK P30-L. In standard /L10,..I use my tanfoglio LC .40. I'll shoot that over the winter months indoors; then back to Production by early spring. I buy all my ammo in bulk,..so I don't reload,..hence not trying Open.

• 1 month later...

I liked it better when there was one division and multiple classes. Now, with so many divisions, it is hard to complete locally and have anyone to compete with. The shooters are split so evenly between divisions, that there are few per division/class.

I shoot limited because that is what we have the most shooters shooting, but I would like to go back to open...except we only have two shooters typically registered.

I started in production and that is what I am mostly sticking with. Around here there is plenty of competition in Production, Limited and Open so lack of competition is not a reason to switch to a division. For a while I shot Limited minor with my production gear/loads long enough to get classified. I am thinking of branching out into either Limited 10 or SS next year just to get some sunlight on my 1911. But production is going to continue to be the division I shoot the most.