Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dilemma?

Jay6

Well here is the dilemma. This being my first year shooting I have pretty much lost all interest in anything non shooting which is not a bad thing at all. Currently shooting my G21 in Limited 10 and enjoying it very much while also using a Beretta 92f in Production here and there. I am currently thinking about selling my motorcycle which I have ridden three times so far this summer and financing the purchase of a new Glock open gun including all the gear needed to compete including belt rig, press and reloading stuff plus some money left over. Am I insane? I figure since this has taken over my life it would be better to invest the money into something I would use a lot.

You're not insane. I would love a new flat screen TV, which is something I would use everyday but I don't want to spend the $ on it. I got a call about some new limited mags and didn't hesitate for a split second even though I'm not shooting limited at the moment.

You're not insane, but you might want to consider directing your money toward training rather than another gun. Dropping a grand on training will do much more for your shooting than spending the same amount on another gun.

You're not insane, but you might want to consider directing your money toward training rather than another gun. Dropping a grand on training will do much more for your shooting than spending the same amount on another gun.

I did think about that, but think I have done fairly well with the books and videos that I currently study on a regular basis. Currently a C class but should be a high B at the next calculation date. I just feel bad every time I walk into the garage and see the bike I never use when I could be doing much more with the funds.

As we say, welcome to the Addiction !!! :roflol:

Everytime I spend money on anything non shooting, I compare it to

how many bullets or primers I could get or how many of these sums make up

the price of my next gun.

I know my habit is getting out of hand but I dont care !! :P

I've sold off all the RC stuff and the Guitar equiptment...

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Well if you're insane then this whole board of people is nuttier than squirrel sh!t.

If you've got your heart set on Open then go for it. I am not against the Glock for Open but before you drop the money shoot an SJC Glock, shoot a stock Trubor, and then try a semi-custom or custom Open build such as a Bedell, Cameron, McClearn, etc.. I am positive that most people will let you at least run a few rounds through their gun. This way you get a feel for what works well for you.

I also agree that ammo and training are more important than a cool gun but go for what makes you happy.

Plus I shoot 3-gun so that makes it so much worse :ph34r:

Plus I shoot 3-gun so that makes it so much worse :ph34r:

Oh me too !! Thats pretty much my focus ....

Are you nuts? Not in my book!

I have been tossing around the idea of selling my 1992 Custom Fatboy...so I can buy a Brazo's Open gun! My family is in shock as this bike has been my baby.

I also have a 07 600RR and I am keeping that machine!

It really depends.....what kind of bike is it?!?

03 CBR600rr

So put a tank bag on it, put your gear into that, and ride it to the matches? Or you get a CED Backpack range bag, along with the tank bag and ride to the range. :cheers:

Although you won't be able to do the 3-gun stuff. But then Mad-Max the bike with a couple of side scabbards and you are set! :ph34r:

Well it is official, the bike is gone and I will soon be an open shooter :cheers:

Maineshootah let me rock his glock open gun this weekend at a special classifier match and I fell in love. Even made B with his rig the first time out. Now there is no turning back! Thanks again Jay :bow:

Well it is official, the bike is gone and I will soon be an open shooter :cheers:

Maineshootah let me rock his glock open gun this weekend at a special classifier match and I fell in love. Even made B with his rig the first time out. Now there is no turning back! Thanks again Jay :bow:

Sweet... more open shooters in Maine..

LOVE it!

(why am I reading this.. I need to practice! :roflol: )

Sweet... more open shooters in Maine..

LOVE it!

(why am I reading this.. I need to practice! :roflol: )

Well not even close to the caliber of you guys but man it is fun! As long as I can keep the mags in the gun I will be good to go :roflol:

I'm too late, but my take is... you can sell *a* bike to get a gun, just don't sell your *last* bike to get a gun.

Sorry but it has been a long time since I had a partial erection while riding the bike. I can not say the same about the gun :ph34r:

I would not call it crazy, I prefer the term "hardcore". I have actually donated plasma in order to have more money for shooting. Yeah, this can be addicting. Welcome to the addiction :cheers:

Hummmmm..... plasma donation to buy more tuned magazines?????

JS

I would not call it crazy, I prefer the term "hardcore". I have actually donated plasma in order to have more money for shooting. Yeah, this can be addicting. Welcome to the addiction :cheers:

Hummmmm..... plasma donation to buy more tuned magazines?????

JS

Yep. About $250 per month possbile.

Sorry but it has been a long time since I had a partial erection while riding the bike. I can not say the same about the gun :ph34r:
Jay6 be sure to post pictures when you get your new blaster.

Richard

Pictures of the blaster...not the partial erection... :wacko: