Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flipping a Handgun

BDH

I saw a Moron twirl a loaded glock on his finger one time at a public range

what kind of gun was it, something like a glock or a nice open gun with a pinned grip safety and 20 oz trigger?!?!?!?!

Just a plain old garden variety Glock.

And I seriously doubt our old time gunslingers had such a bad habit...TOO much TV <_<

Jim

Edited by GentlemanJim

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the most USPSA can do is strip him of his membership and ban him for whatever term and conditions are felt appropriate. That would mean he could no longer participate in anything above a club match. I don't know that there is anyway for USPSA to restrict him at the club level since membership is not required to participate there, other than informing the AD and local clubs.

But the important question is ... Is he beyond recovery? With the appropriate punishment and remediation can this shooter be salvaged and become a safe and happy member of the shooting sports family once again? That I think is something that USPSA has also got to take into consideration when they review this.

SASS had a problem with this type of behavior at one time. What was discovered was many SASS shooters would dryfire while watching old westerns and sooner or later would spin the gun into the holster. And as the saying goes "You compete like you practice"!

I was looking at this gentleman's classifiers on USPSA.org.

One of them lists the club as "USPSA President". Click on it, and you M.Voigt's contact info.

I've never seen it before? What does it mean?

Generally, that refers to participation in a national match.

One of them lists the club as "USPSA President". Click on it, and you M.Voigt's contact info.

I think we should make sure that we know who that person is before we troll the classifier DB for every one who DQ'ed. I don't know for a fact who the person is and I wouldn't want to point finger at the wrong person. If the name that was given to me is correct, then their classification doesn't exhibit an entry like the one you mention, so one us must be wrong :)

I think we should make sure that we know who that person is before we troll the classifier DB for every one who DQ'ed. I don't know for a fact who the person is and I wouldn't want to point finger at the wrong person. If the name that was given to me is correct, then their classification doesn't exhibit an entry like the one you mention, so one us must be wrong :)

True. The guy I was looking at wasn't shooting Production.

As soon as I saw that post, I knew it wasn't the same guy.

I'd like to request that this thread be closed, and removed, or heavily edited.

There is very little constructive discussion.

Most replys are just bashing, and are beneath the standards of this forum.

:(

+1.....This is to serious to get wrong. Be careful when pointing figures.

what kind of gun was it, something like a glock or a nice open gun with a pinned grip safety and 20 oz trigger?!?!?!?!

It was an M&P (which further narrows down the division & possibly the shooter)

Since when is a Glock an M&P? :roflol:

I would think as a MINIMUM punishment:

2. Mandantory attendance of a safety class/beginner firearms handling class attended AFTER his suspension begins .

I suspect the shooter has emotional/psychological problems. Attending a safety class wouldn't hurt, but if he's got a screw loose upstairs...........

I am sure the MD and others from this match will see that this information is documented and fowarded to the USPSA BOD. If you want to know who the shooter is it will be in the BOD Minutes when it is brought before he board. Then there will be no mistake about who it is.

We has an odd DQ in bay three you can add to the list of DQ's. We had an individual have a snap cap come out of his chamber at 'make ready'. He never fired a shot in the match. I think he was a fairly new shooter, but I've never seen that one before either.

We had this happen at Area 3 a few years back. Before this match the rules were not clearly defined as to what should happen at this point. Since then there are very clear rules including snapcaps.

Joe W.

I agree that it is probably time to shut this down, let the powers that be do what needs to be done and be darn glad you weren't the RO, a spectator or on the squad when this happened.

Hammer

It was an M&P (which further narrows down the division & possibly the shooter)

Since when is a Glock an M&P? :roflol:

Same thing :roflol::roflol::roflol:

I don't see why the ban should be kept confidential. The toughest crowd he will ever face are his peers. In another sport, if a person is banned/suspended, the results of the investigation, appeal and final decision are published in their official publication.

The Range Master has informed me that:

"You can post that I have this situation under control and have already started the ball rolling with an appropriate e-mail.'

I also understand that the shooter's local Section Coordinator is aware of the situation and the he is/will be in contact with his Match Directors.