Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone ever put 2 Texas stars in line ?

Anyone ever put 2 Texas stars in line . I was think of trying this and painting a couple plates as no shoots on the front and maybe one on the back star. Would this cause too many reshoots ? or is it legal ?

Thanks

2 years ago the Double Tap had 2 stars in line that were put into counter rotation upon opening of the door. There were some hard cover fixed plates on the first star......quite fun finished 7th with 3rd fastest time but when I did not open the door enough I had to shoot the last target in the right array strong hand and dropped a couple deltas......

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/for...112007_0002.flv

Randal

I just did one last month at my match. You open the door and the stars started to spin. 4 shoots and one noshoot on each star. I also used red on one star and green on the other. Turned out to be a great stage.

The criteria for steel in a legal IDPA match is no more than 25% of the required hits in any one stage on steel and no more than 10% in the overall match.

CoF 18. No more than 25% of the shots required on any string

of fire may be on steel targets and no more than 10% of the

total shots required in the match may be on steel.

So, if you use the Star with 5 plates, you would have to have a minimum of 15 required hits on paper. Maximum legal stage is 18 rounds, so it can't be done. That said, an IDPA club only has to have 6 IDPA matches per year.

5. Clubs must agree to hold a minimum of six (6) IDPA

matches per year.

So, after you've had six, throw in a "non-legal" match with a fun stage with the Texas Star. I've done it, so have other "big name" clubs. The Texas Star makes people better shooters.

For an IDPA legal stage try something like this. It's completely legal and will really separate the men from the boys. ;)

Presentation1-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We had a local match with 2 stars in-line. You just have to make sure there is enough distance between the 1st and 2nd that any hot loads won't knock the steel from the first into the 2nd. But not too far that the arms obscure the steel on the 2nd. Paint them all white and once they get going it looks like a couple of propellers going! Of course, if the top plate off of the 1st does it the 2nd, it's going to be on the bottom and the 2nd will REALLY spin then. I'd almost go ahead and give them the plate if that happens.

At the DTC '07, there was a "hardcover" plate on each star, not both on the front ;) You can't do two full, 5 plate stars in a row, as it exceeds the number of shots that can be required from one position (unless you can engage the thing from multiple spots, of course).

It was intense, trying to track both stars quickly ;) No shoot plates would be a little... overly evil... <_<

I tried it and it worked fine. We were ask if we would like to set a stage up at a match they call the "21st Territorial Match'' at Bend or the River club. It is not a USPSA match but its ran safety Wise like one . Are stage is 38 rds. with the 2 stars and they will be spinning opposite directions when you get to them.

It a fun match were clubs bring a stage to that club and set it up. This was are first year as a USPSA club and got ask if we would like to set a stage up. It took about 3 seconds of thinking and said "YES".

Come out and try it this Sunday at Bend of the River club in MI.

At the DTC '07, there was a "hardcover" plate on each star, not both on the front ;) You can't do two full, 5 plate stars in a row, as it exceeds the number of shots that can be required from one position (unless you can engage the thing from multiple spots, of course).

It was intense, trying to track both stars quickly ;) No shoot plates would be a little... overly evil... <_<

Yeah, I got called all kinds of nasty names. Hell, they even said they were going to make me pee in a cup before I designed any more stages :angry2: But in the end it was everyones favorite stage of the day.