Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2002 Race Gun Nationals results?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best way is to pull up the individual scores for the top names, and see how they are doing on the stages that they DID actually shoot.  Seems that after day 1 you have Barnhart leading in Open, and either Leatham or Voigt maybe leading in Limited.  But the big question is .... Where is Jarrett?  Need someone on Team BE.com to give us a more accurate reporting on scores since the USPSA Internet postings are time delayed.

Well, the BE squad is getting a reputation at the match... and it's not a very good one (though not really any fault of our own )

As far as the super-squad goes, they were a primary cause of our waiting today, which furthered our less-than-stellar mood. Anyway, early word is JJ is tearing it up in Open, though he shot a bunch of makeups on the Standards (another sore point with the BE-squad). I know less about Limited, but I think Rob hasn't crashed yet, and most of the others have.

($900 for the whole squad to arbitrate? What a deal!)

(Edited by shred at 11:17 pm on Aug. 26, 2002)

OK - Todd slipped by me with that "Linwood" alias.  HA! And it seems that after Day #2 postings he is in the lead, with Leatham still leading in Limited.  So when does this thing end in real time, and can we get early winners announced via the BE.com squad?

I made up a haiku to commemorate Sunday (no 5-7-5 complaints, please):

Rain and Cold

Fifty Yard Standards

Baggies Suck

---

We got hosed because we had to shoot the standards at the end of the day, in the lightning and rain, with baggies on the targets, and thus couldn't eyeball our hits off the clock (and then make up misses as needed) at the 5-yard line like every other squad. We complained and darn near arbitrated but Voigt said it was a 50-50 shot at best. The officials said "We shoot no matter what the conditions, now quit whining". So then we come in Saturday morning and there's fog on the range. Guess what? The squad on the standards got to wait 45 minutes for the fog to clear.. even though the targets were plenty visible. The officials claimed it was a "safety issue" since they couldn't clearly see the back berm-- somehow that didn't stop the 17 other bays from shooting on time.

Monday the word of the day for the squad was "No". As in: "No, that doesn't touch the A-zone", "No, even though the grease mark doesn't touch the perf, that's still a No-shoot". "No, you have to wait for the super squad.. they were playing for an hour and are now reshooting". "No, you can't play with the door (even though the SS did)". "No, that we didn't DQ Barnhart for his AD on stage 5" (despite plenty of other witnesses, the RO's didn't see it)

Pretty soon we'll all be on a first-name basis with the entire match staff.

I'm annoyed because the stages are good and the range isn't bad (when it's not raining on, freezing or sandblasting you), but the squadding schedule and bad breaks we've been getting are combining to make this a lot less fun than it could have been..

A few benefits of the doubt to the shooter and a decent schedule and this would be a great match.

Hi y'all...  Central Oregon is AWESOME - ya gotta come here sometime - but don't shoot the nationals here :(

BE - ya gotta tell us how to get what we want - i think this point is missing in our training!!!!!!

I ditto everything Shred said - pretty much sums it all up.  I only want to add that as of Stage 12 today - JJ Racaza was 25 points in the lead and DQ'ed outta the match - guess my Team LimCat winners aren't gonna come through for me after all!

How are they working those "extra shots" for makeups on the standards at 5 yards?  I see a lot of scores for that stage with no penalties, so are those guys the lucky few with no misses AND no extra shot penalties?  If people are makingup shots at 5 yards wouldn't there be a whole lot more penalties than what shows on the score page?

The results should be up soon- the whole damn day has been over long today!  The awards ended at 11:30!!!

Todd J won Open

Robbie won Limited

Athena was high lady open

Renee Tyson was high lady limited (I think!)

I have TONS of things to tell y'all about - but it's 12:45 am and I'm sleepy.