Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 reloads

Can anyone give me some advice on Titegroup and VV 310, I am currently loading 230gr. Montana gold with 4.5 gr. of titegroup. I am also loading 4.5 of vv310 with a 200 gr. lead swc. Thanks

Not sure what your asking for?

BK

I've not used VV N310, but I've had great results with 5.0grs of N320 with a 200gr. LSWC. For a 230gr. bullet, you just can't beat 4.0grs of Clays. Cleans up nice, shoots great.

Can anyone give me some advice on Titegroup and VV 310, I am currently loading 230gr. Montana gold with 4.5 gr. of titegroup. I am also loading 4.5 of vv310 with a 200 gr. lead swc. Thanks

VV N320 is the way to go- 4.5gr MG 180grfmj

Edited by Rolex

with todays tight money I want to shoot ac cheappp as I can if you load 8 bullets at 4.5 I get one free at 4.0 just different powder and CLAYS cost less ,but then every one does it different,thats what makes it fun. :cheers:

Who makes Solo 1000? It seems to be very popular on the forum, but I've not seen it locally.

Accurate markets it, as well as Solo 1250, which is about the same burn rate as Unique. It's a bulky flake powder and meters fine through my Dillon 550's measure.

For context, 3.9 grains of Clays and 4.7 grains of S1000 chronoed within 1 fps of each other under 230 grain RNLs from my M&P .45 - one was 747 fps, the other 748 fps.

Who makes Solo 1000? It seems to be very popular on the forum, but I've not seen it locally.

Accurate markets it, as well as Solo 1250, which is about the same burn rate as Unique. It's a bulky flake powder and meters fine through my Dillon 550's measure.

For context, 3.9 grains of Clays and 4.7 grains of S1000 chronoed within 1 fps of each other under 230 grain RNLs from my M&P .45 - one was 747 fps, the other 748 fps.

Thanks for the info, Chuck. I'll have to see if I can find some to try out, I'm probably going to start working up a load for 9mm soon.

if you want to go cheap Bullseye uses the least powder of them all I think. such small grains and fast makes you use less doesn't it.

However the downside is after 1/2 a match you have to stop and clean your gun to finish. :surprise:

I used 3.6 gr. Clays behind the 200 gr. Speer LCWC or 3.8 gr. of VV N-310 with the 185 gr. Star LSWCHP. Both gace bullseye level accuracy.

i shoot 4.8 titegrp 230 mt gold pf 170.

" "230 rn rainiers pf 170

" " 230 rnl lazer cast pf 170

i have had good luck using 4.8 titegrp

with most any of the 200 gr bullest also

speer 200rnfp,sierra 200 sp.extrreme 200/230 rn.