Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R&R Racings NEW target design!

This last weekend I got to see and shoot the new R&R rifle targets at the CMMG 3-gun Match. These things are great!! It is like a plate rack with a big white backer and can be reset with a long piece of para cord out to 400 yards or so! They are a falling plate, so no longer will there be the interface between an R.O. and a shooter calling hits!! It is either down or it is not!! The big white backer makes Iron Sight shooting a dream and the falling plates make it very apperent if it was hit or not. I feel that these things are the wave of the future for 3-gun. Kurt Miller

I agree, I mentioned them in the post about the FN match. and would really like to see these targets or something similar used for LR rifle.

It definetly eliminates problems between RO's and shooters with regard to calling hits and knowing the shooters order of target engagment, if the shooter hit the target and it didn't go down, then its not a hit, just like LaRue targets only these come with a contrasting background.

trapr

the backer doesn't get chewed up because we all make our hits. :roflol:

it looked to be in pretty good shape on the last stage I shot, and we were the last group to use it on that particular stage. Even if it needs to be replaced at the end of the day, so what!!!

it is not big enough to cause the missers that are concerned with where their bullets are going, any grief. I did not hear any complaints from people missing, that they wished they could see the misses, but then a particular BE'r didn't make the match.

Trapr

the backer doesn't get chewed up because we all make our hits. :roflol:

it looked to be in pretty good shape on the last stage I shot, and we were the last group to use it on that particular stage. Even if it needs to be replaced at the end of the day, so what!!!

it is not big enough to cause the missers that are concerned with where their bullets are going, any grief. I did not hear any complaints from people missing, that they wished they could see the misses, but then a particular BE'r didn't make the match.

Trapr

Those look fun to shoot!!! I guess I'll see them in about a month or so.

I shot those at the X3 3Gun in Piru a while ago. They were cool, but they gave us problems when trying to reset them. The big plastic baking acted like a sail in the 10MPH winds and make it very difficult to reset. We broke the cords a few times just on our squad.

There were some complaints at the X3 match in them not going down with 55's unless hit just right (i.e. the top).

I guess this wasn't happening at CMMG?

I shot them with 68s at the X3 and they fell, no problem.

Doug

So you quit griping after a few hours??????????????? :roflol:

Is that the targets fault or the shooter? seems to me that if 55gr bullets will reliably take down LaRue's at 400yds, then there should be no problem with these plates. They weigh less!!!!!

trapr

The only complaint I could see on these targets is that if you have a CHEATER WHO SHOOTS THE FRAME WITH HIS .308 AND KNOCKS DOWN ALL THREE PLATES WITH ONE SHOT!. (the last part in all caps to give kudos to the squad mate who did this. Next one :cheers: is on me Merlin).

The only complaint I could see on these targets is that if you have a CHEATER WHO SHOOTS THE FRAME WITH HIS .308 AND KNOCKS DOWN ALL THREE PLATES WITH ONE SHOT!. (the last part in all caps to give kudos to the squad mate who did this. Next one :cheers: is on me Merlin).

There are times when major PF in a rifle does pay dividends.... :closedeyes:

It's funny how some guys can knock down all the plates with one big bullet and other guys can't knock down one plate with many little bullets. Looks like someone needs to get bigger bullets. :roflol:

I also shot these at the X3 match. I had no problem when I shot my 55 grains. As noted there were some issues with reset. The backing was kinda flexible which sometimes got caught in the frame which made it fold over. If it was stiffer it may be better. I would use something stronger than para-cord. Good targets.

Another target that R&R came up with is a .22rf skin for their flash targets.....very cool and anyone (pretty much everyone) at the FNH match that shot the 22rf side match shot those flash targets. Very reactive at 50yards. I did try them at longer distances and they seemed to work well too!!

The really cool thing is.....if you already have one of R&R's flash targets, all you need is a new skin and you are good to go for .22rf, .22mg and 5.7 even. They fit right in the bases!!!

There are times when major PF in a rifle does pay dividends.... :closedeyes:

The look on your face was priceless when you prepped for a second shot and couldn't find a plate to shoot at.

I'll have to see if I got that on video.