Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 9mm Pro: Initial thoughts and observations

mike cyrwus

Gary,

Are you talking about the MP9L or the Pro, or both?

Mike,

Where did you send it to get fitted for kydex?

Kevin

The famous Ky-Tac.

He's located in the next towm over from me, which has been very convienient.

I was able to shoot 100 rds of light reloads thru my new Pro today and it's really nice. Seems to have less muzzle flip than the Glock 34 I was shooting. Can't wait to wring it out some more and shoot a match with it. I live near Mike, got mine at the same place and am waiting for a holster as well. I was thinking I might have to put a lighter recoil spring in to run with my bare min reloads but it ran just fine stock.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary,

Mike,

Kevin

The famous Ky-Tac.

Hey Mike,

I have quite a bit of Kytac gear, I love his stuff, but it is hard to get sometimes. I had told him a month or more ago to start the process for his holsters in a MP 5inch. Let me know how you make out and tell Dave if you talk/type to him to make another one for me. He does have the email I sent him, but just remind him.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted on how my testing goes w/ my MP9L compared to my MP9.

Kevin

Gary,

Mike,

Kevin

The famous Ky-Tac.

Hey Mike,

I have quite a bit of Kytac gear, I love his stuff, but it is hard to get sometimes. I had told him a month or more ago to start the process for his holsters in a MP 5inch. Let me know how you make out and tell Dave if you talk/type to him to make another one for me. He does have the email I sent him, but just remind him.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted on how my testing goes w/ my MP9L compared to my MP9.

Kevin

I know Kevin, Im blessed that I see him around the local matches.

He couldnt do much without having the exact gun, and Ill bet he will need the M&P9L version too, before ha cen make them for those.Is yours a Pro or a 9L?

Gary,

Mike,

Kevin

The famous Ky-Tac.

Hey Mike,

Kevin

I know Kevin, Im blessed that I see him around the local matches.

He couldnt do much without having the exact gun, and Ill bet he will need the M&P9L version too, before ha cen make them for those.Is yours a Pro or a 9L?

Its a 9L, but I believe the width and dimensions are the same, except for the very slight contour at the muzzle end, but I dont think that should matter, not on the length. Even if it isnt perfect, Id take it. Im waiting on my holster for the standard MP9 right now. I have to have him alter mine a little and set the belt loops so the front strap of the gun (as it sits in the holster) is even or very close to even with the top of the CR Speed belt. With his standard design, it sits too high and the longer slide guns G35/34, and Im sure the 9L and Pro, I have to pull it up too high. I had shoulder surgery several years ago (SWAT accident) and if I dry fire and have to pull it up into my armpit, it eventually nags my shoulder. So I had him alter this one so that doesnt happen.

Kevin

Its a 9L, but I believe the width and dimensions are the same, except for the very slight contour at the muzzle end, but I dont think that should matter,

Kevin, are you sure it's the "L" that you have??

Y

Edited by ysued

Its a 9L, but I believe the width and dimensions are the same, except for the very slight contour at the muzzle end, but I dont think that should matter,

Kevin, are you sure it's the "L" that you have??

Y

Yeah, I definitely have the 9L. Is the Pro "that" different at the muzzle from the 9L? It will fit in my MP Blade Tech revolution holster, but sticks up a bit. Id like a Kytac USPSA legal holster for USPSA Prod and a Blade Tech Prod legal to play with as well.

What are the differences between the Pro and the L models?

The Pro has:

Machined Sear

Fiber Optic Front Sight (Tru-Go, think)

Fancy plain Target Rear Sight

The L has a different profile (45 Degree cut in the front/Bottom of the slide)

I just finished with the Pro Photo Shoot, will post Images soon!!

Y

The Pro has:

Machined Sear

How's the sight picture with the Pro sights? Is there a good amount of daylight in the notch on either side of the front sight?

I have a Warren Tactical rear (~.150") and a .125" Speed Shooter Specialties front on my full size M&P, and the more I shoot it, the more I'm thinking there's not quite enough daylight around the front sight in the notch... (IIRC, BE likes his front sight to take up just over 1/3 of the rear notch width, so I thought maybe I'd give that a try a similar ratio when I get a M&P Pro... are the stock Pro sights anywhere near this ratio?)

Thanks,

Edited by Xfactor

The Pro has:

Machined Sear

How's the sight picture with the Pro sights? Is there a good amount of daylight in the notch on either side of the front sight?

I have a Warren Tactical rear (~.150") and a .125" Speed Shooter Specialties front on my full size M&P, and the more I shoot it, the more I'm thinking there's not quite enough daylight around the front sight in the notch... (IIRC, BE likes his front sight to take up just over 1/3 of the rear notch width, so I thought maybe I'd give that a try a similar ratio when I get a M&P Pro... are the stock Pro sights anywhere near this ratio?)

Thanks,

The front sight takes up most of the rear notch, I'll try to measure the width later. I was shooting a Glock 34 with a Dawson wide notch front and thin fiber optic front but I really like the sight picture on the Pro

The Pro has:

Machined Sear

Y

I'm not familiar with either the Pro or L. Which one would be the one to use for Production? Are the differences between the two models significant enough to justify the price difference (Whatever that amount may be. Still haven't seen one locally yet)?

The Pro has:

Machined Sear

Y

I'm not familiar with either the Pro or L. Which one would be the one to use for Production? Are the differences between the two models significant enough to justify the price difference (Whatever that amount may be. Still haven't seen one locally yet)?

The Price difference is abut $50, right??

You get Better Rear Sight (IMHO), Fiber Optic Tru-Glo Front and Machined Sear, is that worth $50??

that is a question for each individual!!

I will have both :D

Here's the Profiles:

M&P9L:

rjoz29.jpg

M&P9Pro:

2445f9x.jpg

Not much of a difference eh??

Y

Edited by ysued

Thanks for posting the pics and explaining the difference. I can't wait to actually hold one...better yet, shoot one! :goof:

Where can I get one?

The "L" is shipping now!!

The Pro, I don't know.

Thanks for posting the pics and explaining the difference. I can't wait to actually hold one...better yet, shoot one! :goof:

I can't wait to shoot mine, but I might have to wait until the "L" Comes ins, so I can shoot both of them together, I don't want to get the Pro dirty and boogered up with Holster Wear and Schmutz!!

Y