Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any IDPA or IPSC on Maui?

Guys, I'm in Maui. We got hosed around by the condo place in Honokowai and moved to a splendid place in Kihei. Found the range, but it doesn't seem to have a sign? Two gates, locked with a big U-lock, just south of Ukumehame park on the other side of highway?

I did the registration on Monday. It was so much easier after the tasing don't recall much at all... Brought my own ammo, 200 rounds.

I talked to Barry,. and he said all the guys who shoot there are "sick puppies", and it sounded like a compliment. I'm a little nervous now.... :roflol:

See you boys there.

Ben

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ben

you found the place, and there is a sign, it's laying on the ground where the #$%&%%^ installing the fiber optic cable left it.

and we're all too old to be sick puppies, remember old age and treachery will over come youth and skill any day. :P

Hey Maui Guys,

Thanks for the fun, and also the quick match. I met a lot of nice guys, except for those 2 A-holes named Mike who stopped in on stage 2 & 3. That stage 4 was defintely the longest range weak-hand stage I've tried so far!

They didn't have the money bag at sign in, and never collected before I left; I didn't think about it until I hit Kihei. Send me the guy's (Jeff's?) address or whoever it is responsible, and I'll send in my fee.

If I get out here again, I'll bring a pistol and shoot with you guys another time.

Anyone else there wants in on the EGW 6-slot chamber guage, let me know.

Best,

Ben

Glad to have you come out and shoot with us Ben.

This guy gets out of his car and after the introductions, proceeds to jump right in and help set up stages, shagged brass, set steal, taped targets, and then helped tear down :surprise: When you get back home, please send more just like you :D

Seriously, I hope you had a good time and enjoy the rest of your vacation :cheers: Ya'll come back now, ya hear

...and forget about the match fee. It's covered

Edited by DonT

• 5 months later...

Hey Barry, or Ray, or Don, or Gino or other Maui guys-

I'll be on your island May 12th - May 19th. I planned this quickly, but hoping to be able to hit the 3rd Sun for some USPSA goodness on vacation. Tell me you guys are still doing 2nd & 3rd Sundays?!?!?

Ben

• 5 months later...

OK, suitcase is packed with gun, mags, ammo, & belt stuff. I checked the club website and didn't see any sign of changes, so will there still be a USPSA match on Sunday, May 17th as esxpected? Just checking for last-minute local knowledge before I hassle with guns on airlines.

Hope to see you guys soon,

Ben

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we can't have Ben being the only Benosverse mainlander to enjoy the Paradise Isle Shooters' hospitality, now, can we?

I'll be coming out in mid July, staying a couple weeks in Kihei. I drove past the range a couple times during last year's vacation, but didn't think to bring a gun then. Well, I won't be making that mistake this year!

Looks like I'll be able to shoot a couple matches with you guys. I'll be bringing my Production Glock, ammo and gear (hopefully I'll bring enough 9mm). Being a California resident, 10 rounders will not be a problem... <_< .

Looking forward to meeting the faces behind the avatars and screen names, DonT, Gino, HI5-0 and Rishii. Remember Gino, I may not drink, but I did promise a round on me. All I ask is some first rate Spam musubi (got a couple Hawaiian shooting bradda's here in California who introduced me to the snack).

See you all soon! :cheers:

Kevin C

Edited by kevin c

Well, we can't have Ben being the only Benosverse mainlander to enjoy the Paradise Isle Shooters' hospitality, now, can we?

I'll be coming out in mid July, staying a couple weeks in Kihei. I drove past the range a couple times during last year's vacation, but didn't think to bring a gun then. Well, I won't be making that mistake this year!

Looks like I'll be able to shoot a couple matches with you guys. I'll be bringing my Production Glock, ammo and gear (hopefully I'll bring enough 9mm). Being a California resident, 10 rounders will not be a problem... <_< .

Looking forward to meeting the faces behind the avatars and screen names, DonT, Gino, HI5-0 and Rishii. Remember Gino, I may not drink, but I did promise a round on me. All I ask is some first rate Spam musubi (got a couple Hawaiian shooting bradda's here in California who introduced me to the snack).

See you all soon! :cheers:

Kevin C

Kevin, that sounds great. Look forward to meeting you.

Our matches in July are on the 12th, 19th, and 26th. Starts at 9:00am but we'll be there around 8:00.

Gino almost always brings spam musubi.

PM me if you have any questions or need anything.

C'ya soon

Thanks, and am looking forward to it.

Quick question: How's the commercial ammo situation out there (just in case I can't bring enough 9mm to get me through two matches)?

kc

Quick question: How's the commercial ammo situation out there (just in case I can't bring enough 9mm to get me through two matches)?

kc

I honestly don't know. I'll check it out this weekend and get back with you.

If it's not available, somebody here will have some factory 9mm.

Kevin

if you run short, let me know and I'll bring extra.

Gotta love that Hawaiian hospitality - you guys haven't even met me yet!

Thanks, and again, I'm really looking forward to shooting w/ you all.

Kevin

Hey kevin, I hadn't realized all the old "travel" threads had gotten consolidated here (duh) so I didn't know benb's thread had been added to. Spam musubi, eh? You do realize that after you eat a couple you SSLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW down don't you? Just kidding...they'll be there. Don't worry about ammo...I did my contribution to the current shortage by buying a case when Sports Authority had it on sale for 20% off and the clerks were saying they had news out of their distribution center that ammo was going to be harder to get in 2009...this was back in Nov 2008. I don't own anything that shoots 9mm :wacko:

Was it you or Aikidale who wanted the surf lessons, too?

See you in July!

Hey kevin, I hadn't realized all the old "travel" threads had gotten consolidated here (duh) so I didn't know benb's thread had been added to. Spam musubi, eh? You do realize that after you eat a couple you SSLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW down don't you? Just kidding...they'll be there. Don't worry about ammo...I did my contribution to the current shortage by buying a case when Sports Authority had it on sale for 20% off and the clerks were saying they had news out of their distribution center that ammo was going to be harder to get in 2009...this was back in Nov 2008. I don't own anything that shoots 9mm :wacko:

Was it you or Aikidale who wanted the surf lessons, too?

See you in July!

Ha, like I could get any slower.

My wife and son want to learn to surf. Me, I don't need to embarrass myself anymore than I do at the range...'Sides, I got that mainlander thing going where you look like moby dick on a board? No thanks...