Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any IDPA or IPSC on Maui?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen, I have arrived at this Paradise you call home!

Headed out this AM to the Police station to do the necessary.

See you all this Sunday! :D

Kevin C

Yay, saw him at the station getting printed and photo'd :ph34r:

He looks like he is built for speed, watch out guys :)

What do you need for ammo? Saw the 34 & 35 top ends :D

B)

I managed to get 300 rounds (147 gr 9mm) into the state on Hawaiian Airlines (with the ammo cases, almost exactly 10# (their limit)). I'll be shooting the 9mm top end - its lower is undergoing some tweaks preparatory to the Nats. The lower I brought matches the 35 top end, the Frankenstein gun I put together for the last local match. I figured I'd best bring both top ends, not knowing whether the records folks would get in a knot if I didn't have matching serial #'s on the whole rig. Sorry that I didn't get the right parts assembled before your staff looked at it.

As far as being built for speed, you saw me sitting at the window, you didn't see me hobbling across the courtyard for the pix and prints :P .

My apologies for missing you all last weekend, especially to Gino, who must have been annoyed having to eat all that Spam musubi himself. I didn't get the dates very clear.

See ya this Sunday!

Edited by kevin c

Thanks, but they were going easy on me :D

Coming back out this weekend. I'm bringing refreshments as promised. (Could somebody bring a cooler? The one in my rental is too small for everything. I'll get ice). :cheers:

Coming back out this weekend. I'm bringing refreshments as promised. (Could somebody bring a cooler? The one in my rental is too small for everything. I'll get ice). :cheers:

Hope you had a good time :cheers:

Come back again :)

Actually, Kevin took it easy on us...I believe one of the pertinent comments was...uh, maybe we ought to take this stuff a little more seriously :roflol:

It was a pleasure to meet and shoot with you, looking forward to your next visit...maybe I'll pull out some of our "Norco" stages. :cheers:

It was a great time in a great place with the best of people. I enjoyed every minute of it (except for turning my ankle on a chunk of lava, or was that a coconut?).

Good matches, good stages, good food (thanks Gino, for the musubi and the sashimi, and the tips on hot mustard), lots of fun with fun folks. Thanks, guys!

I definitely will be back.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Kevin

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Barry & other Maui guys,

Made it out here despite a TSA adventure. The day was actually saved due to TSA incompetence, which made my day. Hope to see you guys on this Sunday May 9, show up about 8:30-ish?

Cheers,

Ben

Hey Ray, great. I was talking with a pig-hunting sushi chef yesterday, who thought the range might have burned up in a fire on Monday. What relief!

See you there!

Ben