Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got to shoot the Top secret XDM-factor yesterday

bonedust

I got one today. It will hold 20 +1 rounds of .40 with a base pad. I like the grip and the slide. They messed up the trigger system just so you don't have to pull the trigger to take off the slide. I think that was REALLY STUPID. It can be fixed though, just a bigger pain to deal with.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

A few XDM's have shipped to Springfield Star Dealers and are for sale to the shooting public. Guns should arrive at wholesale by the end of May.

The other XDM thread: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...4814&hl=XDM

Yep, slight correction we received our first shipment this afternoon...coming to a gun shop near you Friday, May 16

Shoot one today, have to say I like the grip better than the standard XD. Little slimmer, little lighter, but I am comparing 4" to the 5" tactical. The XDm definately had a nice balance to it. I could see the XDm as a contender in Limited/L10.

The fact that springfield is in the running for the new Joint Combat Pistol (JCP) would be a factor in their recent introduction of a couple of new xd models xd-m as well as the 45 hi-cap model fit the model that the military is looking at, their is a push by some for a 40 s&w as well as a 45 acp, this is also the reason the external safety was removed from some models. But shooting sports and collectors will also benifit. Read all about it on www.globalsecurity.org/military :cheers:

I got one today. It will hold 20 +1 rounds of .40 with a base pad. I like the grip and the slide. They messed up the trigger system just so you don't have to pull the trigger to take off the slide. I think that was REALLY STUPID. It can be fixed though, just a bigger pain to deal with.

which basepad did you find that would work?, Do you have to wait till the magic number is manufactured to use it in limited class? :cheers:

They have easily made more than 500 so now Springfield needs to submit the paper work.

I've done a few trigger jobs on these and this model will have the lightest and shortest trigger pull than the other XD's.

Rich

which basepad did you find that would work?, Do you have to wait till the magic number is manufactured to use it in limited class? :cheers:

A modified Henning base pad works and is 140mm legal, but Arrendondo is making a pad and maybe a follower. We will be doing an XDm specific aluminum pad eventually also for those who want options.

any links to basepads? I have clients who want to put them on. Also anyone heard of extra mags. I sold two of them but they only came with the two mags. Can't find extra mags for them yet. At least I can't. any help would be appreciated. The buyers want to use them for limited division so they would like two more a piece.

ive now recieved 4 of the M's over the last 2 weeks and sold thru them all (keeping one for me of coarse). the buyers are experienced shooters and very happy from their initial range visits.

to answer some questions i saw...it will be coming in additional calibers and there is no plan for longer of shorter lengths at this time.