Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack is NOT L-10

I post on this on the USPSA Forum about Classifications.

OK, and I cut and pasted it here to for you lazy F'ers ;)

I have a beef with the HHF's for Single Stack. Presently they are the same as Limited-10. After having shot Single Stack for the past 32 months, and then this week breaking out my Limited gun, I can promise you that Single Stack and Limited-10 are NOT the same thing. ANY COF that requires a reload is vastly different.

So one of your arguments is going to be it is the same for everyone. And I agree, but it is not about everyone else it's about your standing against a percentage, not everyone else. Take me for instance, I'm trying to get to Master. Getting to Master with a single stack is vastly different than getting to Master with a wide body Limited-10 gun.

Single stack division needs its own high hit factors, not just riding on the coattails of another division. This is totally simple! Why make it more difficult than it is. Everyone knows it, so let's get it corrected.

We used to have a guy in our shop out at my NG Base. His family ran a big farm. He'd always have to take off for planting and again for harvesting.

One day I asked him...

- What'cha planting anyway?

- Corn.

- Sure seems like a lot of work.

- Yeah...it is.

- Why don't you just go to Kroger? They have all kinds of corn there...

Everything has to come from somewhere. L-10...Revolver...Production...they all started off with hit factors based on Limited. They didn't get their own high hit factors until there was enough solid data reported on the classifiers to base the hhf's on their own.

Here is the kick in the nutz...

You may be helped out by most of the really big-dogs not shooting SS on a regular basis, but...

You aren't going to be comparing your hf against other Master, A, B, C or D shooters. Heck, you aren't even going to be comparing against GM shooters. What you are going to compare your hf against is the HIGH hit factor for that particular classifier. The hhf is going to be set by somebody (or an average of somebodies) that SMOKED the reload.

It going to come from guys like Benos and TL...who have/can nail a reload in 0.80 on a skinny gun.

They gave us a gift when Production came out. The HHF were set at 95% of Limited. weird?

Hey Z,

If you can get to GM with in one of the other divisions, you will automatically make M in single stack

Just trying to be helpful. :devil:

I need to work ok my Limited game I guess. :(

In the Gary vein I'll offer this to aid you in your quest to master: Less keyboarding, more dryfire.... :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Time for :sight:

Seems like they just made up the HHF on some of the new stuff, not that any two people have ever shot them (in a match) at the pace they've decided on.

OK Z, I just realized who you are after many months of reading your posts. (thread drift mode on) My clubs are 2 degrees up and 1/2 in. longer than standard. Long lengs,broad shoulders and short arms. Is it physically possible for me to hit a draw? Sorry for the drift......

DaG

OK Z, I just realized who you are after many months of reading your posts. (thread drift mode on) My clubs are 2 degrees up and 1/2 in. longer than standard. Long lengs,broad shoulders and short arms. Is it physically possible for me to hit a draw? Sorry for the drift......

DaG

Your build is similar to mine, and the answer is YES!!!

Not easy to do tho

DaG

I have no idea what he said and I don't want to. I suspect it has something to do with the deliberate misuse of a rifle range.

The hhf is going to be set by somebody (or an average of somebodies) that SMOKED the reload.
Flex is spot on. Of course, on classifiers that don't require a reload the HHF will still be high as a kite. I have seen several classifiers that require a reload shot at 100% in L10 with SS legal gear.

DaG

I have no idea what he said and I don't want to. I suspect it has something to do with the deliberate misuse of a rifle range.

Cow pasture pool, waste of a good walk in the sunshine.