Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Golden Bullet - Nor Cal Section

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found it: ( http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/NCCB_4ed_2008.pdf )

Scores From Major Matches

A shooter’s performance in larger matches and tournaments

may also be used to help establish a classification.

In order for overall scores from a Level II or Level

III match to be entered as a classifier, the match director

must submit an Application for Level II or Level III

match with the “Results for Classification” check box

marked. Please note that there is no guarantee that the

overall results will be used. As a minimum requirement,

the results and competitor list will be reviewed at the

USPSA office to determine whether enough top shooters

completed the match and performed at a level high

enough to be considered a national standard.

If the match is determined to have satisfied all of the

requirements, the final score of the match may be entered

as a classification score for each shooter. Each division

is evaluated based on this criteria so it may be possible for

scores from one division to be used while the other

division is not.

Level II and Level III matches also may contain

classification stages taken from the National Classification

Course Book; however, the match director does need

to submit the classification report which is generated by

the EzWinScore program. Stats officers can program

EzWinScore to calculate the correct activity fees for the

various levels of USPSA matches when setting up the

match on the computer. Select Setup - Match Info, then

select the appropriate match type from the drop-down

list. Fees for classifier stages are established when the

stage is defined. Beginning with EzWinScore version

2.00, classifier files have been pre-defined for you. When

defining a stage, set the Classifier drop-down list to Yes

to display an additional listing of all authorized classifier

stages. If the classifier stage you want to shoot is not

listed, it is no longer authorized for use.

In addition, if the competitor shoots an Area Championship

or major tournament and wins first or second in

a class higher than his or her current classification, the

member may be promoted to that higher class, except for

Grand Master.

Meanwhile, back at the original thread, ChuckS asked:

Hi,

Does anybody have any idea if there will be water, other drinks, food, dancers, free ammo, live bands, etc, available during the match? I have not shot at this range before and was just wondering what sort of survival gear to bring along. Thanks in advance!

Later,

Chuck

PS: Did we ever find out about Friday registration?

hi,

there will be BBQ and water available, not sure if it's going to be Tri-tip or hot dogs at this point but there will be food and water available. Town is about 10 minutes away if you want fast food or gourmet seafood.

Bring hats and sunscreen and warm clothes, the temperature can range from 50-80 depending on the fog and can vary that much during the day.

Jason

Ok, I have a few things to post..

I just got off the phone with the MD, Niels Mastrup..

Registration: Will start right around 3 pm on Friday. I'll be there helping out to get everything moving. Saturday registration is currently up in the air but I'll say probably 7:30-8 start time till sometime in the afternoon. Since there are 10 stages, don't plan to absolutely get the match done in 1 day. You might be able to, but I wouldn't depend on it.

Food: There will be lunch available on Saturday, likely something simple.. water will be available on the range. There is no ammo available at the range and no dancing girls.

Clothing: You should probably plan on it being either warm or a little breezy and cool. A pullover sweater, long sleeve shirt or other garment to keep the weather off is a good idea. The range is about 6 miles from Morro Bay and the fog can roll inland all the way to San Luis Obispo. It can be cool out there but for some pople the weather might be more geared towards shorts and a t-shirt.

RO's: Currently we are still looking for certified ro's. If you can show up Friday morning and shoot with us, that would be awesome, if you can't make it out on Friday, we'll get you through to help out.

I'll be watching this forum for the next few days and try to answer anything else. Currently we are at approx 146 shooters. We can probably accommodate 160 ish shooters and/or maybe a few more. Any questions, pm me. I'll do my best to have an answer for you.

Vince & Jason,

Thanks for the info! I understand the coastal climate: just bring boots, parkas, tank top, shorts, sweats, sandals, wool hat, ball cap, gloves and sunscreen and you should be covered! Maybe not having the dancers is a good thing <_< . See you on Friday!

Later,

Chuck

Well, the RO's shot today and man was it toasty.. 111 in nearby San Luis Obispo. I'll be out there probably all weekend. I think it was like 102 at the range so it's going to be pretty warm tomorrow and Sunday. Long stages mostly, lots of run and gun. See ya out there!

Well, the RO's shot today and man was it toasty.. 111 in nearby San Luis Obispo. I'll be out there probably all weekend. I think it was like 102 at the range so it's going to be pretty warm tomorrow and Sunday. Long stages mostly, lots of run and gun. See ya out there!

Shot the whole match today. Got to the chrono around 730am and it felt 85F or so already. The outside thermometer in our car read 110F when we broke for lunch around noon :mellow: . Great stages, though. The folks at SLAP did a great job :rolleyes: I shot well until the last 2 stages when the mental fatigue got the best of me and I punched a no shoot right in the center of the A zone on the last stage of the match. Thanks to all who worked to put this one on.

Shot the whole match today. Got to the chrono around 730am and it felt 85F or so already. The outside thermometer in our car read 110F when we broke for lunch around noon :mellow: . Great stages, though. The folks at SLAP did a great job :rolleyes: I shot well until the last 2 stages when the mental fatigue got the best of me and I punched a no shoot right in the center of the A zone on the last stage of the match. Thanks to all who worked to put this one on.

I was one of the ROs (stage 4). We shot the match on Friday, but I bailed after 6 stages because I felt I'd be useless working the match if I continued on Friday. When I got into my car to leave, the thermometer said 113 degrees...

Hot yesterday also, but it broke a bit after noon and was in the low 90s for the rest of the day. I left my car idling near the stage all afternoon with the A/C on, and the CRO and I retreated for a 5-minute cool-down after he read the CoF description to each squad and we left them to walk the stage. (It's a cold range, and we were maybe 15 feet farther away than we would have been if we had been sitting in the shelter area for the stage.)

But today was BEAUTIFUL! The kind of weather I wish everyone had had for the entire match.

The S&W IRC match was two weeks earlier at our range and conditions were perfect.

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it."

Or maybe it's just global warming :roflol:

Edited by Jane

it was indeed warm yesterday!! thanks to the R.O.s that worked the match!!! :cheers:

nice stages, lots of running and gunning.

but with a very limited number or RO that worked the match, there was a pile up on the last stage where the chrono and classifier was done. we have to wait for quite a while.

shoot classifier first then chrono your load after.

will be back next year.

I just got home and will hopefully have the match results up on USPSA web site tomorrow or tuesday.. I will also try to get them up on the Area 2 website.. but as of right now. I'm going to take a shower and go to bed. Thanks to all who came and shot the match. Thank you to all the RO's who volunteered to help out and to the many people who worked behind the scenes who in some cases never even had the time to shoot the match, you all know who you are and we all appreciate all that you did for us.

The match moves to Sacramento next year.. keep your eyes on these forums for announcement of when. I am certain we will again need to ask for RO's and various other match officials to come out and help.

Hats off to all the ROs and to all that put the match together. It was mentioned that Friday's and Saturday's heat wave was far from normal and was a record breaker. Sunday's weather was absolutely beautiful and the Hogue Range and staff were just awesome :cheers: In spite of my very poor performance meeting some really nice people and having a grand time is a winning experience. Can't wait for next year's.

Great match, solid running gun stages, just enough steel and movers, excellent RO's, a little slow at the classifier/chrono, but the weather was insane! 112*F in Nipomo Friday afternoon. It's a good thing I train in Palm Springs all the time. Probably swilled down a dozen Gator Aids on Saturday, keep cool by dipping my neck towel and hat in icewater.... We did get thru all 10 stages on Saturday.

For the match staff I would like to thank all the shooters and RO's who braved the heat to make this such a successful match. This was the first time any of us here had ever tried to put on a match of this size and it's nice to hear all the positive comments from the shooters. Sorry about the heat, getting that hot here is almost unprecedented, unfortunately the fog rolled in a day late and it is foggy and 55 this morning.

Thanks,

Jason

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!

Stages were great, staff were helpful, friendly and they put up with the god awful heat on Friday, Saturday and probably setup day also.

Thank you to all!!

Well, I tried uploading the results today and probably did something wrong uploading them.. I was getting a server error so no doubt I goofed on my end.. Will see if I can get things corrected tomorrow :(

Sorry people... :unsure:

Thanks to all the RO's. They shot on Friday when it was even hotter than Saturday, and then stood in the sun all day Saturday! It was a good match, I enjoyed the stages and seeing old friends.