Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCF gets some competition

jbullgpd

I can't say who, how, and don't know when but.......

I had the chance on a recent vacation back to my home turf to shoot a glock with a steel lower. Put 200 rounds through it and saw it take 800 total with no problems. Nice weight. It will be coming from a reputable glock smith who has been doing glock work for awhile and great quality stuff at that. They are still putting it through its paces to make sure there will not be any problems and I think it will be worth the wait. I have no idea on the price but it has wetted my appetite. Only time will tell but I am impressed so far. The added weight makes it shoot pretty darn flat, I shot it in a 40 SW. Feels good in the hand and will have exchangable back straps. Wish I could say more but I hope to see it soon.

I just lucked out that I was at my old PD range while on vacation and they had gotten to look at it and put it through its paces.

Sorry, I just can't see it. If you want a steel gun, get an STI or something. If you want a Glock it HAS to be plastic, or it's just no longer a Glock. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just something about it that makes me go "WTF"!? :o

+100 JoBob!! Can't tell ya how many times I've been asked if steel-framed "Glocks" will still be considered as Glocks for the Idaho State Glocks Only Championship match! My rejoinder is always the same: if it don't say Glock, Inc., Smyrna, GA on the frame then it ain't a Glock!!!

Oh yeah --- still needin' funds for the new sled, check out my classified ad please!

Edited by titandriver

+100 JoBob!! Can't tell ya how many times I've been asked if steel-framed "Glocks" will still be considered as Glocks for the Idaho State Glocks Only Championship match! My rejoinder is always the same: if it don't say Glock, Inc., Smyrna, GA on the frame then it ain't a Glock!!!

Oh yeah --- still needin' funds for the new sled, check out my classified ad please!

I'll probably see you there next week! I'll be the one with the plastic Glock! Ha! :cheers:

Sorry, I just can't see it. If you want a steel gun, get an STI or something. If you want a Glock it HAS to be plastic, or it's just no longer a Glock. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just something about it that makes me go "WTF"!? :o

LOL that cracked me up. If you want a STEEL gun, get an STI, huh? :P

Edited by spook

I was amused by that as well... :sight:

One element of the Glock I won't give away is it's weight. Haven't got my arms around this conversion.

Fixing things that aren't broke. Swapping proven parts for the promise of what might be. Gets old.

If you score A's faster and win matches because all the non-Glock stuff is better for you. Rock on. :bow:

Jim M

Well, they DO make some steel frame guns. I didn't realize STI was so invested in polymer. You got me! Guess you can tell I don't have one! :rolleyes:

That's another gripe I have. A 1911 is a single stack, and it's metal. 2011s are just trying to make a 1911 into something it's not.

My handguns are 1911s and Glocks, with a smattering of S&W, Rugers and a couple other brands. I guess I'm a Glockophile traditionalist, if you'll pardon the oxymoron. Of course, I use to hate Glocks, so all the above is subject to change without notice. B)

No, just living in my own little fantasy world, under a Glock!

Since I have had no interest in acquiring a double stack 1911, I haven't really followed what's happening in that genre. I was aware of plastic STIs, but I didn't know that they were SO invested in it. I thought you could have a choice between steel and plastic double stacks, my mistake. So sue me! -_-

I want a glock frame, that takes glock parts, but accepts STI mags.

Why would you want to pay 4 times as much for a mag?

To get a couple extra rounds in, maybe? To run .38Super or .38SuperComp?

Not worth it to me, personally. Just got 3 more 17 round magazines from Natchez for $15 each, and I get 9mm brass free. :cheers: