Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prvi Partizan Ammo

sniperdog

The stuff Kurt and I shot has been very accurate, 308 and 223.

i personally will buy all I could afford.

Trapr

Have you dealt with an online vendor called "The Armory", they seem to have a good price in todays market.

• 1 month later...

I've had trouble with the 75gr match in my TSS .223, cases stuck in the chamber on 3 occasions. Talked to Benny and a few others and they said the ammo may run hot. Anyone know for sure?

Stuff comes from the same factory as Highland ammo.(I hope you know that over there in the States) I have always found it to be pretty decent but hot. I sometimes think that manufacturers over in the States are a bit cautious when they load to prevent lawsuits. Privi see not to fear that so they load to the full extent and if you have a tight chamber you might have trouble.

Personally I shoot a 8mm Mauser and all I use is Privi

Used ammo at last weekends Ky State Multi-Gun and had NO trouble with chrono. Seems to accurate but only used it at 100 yds, hope to play some next week at 200 yds to see what type of group it will shoot.

I shot 20 rds of this, 55 gr ball at the range this morning. Hits about 1 in low and left of my usual load. Shot about 2 1/2 or 3 in at 200. Does seem a little hot but primers looked good. Cycled the gun sharply. Reminds me of the South African we usted get, even the smell. If I had not just loaded 3500 rds I might buy some, or maybe a lot of this.-------Larry

• 2 weeks later...
For those of us who don't have a clue about this ammo, could some of you who have used it give us some more data ie maker, primer type, bullet type ?

Charles,

The maker is PPU in Serbia, Primer is boxer type and fully re-loadable, Non-corrosive, 75 gr Boat tail hollow point. I compared this ammo in my white oak bbl AR side by side with Black hills 75 gr match hollow point ammo. The BH was averaging .43 inch groups at 100 and the PRVI was at .53, I was very impressed with the PRVI and had no function issues. By my calculations at todays prices it is about $100.00 cheaper than BH per thousand.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone chronoed this stuff by chance? I believe it is advertised at 2760 fps, but that certainly seems understated from my experience. I'll be giving it another shot this weekend at our local rifle match.

For those of us who don't have a clue about this ammo, could some of you who have used it give us some more data ie maker, primer type, bullet type ?

Charles,

The maker is PPU in Serbia, Primer is boxer type and fully re-loadable, Non-corrosive, 75 gr Boat tail hollow point. I compared this ammo in my white oak bbl AR side by side with Black hills 75 gr match hollow point ammo. The BH was averaging .43 inch groups at 100 and the PRVI was at .53, I was very impressed with the PRVI and had no function issues. By my calculations at todays prices it is about $100.00 cheaper than BH per thousand.

Thanks for the info.

Anyone chronoed this stuff by chance? I believe it is advertised at 2760 fps, but that certainly seems understated from my experience.

I got 2703 fps for 6 rounds (ammo costs too much to run much over the chrono :sick: ). 20" Benny upper with DPMS 1:8" barrel and Rolling Thunder comp. Groups about the same size as Black Hills blue box 68gr MHP. When I was trying to check zeros with it, so much sweat ran into my eyes that group SIZE is not relevant data.

According to Wideners, from a 20" Colt, they get about 2600 fps average, and:

The ammo is made with MILAN BLAGOJEVIC powder and GINEX primers

Right now, at Wideners, it costs about the same as 55gr bulk brass ammo. Reminds me, I need to order more.

Lee

Hold the phone, I was in a 3 gun match a year or so ago, and a shooter in the squad ahead of mine was DQed because the Privi ammo stuck to a magnet and the RO thought it was AP ammo. Which it clearly was not. Communist Block ammo like Wolf and Privi can be magnetic but it is not AP I wish ROs would do the cut around with a Leatherman if you can cut the bullet than it is not AP even if there is some magnetic properties to the bullet itself.

So be careful most of the time the RO will DQ a shooter if the round sticks to a magnet, regardless if it is truly AP ammo or not.

Anyone chronoed this stuff by chance? I believe it is advertised at 2760 fps, but that certainly seems understated from my experience.

I got 2703 fps for 6 rounds (ammo costs too much to run much over the chrono :sick: ). 20" Benny upper with DPMS 1:8" barrel and Rolling Thunder comp. Groups about the same size as Black Hills blue box 68gr MHP. When I was trying to check zeros with it, so much sweat ran into my eyes that group SIZE is not relevant data.

According to Wideners, from a 20" Colt, they get about 2600 fps average, and:

The ammo is made with MILAN BLAGOJEVIC powder and GINEX primers

Right now, at Wideners, it costs about the same as 55gr bulk brass ammo. Reminds me, I need to order more.

Lee

I picked up a 1K of the 55 grain Privi at a 3 gun match last year and I've crono'd it extensively. In my 16" bull, 1:9 it comes out blazing at 3100 fps. In my 20" HV, 1:9 it is moving at 3250 fps. Needless to say, it's hot (i's labeled as "M193), but the SD that I've measured is in the single digits and crono'd rounds were 10 - 15 each per barrel. As for accuracy, I could only test it at 100 yards, but if I did my part, I did have .5 MOA for three rounds fired.

J

I may have been miss informed but the rumor at the match said it was Privi Partazon ammo when I saw this thread I remembered the DQ like I said I could be wrong but with eastern block ammo it's always smart to check it with a magnet before leaving the house. I had a bunch of Wolf .223 and none was magnetic the next batch I got it all was magnetic?

I may have been miss informed but the rumor at the match said it was Privi Partazon ammo when I saw this thread I remembered the DQ like I said I could be wrong but with eastern block ammo it's always smart to check it with a magnet before leaving the house. I had a bunch of Wolf .223 and none was magnetic the next batch I got it all was magnetic?

I can not vouch for this but I have been told that is mostly due to metals added to the jackets of the bullet. Do not take that to the bank but I have heard it from more than one shooter.

I just rec'd a case of the PRVI M193 55g FMJBT. Checked it with a mechanic's magnet. There's no attraction whatsoever. I'm looking forward to getting it to the range. Got the ammo off of Gunbroker.com for $375 including freight.

It isn't just "Eastern block ammo"Topmaul!! Get a magnet and check ANY .308 U.S. G.I. 150gr ball ammo and be prepaired to be SUPRISED!!! All of it is copper washed STEEL jacketed ammo! since 1964. By G.I. I do mean L.C. WWC.

And USGI M2 ball (30-06) bullets are lead-core copper-coated steel jackets. At least, the LC stuff from the 60's and 70's. I know some Garand shooters who had a cow when they found out that steel jackets were going down their beloved barrels.

If checking with a magnet, be sure to just check the bullet. There are copper jacketed bullets in steel cases, common with Wolf. It is possible there was some PPU that did the same, but all the PPU 223/5.56 I see advertised now is steel-free.

Lee