Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 and KISS?

Just bought a new-to-me used RL-1050, and am *badly* addicted to the KISS feeder I'm currently using on a 650.

I set up my KISS knowing that the position of the bullet feeder is stationary relative to the toolhead.... but now, with the 1050 toolhead moving up and down (instead of the shell-plate), I'm wondering if there are any issues I need to be aware of?

Is it just a matter of making sure the KISS 'spring-thing' that funnels bullets down into the dropper is long enough to account for the movement? Or are there other adjustments (or mounting considerations) I need to take into account?

Thanks in advance!

Bruce

I moved my K.I.S.S. feeder from my 650 to my super 1050 without any problems. Just make sure you cut the main post or you'll rip the coil feeder out of the hopper. I haven't had any issues with either and it's the best setup ever!!!!

As pete stated, the PVC riser pole is shorter on the 1050. You can go to home depot and get another (which would allow you to move the unit back and forth) or you can simply cut yours.

are there other <snip> considerations <snip> I need to take into account?

Bruce

Yes, you need to watch your wallet / cash / credit card very closely now!

(Ok, so I took your words outta context, but someone had to warn ya!)

Just bought a new-to-me used RL-1050, and am *badly* addicted to the KISS feeder I'm currently using on a 650.

I set up my KISS knowing that the position of the bullet feeder is stationary relative to the toolhead.... but now, with the 1050 toolhead moving up and down (instead of the shell-plate), I'm wondering if there are any issues I need to be aware of?

Is it just a matter of making sure the KISS 'spring-thing' that funnels bullets down into the dropper is long enough to account for the movement? Or are there other adjustments (or mounting considerations) I need to take into account?

Thanks in advance!

Bruce

Bruce,

The important thing to remember is that the output tube spring should be oriented in such a way that there is always a downward slope for the bullets to fall along. That way you will avoid forming a "trap"...which will probably result in a jam and a blown fuse. The photo shows the RL 1050 setup I use. The press is mounted directly to the bench, as is the KISS stand. The top of the 4" support stand tube is 24 inches from the top of the bench, and the output tube spring has been cut to 8 1/2" free length. As you can see, with the tool head UP, there is still a downward slope to the tube spring... and with the toll head down, the spring is not overly stretched. I've loaded a bazillion rounds in this configuration and it works well. Also, when you insert (twist clockwise) the spring into the dropper body or the delrin output tube, you can affect how the spring tube will be positioned to some degree. Hope this was helpful.

Rick

post-1691-1207806863.jpg

I made a little bracket to hold my KISS feeder on the 1050 post.. were I to use it on the 650, I'd make another one for that to ease the swap even more.

shred:

I'm sure you posted a pci of the bracket.

Could you repost or provide the link.

Never mind - found it.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...c=58389&hl=

Thanks.

Edited by RePete

I made a little bracket to hold my KISS feeder on the 1050 post.. were I to use it on the 650, I'd make another one for that to ease the swap even more.

Hi shred, I'd like to install a KISS feeder to my 1050 and liked the idea on how you installed it. Can you give me more details or pictures of the mounting bracket. Thanks.

Mine's made from stuff I had on-hand. I clamped a foot of dual-slotted shelf bar to the post and stuck in a 12" shelf hanger. I then took a PVC sewer pipe cap that almost fit into the base of the KISS plumbing, turned it down a little and cut a slot through the square part to fit the shelf hanger. Screw that to the shelf hanger and away you go.

If I didn't have junk like that lying around, I'd go to the hardware store and look for a one-piece shelf support or plant hanger that would do the same thing with less dinking around.

Mine's made from stuff I had on-hand. I clamped a foot of dual-slotted shelf bar to the post and stuck in a 12" shelf hanger. I then took a PVC sewer pipe cap that almost fit into the base of the KISS plumbing, turned it down a little and cut a slot through the square part to fit the shelf hanger. Screw that to the shelf hanger and away you go.

If I didn't have junk like that lying around, I'd go to the hardware store and look for a one-piece shelf support or plant hanger that would do the same thing with less dinking around.

Where did you get the light from?

• 9 months later...

I have been looking for a high intensity LED lamp similar to the one shown by shred. No luck.

I was in the Watertown, NY Home Despot and found a $20 LED flashlight that does the trick. It came with a set of batteries installed plus another set. It's distributed by Coast Products in Portland, Or.

From the front

HPIM1433.jpg

From the right side

HPIM1434.jpg

From the left side.

HPIM1435.jpg

It is a high intensity light.

what are the neat little holders Pete?

They are twin goosenecks . At one end is the flashlight holder and at the other ends are magnets.

I should have done this sooner.

HPIM1437.jpg

With the unit unclipped.

HPIM1438.jpg

With the light on.

HPIM1440.jpg

Edited by RePete