Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Real Life A D

lynn jones

Dear God ------ if I was ever going to launch a round at somebody, it sure as hell wouldn't be at the 275 lb former line backer with biceps that could dribble a Volkswagen.

Looks like she was going for the holster after the suspect was cuffed and had a finger on the trigger. The fact she had started the holster arc saved a life here. She likely made a natural firing grip on the pistola as she put it away.

That looks like dao beretta 92, which means the trigger pull is in the 9-11 lb range and very long. It also means it could not be cocked (Ididn't see an exposed hammer, if it's DA, then the DA pull is 13-15lbs)

Sad part is they'll blame the gun's design as unsafe.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

SA

It could be my eyes, but I suspect the AD actually nicked the guy in his ear. Watch how he grabs his ear just before the cruiser blocks the view of the camera.

I initially thought it might have just been a reaction to the noise, but most people would just be startled and not grab their ear from noise alone.

Hmmmmmm.

The RO in me keeps watching the gun; her strong hand appears to be doing something… trying to de-cock?

I’m quite sure there was bullet/asphalt fragments blown everywhere. The officer that was doing the cuffing looks down at his right leg.

Ed

It looked to me like it got very close to getting the proned-out guy in the right arm. The cop is probably checking spatter on his pants to see if he got hit.

Two seconds earlier, it looked like she was holding on the cop himself. Jeez.

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...