Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I lost one of my best friends tonight..

sargenv

I don't think all that many people knew him here, and he actually pointed me to this forum some years ago. I've known him for about 24 years on and off. He was one of the best friends a guy could ever have. I've shared days at the range with him, debated caliber choices, and had a lot of fun with him over the years. We kind of grew apart over the last couple years with the last year being kind of rough, but I decided that on Easter, when things are to be renewed I was going to forgive him for something that just seems insignificant now and get back to talking to him again. Little was I to know that it would be the last time I saw him full of life.

My friend was riding his Motorcycle on the back roads around where I live in the east bay hills. He'd been an experienced rider of approx 25 years. No doubt he was trying out some new part that improved some little tweak on his bike to make it run better or faster. All I know is that he impacted a barricade at approx 80 mph and with such force that his helmet came off (His helmet was designed this way actually).

I got the call last night around 8 pm that he'd been in an accident and they needed to get ahold of his family. I called my mother who had one contact #. I rushed out of the house to go see how I could help/support. I stayed at the hospital till about 2a. I got the call from his brother today around 1 and just got home a few minutes ago. He passed away at 8 pm after not having woken up from the original crash yesterday afternoon about 3:30 pm. I'm going to miss my friend.

So sorry to hear about this. Take care and be safe. At the very least you and your friend were talking again... That's a good thing. You won't regret that you didn't make up.

Kee Chan is my friend as well. He taught me how to shoot accurately at 25 yards. He was one of those guys that whenever he did anything, he did it in the very best possible way. Some would say to the extreme. I'm going to miss him as well, Vince! Talk to you guys soon.

I am sorry for your loss, it is never easy. I lost a very dear friend in December and my adopted Grand Mother several weeks back. it is not fair, but part of the cycle.