Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

California now wants to limit ammo to 50 rounds a month

:sick::sick::sick:

We can see where this is going !!!

I,m just going to sit with my thumb up my butt like the rest of the good citizens and not get political !!

You know they introduced a Microstapming bill in Arizona, if Arizona falls then thats it, "call your representitive"!!!

Future flash: anouncing the 2012 National USSSA Limited and Open Slingshot Nationals, ah hell, they'll probably

ban them too, Open Rock Throwing Nationals (Rock in hand, C-more mounted on wrist)!! :huh:

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Hmm, what rationale leads one to believe that limiting ammunition purchase to 50 rounds per month will cut crime? Do criminals usually buy in bulk? Do people who buy larger quantities of ammunition per month have a greater incidence of criminal acts?

Somewhere in my fading memory I thought that regulations should have some reasonable effect that will accomplish the desired end result?

Chills - thanks for letting us know about this bill.

Your post pays respect to the forum rules about politics AND it lets us know about a factual matter without adding a political comment - nice job!

It got me thinking about ways that we can maybe let people know about important developments that could affect them (especially as to competition) without crossing the forum boundries wisely set up by our host, Brian. I agree with him, BTW, that we should stay away from politics; this forum is about competition, not politics. I think our mods do a great job of keeping us on topic.

As an example, I understand our newest addition, the Steel Challenge, has been threatened by California's proposed environmental restrictions on lead. Should we discuss these things? Or leave these types of topics for other forums? (mods - feel free to delete this post if its not appropriate or move to a separate topic - thanks again. D.).

What are you guys talking about, microstamping is worse. With microstamping you cant have

even one round thats not produced and registered by a patented technology!!! This is the route that the antis

are going to use to take us out. They are not going after the guns anymore, screw your AR when you got

nothing to put in it is the new thought. they started with useing bogus science to ban lead and that worked.

They passed mocrostamping starting in 2010 in California and now are introducing the same legislation in

other states like Arizona!! Everyone of us effected should call, e-mail our representetives daily till they are sick of

hearing us !! Thats what the antis do while you sit with your you know what...

Do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is one definition of insantity. We've tried the logic of less guns less crime and statistics after statistics has proven this wrong. Actually I think it is the spoon fault not the fork. Ban spoons larger than 1/2 teaspoon.

The anti-gunners, kinda remind me of religious nuts, and MAC lovers. They are a dedicated group and won't be swayed by logic.

Geez... If they can't ban guns, I guess if CA's gun hating politicians figure they can make it more difficult, if not impossible, for people to get ammo.

"Gun control? We need bullet control! I think every bullet should cost 5,000 dollars", Chris Rock.

Not far from reality? :angry2:

"Gun control? We need bullet control! I think every bullet should cost 5,000 dollars", Chris Rock.

Bingo !!!

We dont need to discuss their sanity or logic behind what they or any other group is thinking. We dont need to

discuss "political" ideas of who is right or how wrong an idea might be, ie.crimerates,etc... We need to inform ourselfs

to whats out there and to discover how to go about countering a really loud minority !!

A great place to start , weather your a member or not(we all should be), is the NRAILA website

NRA

You can monitor upcoming legislation by state and with a few easy clicks you can find your representetive and

a few more clicks can show easy step by step instructions on how to contact them, over and over again!!

Political talk is not nessesary, I know I'm guilty!! :P , but we need to keep ourselfs informed of pending legislation

thet would effect the very exsistance of this forum!!

:P

The Mexican government severely restricts gun ownership, and imposes a fifty round monthly ammo limit on those privileged few who can legally own firearms... Is California still a part of the United States, or should it be renamed Mexifornia? :rolleyes:

Well, for starters, you can write the assemblymen listed in the article and politely let them know what you think....

Here's the note I sent 'em:

Dear Honorable Assemblymembers,

Once again, you folks have done more to encourage me to never visit your fair state, and give thanks that I do not live under your control.

Why is it that you continue to chip away at the rights of the honest while doing little or nothing to control those who would hurt society? Have you not realized yet that your efforts at gun control only affect the law abiding? Criminals, by their nature, couldn't care less about your nieve attempts to make the public safer.

I have had the opportunity to visit California several times for business and pleasure. The only time I actually crossed the border of your state was by accident, at Lake Tahoe. Once I realized I was in your state, I crossed back to the other side of the road and spent my dollars in Nevada. I simply refuse to do business with anyone or anything in your state thanks to your draconian efforts to control the law abiding segment of the population.

I urge you to vote down AB2062. Show the rest of the country that sanity and logic still prevail.

Regards,

The Fish

I don't read it the same way, this does not limit the purchase to 50 rounds per month.

Apart from all the new paperwork for the Dept.of Justice and the general hassle for ammunition resellers, this limits the transfer between "non ammunition vendors" to 50 rounds per month.

quote "no person shall sell or transfer more than 50 rounds of handgun ammunition in any month unless they are registered as a handgun ammunition vendor" end of quote.

Anyone with a permit to buy ammunition can buy how much they want, but it has to be a face to face transaction and you may not pick the boxes yourself in the stores.

As I read it it does not limit the sales of components for reloading.

I don't like it anymore than the next guy, but it does make it a criminal offense to sell/share ammunition to those who should not have it in the first place.

Edited by RogerT

Well, for starters, you can write the assemblymen listed in the article and politely let them know what you think....

Here's the note I sent 'em:

Thats great but you have to push the other guys, the guys with the other letter next to

their names!! :mellow: The guy who introduced the bill does not care about what you have to say

one bit, you can still give him an earfull but he knows dam well that your not voteing for him anyway.

Contact the other guys on the list and simply state that you strongly urge their support or dissmissal of a certain

"piece" of legislation. They are our opposition on the inside, things like this pass when "they" cave to the

presure. You need to add more presure, they only understand and care about one thing, reelection!

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

It only bans HANDGUN ammo. Nothing about rifle and carbine ammo. That was the trick at K-Mart a while back. They won't sell you ammo for a handgun so you just tell them it's for a rifle.

Well I guess you've got nothing to worry about them right ? Unbeliveable!!

Let me find my thumb again!!

What no one has yet commented on is that this also eliminates the ability of those of us actually in the state to buy handgun ammunition online. Since it has to be face to face, that means widener's, midway usa, outdoor marksmensmart, and all the other vendors can no longer sell ANY handgun ammo to us. Ok, 45 acp and 38's can be used in a rifle, but there just aren't that many 40 S&W rifles out there.. It's bad law no doubt, but all we can do is light up their phone lines asking them to not allow it to get out of committee.

What amazes me is the "This isn't that bad" train of thought.

People on that train are reasonable frogs.

Turn up the heat slowly and the frog never notices until it is too late.

Or they cam for the pistol Action shooters, but I shoot Bullseye, then they came for the high power rifle shooters, but I shoot Bullseye, then they came for the shotgunners, but I shoot bullseye, then they came for me, and there was no one there to stand up for me.

And please feel perfectly free to replace all of the various references to any particular shooting sport with any other, becasue it parctically doesn't matter. We area a fractured group and the Antis got to love that.

Anyone that thinks 50 rounds and I can apply for a license isn't step one to you can't get a license is just plain dumb.

In NJ we have a LAW that states that permits to purchase SHALL be issued in 30 days or denied WITH CAUSE. So day 55 here and no permits, Local PD says, and I QUOTE: "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE LAW!"

Jim