Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A little G34 project i just finished up

bonedust

ive been tinkering with this thing for months, and i finally finished it up this past week. i did 99% of the work myself, and im 99% happy with how it came out. im alway nitpicky about my own work, tho.

Glock G34

upper:

Slide has been lightened by 23% with side and top machined pockets

recut and contoured ejection port

recontoured slide nose

lightened and polished striker

maritime cups

vanek's springs and saftey plunger

lonewolf barrel, compensator, recoil pack, and rear slide cover

Arotek ghost ring sights

Lower:

recountoured grip

full custom trigger job using LS alum trigger with the patience and guidance of charlie vanek (2lb with 0 pre or post travel, all safeties working!)

cutom mounted Dawson heavy magwell

Aro-tek slide release and mag release

Dawson magwell baseplates

2 tone CeraKote finish done by me. Tonka yellow!

P1012441.jpg

P1012442.jpg

P1012443.jpg

the gun shoots like a dream. almost no recoil, comes back SUPER fast, and cycles almost any ammo without fail. ive got about 4k round thru it and havent had any major issues (that werent cause by my own stupidity).

we do ALOT of ceraKote refinishing at our shop. the stuff is very tough, very stain resistant, and looks nice. in fact, we had one gun that was ceraKoted by another dealer, and we had to blast it (runs and orange peel in the finish) and it was nearly impossible to get it off with our usual Ti/fiber blasting compound. that same blasting compound will peel a stock Glock finish off like its make of butter.

in this configuration the gun as about as much recoil as an average 22 pistol shooting Win. 37gr hollows. its amazing.

in all honesty, if i could do it all over, i wouldnt do the ring rear again. but im used to it now, and shoot with it as well as any other. it does help me with initial sight aquisition, but it blocks too much field of view imo.

im doing a G35 in a very similar mannor. its getting a Trijicon Docter slammed in the slide!

Very nice BoneDust...Ilike the periodic chart (?) soo!!! Edit: What # spring did you install? thks

i may shoot some IDPA with it, or another guy at our shop may take it out for some shoots. i built it as a show-n-go piece for our shop/range. ive already taken in 3 guns to do similar work since finishing this one.

Edited by bonedust

Very nice BoneDust...Ilike the periodic chart (?) soo!!! Edit: What # spring did you install? thks

i may shoot some IDPA with it, or another guy at our shop may take it out for some shoots. i built it as a show-n-go piece for our shop/range. ive already taken in 3 guns to do similar work since finishing this one.

I don't think you will qualify to shoot any division in IDPA with that glock. Compensated, slide lightened and a ghost ring pretty much is a no go.

Only division you could qualify to shoot is Open in USPSA.

i wonder how long that slide will hold up.. with all the cutting, it looks like it would be prone to cracking.

and glock 34 slides are known not to be the strongest anyway.

looks good! needs a red-dot sight for some open division steel

Harmon

i wonder how long that slide will hold up.. with all the cutting, it looks like it would be prone to cracking.

and glock 34 slides are known not to be the strongest anyway.

looks good! needs a red-dot sight for some open division steel

Harmon

i have 2 stock 34's and have shot 20k+ rounds thru both with no slide issues. Ive never even read of any real issues that werent user related. im sure there are problems out there...

i didnt vicariously cut. this was engineered, CAD printed, re-viewed by a structual engineer (my cousin), and then cut. i was very careful with my spring selection and im careful with my load selection. sure, it could fail. anything can fail, but i feel confident it is no more failure prone than an OEM gun.