Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 2 weeks later...

Stages look cooool, nice mix. I am hoping to make this year's match after missing them the last....umm forever!!! :rolleyes:

Say, does stage 12 come with a GPS and tour guide???? :surprise:

Edited by dirtypool40

THESE SHOULD BE ALOT OF FUN. LAST YEAR WAS GREAT AND THESE LOOK TO BE EVEN BETTER. GUESS I NEED TO BRUSH UP ON THE STEEL....

Do like me and practice steel a lot, like every time there's some at a match!! :rolleyes:

The stages look like a lot of fun.

I was trying to decide which division to shoot until I saw all that steel.

Then it came to me.

[In my best Dustin Hoffman "Rain Man" voice]

Dot gun, ....... definitely dot gun. B)

Tls

The stages look like a lot of fun.

I was trying to decide which division to shoot until I saw all that steel.

Then it came to me.

[In my best Dustin Hoffman "Rain Man" voice]

Dot gun, ....... definitely dot gun. B)

Tls

;):D:excl:

The stages all look awesome! This will be my first Area match and looking forward to it quite a bit. I am trying to print out the stages to cram before the match but I'm unable and it freezes my computer...any advice?

The stages all look awesome! This will be my first Area match and looking forward to it quite a bit. I am trying to print out the stages to cram before the match but I'm unable and it freezes my computer...any advice?

I've found that trying to gameplan a stage off these descriptions is an exercise in futility.

The are cool and serve a purpose.

They give you a round cound plus a general idea of the layout of the stage.

However, when you start trying to set your reload points, etc. you find that the reality of the stage varies somewhat from the graphic.

You may think you have it all figured out and it looks good on paper.

But when you actually see the stage, things aren't always what you expected.

Targets you thought were visible from a certain point may not be and vice versa.

Timing of movers and props can't be figured in advance.

In my opinion you shouldn't try to read too much into the stage description.

Keep the pre-conceived notions to a minimum and study the stage when you're standing on it.

Just my $.02

Tony

Edited by 38superman

Tony,

Thanks for the advice and change (.02) :) I have shot a few sectional and state matches, so I am somewhat familiar with the whole "stage prep with reloads and round count only to have it all changed the day of match" thing. I just wanted to overview and get an idea of round count and basic stage scenario. Thanks again!

I've found that trying to gameplan a stage off these descriptions is an exercise in futility.

The are cool and serve a purpose.

They give you a round cound plus a general idea of the layout of the stage.

However, when you start trying to set your reload points, etc. you find that the reality of the stage varies somewhat from the graphic.

You may think you have it all figured out and it looks good on paper.

But when you actually see the stage, things aren't always what you expected.

Targets you thought were visible from a certain point may not be and vice versa.

Timing of movers and props can't be figured in advance.

In my opinion you shouldn't try to read too much into the stage description.

Keep the pre-conceived notions to a minimum and study the stage when you're standing on it.

Just my $.02

Tony

RobE,

Since this is your first area match let me give you a little something more to think about.

There are some things you can do in bigger matches that may play to your advantage.

For example:

I've noticed over the years that I tend to shoot better later in the match.

There are always exceptions, but I usually don't shoot my best scores on the first stage or two.

It takes me a little while to get warmed up and get into a rhythm.

Because of this, I find I do better if I can shoot the match in a day instead of breaking it up into two days.

That way my overall score only has to suffer the "warm up stages" once in a match instead of twice.

Also there can be an advantage if the schedule and stages are published in advance and the match is self-service squadding.

I look at the stages, consider which ones are low round counts and try to get on a squad that shoots one of them first thing in the morning.

That way I'm "warming up" on a stage that doesn't help or hurt much because it is a relatively small portion of the match.

On a smaller stage there are less points to win or lose.

Some of the "slow start blues" can be offset if the match offers a practice area.

If they do take advantage of it.

It helps, but it is still no substitute for the real thing.

Just a few thoughts for you to consider.

T

Edited by 38superman