Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Car Blues

Gary Stevens

I'm surprised. I always thought if I had the extra cash for a muscle car I'd drive down to Bowling Green and order one, being of a mind to buy Kentuckian. :D

Dale, have you ever taken the tour through the plant? It's pretty interesting. No cameras allowed though, at least back in "95".

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not exactly. That is a picture of someone else's car. Mine is still in Dearborn, Michigan :sick:

Ah, Gary -- they dropped it off at our house since we're nearby. We're taking good care of it.

Would you send a copy of your insurance? And a credit card for keep the tank above half full (always a good idea in cold weather)?

Sarah has her learner's permit now and she really likes Mustangs.

We'll drop it off at Summer Blast. You're signed up for Blast, aren't you?

:cheers:

Steve, Sue and Sarah :D

There is nothing "super duper" about it. It has 315 HP, 5 Speed, 3:73 rear gears, 6500 red line, and a better suspension. Also some retro looks to it and lacks any tape or spoilers. The interior is pretty trick, and they are only making 7000 in the US and 700 for Canada.

I needed a new ride and this seemed to fit the balance between in the price range I was looking for, sporty, peppy, and reasonable gas mileage.

Being a child of the 60's, I will always like the street muscle car. Now if they just had more muscle at a price an average Joe could buy.

6 letters

WRX

STI

hmmm

135 mpg with 3 guys in the car going down usery pass on the way to rio salado area 2 match.

lynn

Is that a hill or a cliff? MPG or MPH, either way thats a bit much?---------Larry Edited by Larry White

There is nothing "super duper" about it. It has 315 HP, 5 Speed, 3:73 rear gears, 6500 red line, and a better suspension. Also some retro looks to it and lacks any tape or spoilers. The interior is pretty trick, and they are only making 7000 in the US and 700 for Canada.

I needed a new ride and this seemed to fit the balance between in the price range I was looking for, sporty, peppy, and reasonable gas mileage.

Being a child of the 60's, I will always like the street muscle car. Now if they just had more muscle at a price an average Joe could buy.

I really like the clean looks. Ford did a fantastic job of recreating the 70 stang. The new Camaro is nice but does not really keep the looks of the 69. The new Challenger is going to be cool and offered with 425hp. It does retain some of the original style but selling price is going to be 10-20K above sticker for a while. You reckon the car manufacturers are realizing how much we miss these great cars finally??

6 letters

WRX

STI

hmmm

135 mpg with 3 guys in the car going down usery pass on the way to rio salado area 2 match.

lynn

Is that a hill or a cliff? MPG or MPH, either way thats a bit much?---------Larry

I dunno, 135 isnt really pushing it for the STI, esp if it was an 07 or newer, that mpg rating is a little over the top though, I only made 25mpg in the EVO down to lexington for the RO class, damn city driving made me forget I get to drive over 55 on those nice open highways even when I know the car will easily do more.

• 4 weeks later...

Gary----good news, your car will be dropped off here this afternoon. I stopped by the plant this morning. There was this sweet Mustang laying some serious rubber in the lot. They said they'd replace the tires before their shift ends today and then they'll drop it off. I'll be sure to thank them for the tires. Can't have our 15-year-old driving around on raining days on bald tires. You want Steve to drive it to Single Stack Nationals to hand it over, right? No, wait, maybe that's Summer Blast....Revo/Limited Nats? :lol: hmmm...

:cheers:

Gee, with friends like you folks I really don't need any enemies :devil:

I found out that I wasn't given exactly correct information previously. The computer shows the car was to be built today, March 24. Perhaps in about 10-14 days I might be chopping the block in a new pony. Just in time to make the trip to South Carolina for some shooting.

Gary