Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I plan on finding my way out there this year (it took a free entry off a prize table to get my cheap ass out there). Who else is going?

Where's a good place to stay?/Where's everyone else staying?

How easy/hard is it to rent a car out there?

Are you close to larger towns/cities, or is it like Barry?

This will be my first time flying with guns so any pertinent info wouldn't hurt, either.

Any other special advice/insight?

There are lots of hotels in Morro Bay both chain and local.

The closest big town is San Luis Obisbo (5 minutes away) with all the regular shopping, restaurants, multi-plex movie houses you'd expect to find.

You'll probably fly into San Jose which is a major airport with typical car renters. Its a 2-3 hour drive to Morro Bay from there. Get the GPS, it will make the trip easier.

Flying with a gun is not problem. Have it in a lockable case, tell them at the counter and be ready to show it to them when you check in. The limit on ammo is 11 pounds which is just under 300 38spcl with 158's so you may want to ship some. Check with the MD on shipping ammo.

See you there

I will be stayin at the Motel 6 South in San luis Obispo. It is right next to Marge's Diner and thye don't believe in leaving any part of your plate showing when you are served. (insert burping icon here) I would do a search in The area Paso Robles I think is also fairly close about 15 to 20 minutes from the range butSan Luiz Obispo seems handy. When I was flying in we flew into Burbank and rented a car there. If you can find a cheap flight into San Luis Obispo there are rentals available right there at the airport. Be sure to heed TMC's advise and ship your ammo it save a lot of hassle.

I plan on finding my way out there this year (it took a free entry off a prize table to get my cheap ass out there). Who else is going?

This will be my first time flying with guns so any pertinent info wouldn't hurt, either.

Be nice to Bubber

I will be stayin at the Motel 6 South in San luis Obispo. It is right next to Marge's Diner and thye don't believe in leaving any part of your plate showing when you are served. (insert burping icon here)

Plain o'l burps.......Or the "hurl chunks" kind. :sick:

Sounds like my kinda place either way.....

Edited by D.carden

Try travelocity and do a package deal they come up with good prices. I've found it is best to spend the extra $50 to $100 to fly right in to San Luis Obispo and save the hassel of a 2 to 3 hour drive after you fly all day. Then you have the 2 to 3 hour drive back after the match is done. If you want to split up the cost and look for things seperate check out Motel 6 in Morro Bay (just 20 minutes from the airport in San Luis Obispo) just remodeled and price is great and you are right on the ocean. We have been staying there for a couple of years. As far as flying with a gun the directions given to you earlier are good but some airlines require that the gun be in a lockable hard case inside a hard side suitcase. Best bet is to call whichever airline you are going to fly on and ask them their rules, then you can't go wrong.

I will be going.

Plan on staying in the little town of Los Osos, just up the road from Randy's shop.

There are plenty of places to go. In SLO there are the local college bars. In Morro Bay there is the tourist shopping, the rock, and the beach. In Los Osos there is montana de oro. In cayucos there is a beach and a pier. Further up the coast there is Hearst Castle and some seals somewhere. Oh yeah, if the coast is clear there are some spectacular views up highway 1.

If you stay in Slo it can be 5 to 20 minutes away from the range. Morro Bay is 5 to 15 minutes away. Los Osos is about 10 to 15 minutes away. If you stay over the hill in North County, Atascadero and Paso, it is 30 minutes and up. There is also Pismo beach and the other cities that way, about the same time as north county.

Hope to see you all here at the Hogue Action Pistol

-Eric

-i live 10 minutes away from the range B)

eat in morro bay at least one night, nice to eat on the waterfront....

If stopped by the Police, do not say you are Cliff Walsh, nor should you claim that you know him.

Do not make any reservations under the name Cliff Walsh, (see above warning)

Should something bad happen and you end up in jail, don't sit next to Cliff Walsh.

But have a great time, it's in nice place and the range is great.

michaels

If you need to ship ammo, you can ship it to me. I'm going up on Tuesday before the match, will be running the classifier match on Wednesday and working in the stat shack. Let me know by e-mail and I will send my address.

Rich

Edited by The Hat

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be there...... :cheers:

Me too! :D

Is any one going to the Southwestern Regional in Richmond May 17th?

Flights are booked .... probably should send an entry form now shouldn't I???

Pinshooter ... which Hotel we staying at this year?

I'll be at the SW regional.. but then.. I designed a stage.. and I'm part of the match staff :D

MichaelS should be there too... with one of his working revos.. ;)

I think one of those stages is mine at the SW, can't remember now....

I'll be at the IRC, wouldn't miss it for anything. When does the betting open up?

Hope I get to watch Mr. Davis clean up his division, maybe buy him a beer...

michaels

I'll be at the SW regional.. but then.. I designed a stage.. and I'm part of the match staff :D

MichaelS should be there too... with one of his working revos.. ;)

I think one of those stages is mine at the SW, can't remember now....

I'll be at the IRC, wouldn't miss it for anything. When does the betting open up?

Hope I get to watch Mr. Davis clean up his division, maybe buy him a beer...

michaels

Heck I did not know my division was dirty. You must have peeked. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Only a couple weeks left..

Working gun... check

Paid entry fee.... check

Reloading componants.... check

Broken 650..... check

Annual emergency Dillon phone call..... CHECK!

Situation Normal...

Oughta be another great match!

Dang, Cliff to bad. This one seems to be a a run n gun format. You would have done well. I just got to practice the near and far a couple of times so far. Shot a 13 and a 12. But then a 21 25 and a 29. Never know which one will show up at crunch time :angry2: