Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Boom Stick

norbs007

I'm no expert but they look great.

:cheers:

Get one of those strobes, you'll like it. It's amazing how much more depth you get with side lighting; you can make text on paper look 3D.

Thanks, but it doesn't have that striking look that Yamil or Stickman (ar15.com) have on their pictures. These were taken with window lights and a flash bouncing off a white umbrella.

Thanks, but it doesn't have that striking look that Yamil or Stickman (ar15.com) have on their pictures. These were taken with window lights and a flash bouncing off a white umbrella.

Nice work!

I'd be careful about going down the strobe path. First it's strobes, then it's stands and softboxes, then it's more strobes... next thing you know you're selling your new boom stick to afford more camera gear.

The nice thing about shots like this is the subject is completely static. You don't need a big punch of light from a strobe to freeze any motion. Constant (hot) lights will be easier to work with and should be a little cheaper.

Edited by quigibo

Thanks for the feedback guys, can't wait to go out at matches to snap cool pictures.

Yamil uses hot lights I think.

Thanks Chris, I think I have one of those in the garage. Will experiment with that.

Cool looking gun.

what's the overall length of the barrel all the way to the end of the comp?

It's a 16" barrel, with that SureFire comp/adaptor it's 17.5".

NICE!!!

What stock is that???

It's a Magpul UBR stock, I got lucky to buy one when they had a pre-production release which only lasted overnight I think.

Nice work!

I'd be careful about going down the strobe path. First it's strobes, then it's stands and softboxes, then it's more strobes... next thing you know you're selling your new boom stick to afford more camera gear.

The nice thing about shots like this is the subject is completely static. You don't need a big punch of light from a strobe to freeze any motion. Constant (hot) lights will be easier to work with and should be a little cheaper.

It already started...I was actually thinking of selling these two to get the lights. Just don't have the heart to let them go.

jp15ltd.jpg

arsenal-2.jpg

Dont sell guns to buy other stuff! Guns are too hard to get back if you ever want them again :)

Here's a good article I found on ar15.com about photographing guns.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&...21&t=398372

Thanks Chris, I did see that and played around based on it. Here's a couple of them.

jp15open.jpg

goldcup.jpg

A little better...I think :)

Edited by norbs007

What kind of camera are you using? If you're using an SLR or have the ability to adjust the aperture - a higher F-stop number will give you more depth of field - specifically in the third shot of the first post - more depth of field would make the picture much more striking. Shooting off a tripod is also a big help especially if using a small ap (high F-stop number).

~Mitch