Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dedicated or just not smart enough to stay home

We set up three stages yesterday for todays match. Yesterday it was in the 20's, pretty typical for this time of year. Weather dummy said cold front was coming through Saturday PM, but who ever listens to them right. This morning was the coldest I have ever shot in. We were lucky that we were out of the wind, it would have been unbearable if we were in the wind. But we had three other people decide not to stay home so we made a little match out of it anyways. Had fun, set up a propane heater in the conex to warm up, and we were out of there in an hour. Still better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Tom

Went out to shoot Sporting Clays this morning.

Was sunny 30F with 10-mph wind when we left the clubhouse.

By the third station, the clouds had come in, snow and wind had picked up, visibility was down to 30 yrds.

We shot the next, though some of us never saw the second bird.

Gave up on the 5th. We could not see the clays in the whiteout. Long walk back to the clubhouse. We were cold, and well covered in snow.

Half an hour later, the clouds blew away, the sun came out, and we went back and finished. The wind was still up, and the last station out of the woods was rough.

Still better than sitting in front of the TV. :cheers:

It was actually fun, and now I know my Limited gun runs great at 7 BELOW ZERO!!!!!!! Dressed appropriately the cold just isn't that big of a deal.

Hopefully Mike and Julie will put some of the pictures up, they should be good for a laugh at least....

You guys are so dumb :D

Wish I had a match to go to :(

You did. In Miamisburg.

It was equally cold, but also worth it. No sense in letting my competition in the warmer parts of America get all the practice in during our winter ;)

You guys are so dumb :D

Wish I had a match to go to :(

You did. In Miamisburg.

It was equally cold, but also worth it. No sense in letting my competition in the warmer parts of America get all the practice in during our winter ;)

To make it fair, I think you should dryfire only outdoors in the winter! :rolleyes:

We got together for a good practice today. Not trying to make you lads envious or anything but it was 59 today. First time in a looong time it has been that warm. Usually 30 something with wind. We didn't know whether to shoot or hang out like a flock of buzzards and soak up the warmth. We shot. Didn't know how to act shooting in long sleeved tee shirts instead of four layers and a coat. Come on summer! By the way I feel for you guys.

CYa,

Pat