Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Area 7 Chamionship

One think worth noting is the limited number of slots - 72 on Sat, 72 on Sun plus staff/sponsors on Fri.

Others can get into Friday squads by asking, but we'll be touching up the stages Friday AM, may not start exactly on time, and will be assigning squads from Friday only on match day (people shooting Friday will be scheduled in 1 squad and we will break up into squads at the shooter's meeting).

$60.00 for the match - the club has a large prop inventory and tells me they don't need to hammer people on the entry fee to put on a decent match.

This is bad scheduling for those of us who shoot USPSA and IDPA. The Massachusetts IDPA State Championships are the same weekend down in New Bedford. I already sent my application in for that one. I'll see if I can shoot one Saturday and one Sunday but it will be pretty tough for out of staters like me.

One think worth noting is the limited number of slots - 72 on Sat, 72 on Sun plus staff/sponsors on Fri.

Others can get into Friday squads by asking, but we'll be touching up the stages Friday AM, may not start exactly on time, and will be assigning squads from Friday only on match day (people shooting Friday will be scheduled in 1 squad and we will break up into squads at the shooter's meeting).

$60.00 for the match - the club has a large prop inventory and tells me they don't need to hammer people on the entry fee to put on a decent match.

Here Here to a great match fee!! :cheers:

This is bad scheduling for those of us who shoot USPSA and IDPA. The Massachusetts IDPA State Championships are the same weekend down in New Bedford. I already sent my application in for that one. I'll see if I can shoot one Saturday and one Sunday but it will be pretty tough for out of staters like me.

I think it's great scheduling, considering the host club has to coordinate with 4 other active USPSA clubs in this section alone, make sure the dates don't interfere with the host clubs other activities of Cowboy Action shooting and Idpa.

Way to go Harvard!

Dates don't conflict with any other USPSA major matches, held before the Nationals, low entry fee, nearly immediate results, and I'm sure it'll be challenging, as all your matches are.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just booked a hotel room at the Radisson hotel in Chelmsford for Friday night. I have a guest suite with 2 double beds, and I'm wondering if anyones looking to split costs? If anyones interested, the best way to get in touch with me is to call me at 908-278-4676

Heading down and looking forward to my first major match!

Just remember the "free lunch tickets" you will be issued at checkin are not standard for major matches :)

There are free lunch tickets? :cheers:

I hope they are still serving the steak tip sandwiches that they had at the last club match because that was pretty awesome after a morning of shooting. It was WELL worth the hour I spent in the bathroom when I got home :roflol:

just shot the match...it was one of the best well run matches that i have shot

THANKS!!!! to all the staff that made this happen....

also Dayquil,Nyquil and Benzonatate are my best friends :cheers:

I'm glad you had a great time!!!

A special thanks to Dan Hurley, Greg Newman, Rob Boudrie, and Gary Barna, and the rest of the staff that helped out.

We all sincerely hope you had a great match and enjoyed your free lunch. Our monthly matches are typically catered (not free though) which is really great.

It was a great match. Thanks to everyone who helped setup and tape. I got to RO Dave Sevigny on stage 7 who was fun to watch.

That was a wicked stage. Dave actually broke it down for me during the walk thru and I was all set for a good run, then the timer went off and I went into meltdown and self-destructed. I ended up with 5 Mikes. It was embarrassing, but not nearly as embarrassing as stage 6 with all those steel targets. Damn you Chris Martin (just kidding, I love shooting steel). When the smoke cleared on stage six I was standing in a pile of brass and spent mags. I needed 3 static reloads and went all the way back to my 6th mag on that stage. I was shooting like crazy, but nothing was falling. That was embarrassing!!!

-Cuz.

I'm curious... What was Dave's strategy on stage 7? (I'm also a Production shooter, and I thought that and "Guns of Harvarone" were the most interesting tactically for those of us with 10 round mags.)

As I've come to expect from the good folks at Harvard, the match was excellent and the atmosphere fun and friendly. I thought that some of the stages felt as though they were designed mostly with Open/Limited in mind; but I liked the wide variety-- everything was quite different. It was cool to see double swingers for the first time, too. It was a fairly high disaster factor match, with a lot of "do or die" situations... a good way to find out the holes in one's practice regimen. Hopefully they'll be running the match again next year?

I'm curious... What was Dave's strategy on stage 7? (I'm also a Production shooter, and I thought that and "Guns of Harvarone" were the most interesting tactically for those of us with 10 round mags.)

Dave broke it down for me a couple of times to make sure I understood what to do. He started from the left side (Port A) and carved up the course into groups of eight shots. He shot 8 from Port A then the same at port b, and again from port c and ended up at port D. He was very fast, and efficient.

I hold him in higher regard than before. I've shot with a few people at matches that weren't close to his caliber that don't make any effort to converse, never mind trying to help you out.

I am quite amazed at his ability to absorb what he needed to completely roast the competition while at the same time helping others. That's mental toughness and just great sportsmanship. Hat's off to him.

Dave broke it down for me a couple of times to make sure I understood what to do. He started from the left side (Port A) and carved up the course into groups of eight shots. He shot 8 from Port A then the same at port b, and again from port c and ended up at port D. He was very fast, and efficient.

I hold him in higher regard than before. I've shot with a few people at matches that weren't close to his caliber that don't make any effort to converse, never mind trying to help you out.

I am quite amazed at his ability to absorb what he needed to completely roast the competition while at the same time helping others. That's mental toughness and just great sportsmanship. Hat's off to him.

Dave is one of the true class acts of our sport. He's not just unbelievably good, he's also always willing to help out regular mortals like the rest of us. Glock is lucky to have him as a representative.

Sounds like his strategy on stage 7 was similar to mine... he just did it way better. Cuz, did he shoot the double swinger as soon as he activated it, or let it slow down and get it from a later position?

That's really interesting. The people I saw who did it the fastest skipped the middle ports altogether and shot everything from the outsides. Did he actually stop at each middle port or shoot on the move as he was passing them? I had a pretty fast time on that stage but his time of 23 seconds is amazing. I just had trouble with the outer swingers.

Edited by Glshooter

...Did he actually stop at each middle port or shoot on the move as he was passing them? I had a pretty fast time on that stage but his time of 23 seconds is amazing. I just had trouble with the outer swingers.

On Sunday I was one of the RO's on stage 7.

He did stop at each port - very smooth with no hesitation - in the last port his timing on the swinger was perfect.

Sounds like his strategy on stage 7 was similar to mine... he just did it way better. Cuz, did he shoot the double swinger as soon as he activated it, or let it slow down and get it from a later position?

If I remember correctly, he activated it from the first port and then shot it from the second port.

That's really interesting. The people I saw who did it the fastest skipped the middle ports altogether and shot everything from the outsides. Did he actually stop at each middle port or shoot on the move as he was passing them? I had a pretty fast time on that stage but his time of 23 seconds is amazing. I just had trouble with the outer swingers.

Skipping ports works if you are shooting Open or Limited. Dave only had 10 rounds between reloads so it almost seemed "convenient" for him to stop at each port and shoot. I'd say he actually stopped, however brief at each port to shoot.