Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Footwear?

Jay6

Hello: The Landsharks tend to be narrow. The Adidas cornerblitz are wider. I like the mid height ones. Golf shoes are another option if you want some shoes with style. They have replaceable spikes as well. Lastly Nike hiking shoes work well in either low or mid heights. I would take a visit to a good sports shoe store to see what they have. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Just shot with a pair of Merril Chameleons I picked up for $55. Best $55 I ever spent. I was using my trail running shoes before and there is quite a bit of difference although with Rio Salado's composition I might give a pair of Landsharks a try.

I use some Nike Land Sharks that I bought for $25. I have some trail running shoes that I use as a backup. Both work great on grass and sand. If a stage has a lot of concrete and wood, the trail running shoes are the better of the two.

Merrell Chameys.........$55? Get me some for at half price will ya, Neomet.

Love 'em. My ankles are not so good, but the way the heels cup in the chameleons they feel more secure than the high top hikers I used to wear.

Best $110 I ever spent (on shoes).

• 3 weeks later...

I think one important thing to keep in mind when selecting shoes for ISPC style courses of fire is what the shoes are designed for. Hiking boots and running shoes are designed with the idea the person wearing them will mostly be moving forward, not laterally. I've found with hiking boots its the tread design that is at fault for poor footing, and with running shoes it is the support. It seems my ankles are more prone to rolling over in running shoes when moving laterally. Football cleats, soccer cleats and shoes like those are made not only with forward movement in mind, but also lateral movement as well. The tread design, and the design of the uppers is designed in a way to give a good deal of support and stability regardless of the direction you are moving......So, with all that being said, I bought a pair of UA Hammers last summer and have moved more efficiently, and have not slipped when charging into a shooting position since. They fit my foot well (14). They are snug enough that my foot does not move around inside when moving about, but they are all day comfortable. I highly recommend them!

the reason I am looking for more support is because I rolled and broke my ankle a few years back. I was laid up for almost 3 months. Tore the roots/bone surrounding ligaments right off the ankle bone,...just like uprooting a tree!! I can go to the gym and run with out much problems,..but I think running over rocky or uneven terrain I may be looking for trouble if I neglect to get something with a little more ankle support.

Hello: You can buy ankle supports to support your weak ankles. I used to wear one when I played baseball,soccer and football. They will help alot. You can also get a higher topped shoe or boot which will help even more. I think the key is to have multiple shoes for different ground surfaces. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric