Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crossfit training

Chris Conley

Did my very 1st Crossfit WOD today!!! Kinda pumped to go back and do it again! I was certainly a little lost at first, and definitely a lot sore when I left, but I enjoyed very minute of it!

I'll be going back for sure! ;)

:cheers:

Crazy as it sounds, I look forward to working out now more than I do shooting sometimes. this stuff is addictive. i blame dave.

Edited by spanky

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup .... thats Crazy!!!! :rolleyes: But I did have a lot of fun today. Not even sure what all we did for WOD. Pullups, Pushups, Floor Sweepers, Burpees, Deadlifts, and some other weights that I can't remember.

What I liked the most was that it was more like a Club or "team" than just going to the gym. Looking for motivation in my training, so I think this will be the ticket!

What I liked the most was that it was more like a Club or "team" than just going to the gym. Looking for motivation in my training, so I think this will be the ticket!

Which is one of the strongest reasons why CrossFit beats the pants off P90X... ;) The group dynamic adds motivation, inspiration, accountability, and a lot more fun... Now, let us know what your Fran time is...roflol.gif

Jeremy, you can blame me... but only if I can take credit for your results, too... cheers.gif

Did my very 1st Crossfit WOD today!!! Kinda pumped to go back and do it again! I was certainly a little lost at first, and definitely a lot sore when I left, but I enjoyed very minute of it!

I'll be going back for sure! ;)

:cheers:

Crazy as it sounds, I look forward to working out now more than I do shooting sometimes. this stuff is addictive. i blame dave.

I get to be the same way after doing it for about 6-7 months. I have Jake DiVita to blame though.

Now, let us know what your Fran time is...roflol.gif

Jeremy, you can blame me... but only if I can take credit for your results, too... cheers.gif

:roflol: @ Fran time.

Sure thing.

By the way, the video is up.

Anyone been doing any of the 2011 Open workouts in prep for this coming year's games? My box did the 11.4 Open workout last night. Holy mother of :surprise:! 60 bar facing burpees, 30 OHS (120lbs) and 10 muscle ups AMRAP in 10 min. I had to drastically modify the weight as OHS are just not my thing yet. I never even made it to attempt any pullups, let alone try for the muscle ups.

Anyone been doing any of the 2011 Open workouts in prep for this coming year's games? My box did the 11.4 Open workout last night. Holy mother of :surprise:! 60 barfacing burpees, 30 OHS (120lbs) and 10 muscle ups AMRAP in 10 min. I had to drastically modify the weight as OHS are just not my thing yet. I never even made it to attempt any pullups, let alone try for the muscle ups.

What was the Rx OHS weight on that one? 135? Yeah, brutal. Don't feel too bad, though - the highest scores in the Open last year were only about a round and half cheers.gif

Anyone been doing any of the 2011 Open workouts in prep for this coming year's games? My box did the 11.4 Open workout last night. Holy mother of :surprise:! 60 bar facing burpees, 30 OHS (120lbs) and 10 muscle ups AMRAP in 10 min. I had to drastically modify the weight as OHS are just not my thing yet. I never even made it to attempt any pullups, let alone try for the muscle ups.

We did 11.4 a couple weeks back and 11.5 last week. Neither of them are very much fun!!

See nothing in your message screams to me "oh snap, let's do it!!!" actually quite the opposite. You crossfitters are nuts. :wacko:

See nothing in your message screams to me "oh snap, let's do it!!!" actually quite the opposite. You crossfitters are nuts. :wacko:

Don't knock it til you've tried it.

I learned to pace myself during wods and have found my progress improved. Its tempting to blow it out at the beginning with all the loud music and shouting but after being stupid sore after work outs for a couple of weeks I decided there was no dishonor in pacing myself and pushing hard at the end instead. After about 6 months of awkwardly flopping around on the pull up bar I finally learned to do kips! My ego has also been well tempered by all the times I get smoked by girls at the gym. Used to it now. :blush: Crossfit!