• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely.

I would definitely get rings at some point though since bar muscle-ups don't require the degree of stabilization needed for ring muscle-ups.

I'm going to get a set after the next few matches I have coming up. Need gas and food.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

• 1 month later...

Well I'm 41 and out of shape and have been looking for something to get back into when I found this thread. Did a web search and found 2 local CF gyms. I will do my first work out Friday morning, trainer said to eat light if anything at all. I'll let you guys know sometime Friday if me finding this thread was a good thing. :D

Well Friday I hit it, and it kicked me in the gut, which is what I expected. Workout consisted of the following:

Warm up: x3

10 squat thrust

10 squats

10 ring dips

10 fogot the name but the piece of equipment looked like a Roman chair the excersie was like a sit up but all the way past parallel

did 10 facing forward and 10 facing down.

Workout: x1 for time 13:52

500k row

40 squats

40 situps

20 push ups

10 pull ups

I realized this isn't much to you guys but I really thought I wouldn't make it through the situps and pull ups. I havn't done a situp in 10 years. Trainer stood on my feet which helped greatly and wouldn't let me quit. This is why I need a place like this. Same deal with the pull ups. By this time I was spent and after the first 2 I didn't think I would make it but with the constant encouragement and realizing he wasn't going to let me quit unless I looked like I was going to die I made it through all 10 in about 4 min.

I then took a seat to catch my breath, and let the light headedness clear up. Finally moved to laying on the floor for about 10 min. just to try and feel normal enough to drive home. Had a nice conversation with the trainer through all this as he tryed to make me feel better about feeling like I was going to have a heart attack. Made it out to the car and that's when the mouth started to water and the feeling that I needed to heave came on strong for a few minutes. Made it home had some dinner and hit the sack. I see what you mean about life changing, I can't see how it wouldn't be if you stick with it. I will hit it again on Mon.

Have a great weekend.

Edited by OLDMAN41

• 2 weeks later...
Will do. I'm actually suprised how much I"m looking forward to Monday.

Good job 41. I took about a week off or so from it and now wished that I didn't. Some never learn lessons learned so many times before. That won't happen for a while. I have to really stick with it now. Starting next year my life changing experience will begin. I'll be ready!!!

Welcome to the club. Today's wod kicked my butt. I thought it would be a piece of cake. Gave out after #3 but finished. I ran the 400's too fast. Squats did me in. Embarrassing 16:41. That's what a week or so off will get ya.

Chris C.

I did that one on a treadmill a week ago (at a hotel gym, so....). I had an... altercation... with the treadmill <_< So, I had to chill... on the clock... while my leg stopped throbbing enough to actually do squats <_< I was in the 18s...

What I discovered, though, being that this was the first time I was on the clock on a treadmill, is that its hard to judge real pace like I would running on the street. I was obviously covering ground more slowly, but I have no idea what my 400m splits were... Hmmm....

Next week, I'll be working out in one of the most expensive gyms on the planet, though... That ought to be a treat ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I take it "Ralph" is a new one. 26:17 and I had to sub the rings with dips. 5X 21 dips and 21 burpees. My arms are still shaking.

Chris C.

ETA: Here lately I have been getting light headed, weak and feel a little dizzy about 2 hours after the WOD. Feels like my body just dumps out on me. Is there something that I can do to avoid this? I hate feeling this way.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

I take it "Ralph" is a new one. 26:17 and I had to sub the rings with dips. 5X 21 dips and 21 burpees. My arms are still shaking.

Sub for MUs is supposed to be 3x dips and pullups, FWIW :) Yeah, that one looks entertaining - and, yeah, its new... What a horrible way to get a new one... <_< Too bad the SWAT guys didn't get to him before he off'ed himself... :(

ETA: Here lately I have been getting light headed, weak and feel a little dizzy about 2 hours after the WOD. Feels like my body just dumps out on me. Is there something that I can do to avoid this? I hate feeling this way.

Yeah. Eat. Specifically, eat some good carbs - maybe a piece of fruit or something - though a Zone balanced snack or meal would be better. ;) You're hitting a "low fuel" situation....

Hey, I got to work out 3 times on the Lincoln. That was cool - try doing cleans and snatches (using DBs) on a moving platform... Ran on the treadmill, some, too... that was a total (disorienting) trip... :D Legs are still sore from the workout we did on Saturday, which turns out to have been the CF.com workout on Sunday (though we did it w/ 20# DBs, as more of a metcon)... Lightweight or not, that sucker is gnarly!

Xre, I'm eating good man. I really watch my diet and staying away from the junk. I ate a big sandwich, 2 pickles, banana, a yogert, 3 multigrain bars, and some almonds during the 4 hours before doing the WOD. I did start feeling better after I ate a big salad. I'm working night shift also and I'm pretty tired. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Yeah I knew I was suppose to do some pullups too. Some one ripped the bar off the wall here at work. :angry2:

Chris C.

during the 4 hours before doing the WOD. I did start feeling better after I ate a big salad

I'm saying - eat after the workout ;) You're hitting low blood sugar following the workout, which is why you're feeling like crap... ;)