Chris Conley

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am truly jealous of you guys that can do this program. My wife used to manage a hotel where cross fit trainers would stay almost every week. On Sundays, I would bring the kids over and we would have breakfast, so I would see them all of the time. I hoped to god that my wife didn't see the guys because I figured she would leave me. These people are some of the healthiest people I have ever seen. Is that what an adult male is supposed to look like?

I've softened my opinion on crossfit. I worked out a few times with my sister who lives in Fla last year and had a good time. They also had no problems with me working on my core routine prior to and after class.

Edited by John Thompson

Been working out about 3-4 times a week at a crossfit gym for about a year now and its still one of the best things that I could have done to get back into shape, for those who say "you'll hurt yourself" they're just afraid of a little pain!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started crossfit at work in January and also started eating healthier with the my fitness pal app. Dropped 35 lbs since then and feel great. I just got back from the MGM Ironman match and scored the best yet in that very tough match. Felt great, had a lot of endurance and didn't feel like I got beat with a bat at the end of each day. Crossfit was big reason for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Did crossfit 3 days a week for about a month, then took a break for a month due to vacation and work, and am back at the box for the past two weeks.

Went 5 days this week, and felt great! Have to get a new gun belt since I've lost weight...

Hated going to the gym before i found crossfit, been going 5-6 days a week a couple times a day for over 3 years now and i have to say its awesome! For the haters i say that you just have to find a box with good trainers. As with everything start at the ground and work your way up, go slow and get the movements and form committed to muscle memory. You practice shooting with crap form so why would you do that for workouts. even with as much as i train im only ever sore never in pain, love this stuff and am definitely hooked for life!

Crossfit is injurious so take it slow. Recover properly before working out again

I found that it's good to drink some recovery formula like whey and some bcaa.

My WOD from a total of about 200-300 total reps of different excercises is now down to 90-120 reps and 3x per week.

Good luck. Still nursing a month old forearm soreness/injury from doing archer chest to bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• 3 weeks later...

Lotta if's coming at you.

IF you are a semi experienced CrossFitter

and

IF you are a semi experienced Shooter

and

IF you can be in central Florida on November 16 (just over a week from now)

and

IF you are interested in being part of a cool inaugural event

Call me soon!

~shannon

Sorry, can't say more.

Choose your "trainer" wisely.

With so many gyms popping up, you have a lot of half ass coaches who have no business teaching the olympic lifts, especially having inexperienced people do technical oly lifts for "time." IMO, a crossfit cert does not equal experience olympic lifting coach, but so many places local to me seem to think so.

Can you be smart and not get hurt? Yea, but pay attention to what you're doing.

I am all for seeing more people get under the bar, but just not half asses coaches getting folks hurt.

Disclaimer: I am speaking in general and not directing this at any one in this thread. You guys seem to have a handle on things. Respect!

Edited by JaeOne3345

If you're a facebooker check out Universal's page. We just had the inaugural CrossFit Shooting Invitational and it came out pretty cool. CF's media team was there and I'm sure they will put a good package together. I have some photos up and will put a video together soon.

We got a little hammered with the weather...it was like a damn July thunderstorm in the afternoon. But that just made the workouts suck worse!

More info to follow.

https://www.facebook.com/UniversalShootingAcademy

• 1 month later...