Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

:mellow: Dougy Dude ...Have you gotten an overdose of Xmass candy?

Oh and off the names called at the awards thin I don't get one any way for 2nd place M open <_< thats OK just 4 M in the event and GMs

BUT! they did not send the scores into be included as part of our classification record. How is that possible?

Alamo,

I wish it was Xmas candy - I'm hopped up on Percocet for a recently diagnosed back problem. Gotta ween myself off this crap by the weekend so I can shoot some matches (screw the pain, I gotta burn powder) - LOL!!

Honestly, a plaque isn't important to me, especially for what I consider a mediocre personal performance at A4. I also wonder why the scores for A4 weren't sent in yet - maybe not enough

GMs to qualify?? = 5 is the magic number

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per the classifier book, which can be read (pdf file) online: http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/Intro.pdf

Scores From Major Matches

A shooter’s performance in larger matches and tournaments

may also be used to help establish a classification.

In order for overall scores from a Level II or Level

III match to be entered as a classifier, the match director

must submit an Application for Level II or Level III

match with the “Results for Classification” check box

marked. Please note that there is no guarantee that the

overall results will be used. As a minimum requirement,

the results and competitor list will be reviewed at the

USPSA office to determine whether enough top shooters

completed the match and performed at a level high

enough to be considered a national standard.

If the match is determined to have satisfied all of the

requirements, the final score of the match may be entered

as a classification score for each shooter. Each division

is evaluated based on this criteria so it may be possible for

scores from one division to be used while the other

division is not.

I don't know why the scores for Area 4 were not used as a classifier... I don't know why or if Ken Hicks hasn't gotten awards sent out... BUT, Jimmy Mitchell is handling the frames. If anyone hasn't received their frame it's probably because they haven't sent FFL info to Jimmy.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Ok - I wanted to update on what I have found. I hate to keep this thread going but I feel the questions should be answered for the shooters who participated in this great match put on by San Angelo.

Val at USPSA has written to me stating that the match was not uploaded to then for activity so to this date it is not in the database for classification. I am sure it is an oversight on SA Gun Club. I sent an email over to them asking about this but have had no response. If you shoot an Area Championship it should be at least sent in to USPSA.

No words from anyone also on the Awards being sent to the winners. San Angelo is a great place to shoot and they have great people - I think someone has dropped the ball on this and I do not want see shooters take a bad taste in their mouth about this match or San Angelo.

Just wanted to update the shooters who were wondering about this information but who did not want to post.

Ken Hicks is The Man on this...all failures are strictly his fault. Call him and let him know that it is far past time to get the trophies out and the scores posted.

When are the Area 4 Director elections again <_<

Alex

No holding back.....I am pissed. It does not take > 2 months to get trophies made. I am calling him right now and I suggest everyone else who is due a trophy or wants the match to count as a classifier do the same. He cell number is at http://www.uspsa4.org/ .

Well, I just talked to him and he states the trophies should go out in a week or so (ha!). He also said the match should count as a classifier for Open and Limited but didn't provide any details. To be fair he did appologize for the delays but I won't accept it unless the trophies do show up in the next 10 days nor if the match isn't on the USPSA website prior to the next classifier run. I am shocked that an Area match was run this way.....too bad as it was a great match with very good stages run by good RO's.

Well, I see they posted the dates for 2009 Area 4 match in November 13 to the 15th. Bring your long johns.....

Jerry

At least we've got dates far enough out to make plans this time, unlike 2008 where we only had a couple months notice. Great stages and great ROs last year, but the overall administration obviously needs some work. Thanks to those who've taken the time to check on this and post your findings here.

Saw them on the double tap page. I think it was under events.

Mike

Not USPSA, Area 4, or even the SAGC site?

Scortch? Paging Scortch. Where'd ya get the scoop?

I did just see a notice on the Area 4 page for the Texas Open at the Impact Zone at the end of May.

1911jerry

Where did you see the dates posted at I can't find them

Billy

I think this is a typo, thoes dates are a Sat, Sun, and Monday. The dates are when it was in 2008 in San Angelo. I talked with Ken yesterday and he had not picked a date yet.

Later

Tom Drazy

Black Bullets International

Well, I see they posted the dates for 2009 Area 4 match in November 13 to the 15th. Bring your long johns.....

Jerry

At least we've got dates far enough out to make plans this time, unlike 2008 where we only had a couple months notice. Great stages and great ROs last year, but the overall administration obviously needs some work. Thanks to those who've taken the time to check on this and post your findings here.

Guess I spoke too soon - apparently the dates listed are wrong. Area 3 and Area 4 are the only areas that haven't yet set dates for their 2009 Area Championships - anyone else seeing a trend here in A4? Pulling out my crystal ball, I see that A4 folks will have to wait until the last minute for info again this year

I'm ready for some Change - and I don't mean Osama, err - Obama, or whatever his damn name is. :angry2:

I found it on the sticky page at the top, set dates here thread.

November

11/06/09- 11/08/09: Area 2 Championship - Rio Salado Desert Classic

11/13/09- 11/15/09: Area 4 Championship

JS

I imagine that's unofficial wishful thinking.

Jerry

Guess I spoke too soon - apparently the dates listed are wrong. Area 3 and Area 4 are the only areas that haven't yet set dates for their 2009 Area Championships - anyone else seeing a trend here in A4? Pulling out my crystal ball, I see that A4 folks will have to wait until the last minute for info again this year

I'm ready for some Change - and I don't mean Osama, err - Obama, or whatever his damn name is. :angry2:

Area 3 is announced it is on the USPSA site as 7.30.09 in Omaha.

Tom