Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Classifier Stages

HuskySig

I got my club's re-affiliation packet today and it looks like there are four new CM 08 classifiers to be added to the book. I look forward to shooting these before the high hit factors become outrageous!

CM 08-01 "4 Bill Drill" 24 rounds Virginia Count, 2 strings

CM 08-02 "Steeler Standards" 20 rounds Virginia Count, 3 strings

CM 08-03 "Six" 6 rounds Comstock

CM 08-04 "Seven" 7 rounds Comstock

Also, CM 99-54 has been deleted.

mattk

Edited by HuskySig

Does anybody have a scan of these new classifiers, or know if they can be found online?

I need to start dryfiring them ASAP!

(There. I made the joke before Chris could.)

I thought your dryfirefu allowed you to visualize the new classifier stages before USPSA approved them. :cheers:

Does anybody have a scan of these new classifiers, or know if they can be found online?

I need to start dryfiring them ASAP!

(There. I made the joke before Chris could.)

Bender, Are you really joking? ;)

There was a 20 round course of fire named "Steeler Standards" at the 2006 Area 8 Championship.

A good chance that may be CM 08-02.

Aah...the brain teaser that caused multiple pages on this forum with folks trying to figure out how to shoot it....

There was a 20 round course of fire named "Steeler Standards" at the 2006 Area 8 Championship.

Aah...the brain teaser that caused multiple pages on this forum with folks trying to figure out how to shoot it....

Vince,

That actually wasn't the course...the Steeler Standard was with 4 classic targets, 3 strings total. The one you are thinking of was last year with the 7 metric targets.

9___Steeler_Standards.pdf

Edited by Otisray

Vince,

That actually wasn't the course...the Steeler Standard was with 4 classic targets, 3 strings total. The one you are thinking of was last year with the 7 metric targets.

This is a LOT like 99-61.

I just shot that with a revolver in 16.2 but I had some sloppy hits. I did however beat everyone else for the match 24 people I think including to master production shooters. I know I broke their hearts. :ph34r:

Vince,

And so it was...I stand corrected.

Well, with George Jones stepping down as Area 8 Director it is great to see him get the credit for the Steeler Standards classifier. ;)

Are you implying that someone else designed it? Because I'll refer you to CM03-07 Riverdale Standards, designed by George and shot at the 2002 A8 Factory Gun and at the 2002 A8 Race Gun Championships.....

Same classifier, different targets. Notice how the height is less than 5 feet for this one? Berm considerations in the trailer pit at Old Bridge forced that change....

08-04 Seven, Looks Like a fun one. What do you think, shoot the popper first or go back to get T2?

Ahhhhh-----Why don't you just shoot it from the right or left of the box so you can shoot

T2 past the popper? It doesn't say you have to shoot from box A. It says you have to engage

the targets from "the shooting area", but does not designate Box A as the shooting area.

Bill

Most people understand that "Standing facing downrange in shooting area with wrists above respective shoulders ...." means standing in Box A. The RO will not / can not start the shooter until he has entered the "shooting area" which in this case, is Box A. Once the COF has begun, you cannot leave the shooting area (Box A) without incurring any penalties.