Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R & R Racing Multi-Gun 2008

8. Classes

8.1 Open Class

8.1.1 Any Open Class gun OR Open Class equipment puts the competitor in Open Class for the entire match.

8.1.2 See Firearms Classification (Rule 6) for details.

8.2 Tactical Class-Iron Sighted Rifle

8.2.1 Competitor will shoot a Tactical Handgun (Rule 6.2), Tactical Shotgun (Rule 6.6) and a Tactical Class Rifle with iron sights (Rule 6.4).

8.3 Tactical Class-Scoped Rifle

8.3.1 Competitor will shoot the same handgun and shotgun as listed above but with a scoped rifle, (see Rule 6.4).

8.4 Heavy Metal Class - See firearms classification (Rule 6) for details

8.4.1 Rifle shall be .30 caliber or larger making a minimum 320 power factor.

8.4.2 Shotguns cannot use reduced recoil slugs, minimum 500 power factor.

8.4.3 Pistols shall be .44 or larger or make minimum 175 power factor. (Single stack guns and revolvers are encouraged.)

8.5 Heavy Tactical Class - See firearms classification (Rule 6) for details

8.5.1 Rifle shall be .30 caliber or larger making a minimum 320 power factor.

8.5.2 Competitor will shoot a Tactical Handgun (Rule 6.2), Tactical Shotgun (Rule 6.6).

8.5.3 Competitor will shoot the same handgun and shotgun as listed above in (8.5.2), but with a scoped rifle, (see Rule 6.4).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like something was missing. Here are the rules for Heavy Metal 2008

6.7 Heavy Metal Class

6.7.1 Rifle Rules

6.7.1.1 Iron Rifles must comply with Tactical Iron Rifle Rules.

6.7.1.2 Rifles will be .308 Winchester (7.62 x 51 NATO) or larger caliber.

6.7.1.3 No magazine shall exceed a 20 round capacity.

6.7.2 Shotgun Rules:

6.7.2.1 Auto shotguns are NOT allowed in the HEAVY METAL CLASS all other requirements for shotgun must comply with Tactical Shotgun Rules.

6.7.3 Pistol Rules: No more than 10 rounds allowed in any magazine at any time.

P.S. Jobob, watch your muzzle cuz I got my eye on you........ mister!

Thank you very much.

See you in July

Patrick

Looks like something was missing. Here are the rules for Heavy Metal 2008

6.7 Heavy Metal Class

6.7.1 Rifle Rules

6.7.1.1 Iron Rifles must comply with Tactical Iron Rifle Rules.

6.7.1.2 Rifles will be .308 Winchester (7.62 x 51 NATO) or larger caliber.

6.7.1.3 No magazine shall exceed a 20 round capacity.

6.7.2 Shotgun Rules:

6.7.2.1 Auto shotguns are NOT allowed in the HEAVY METAL CLASS all other requirements for shotgun must comply with Tactical Shotgun Rules.

6.7.3 Pistol Rules: No more than 10 rounds allowed in any magazine at any time.

P.S. Jobob, watch your muzzle cuz I got my eye on you........ mister!

You watch me all you want. Maybe you'll learn how to shoot! Ha!! Or NOT! :roflol:

You better not hope I do anything stupid and get dq'd, cause I'll have to stick around and help RO, and then you'll really be stuck with me! :wacko:

7.2 Handgun holsters and equipment - Tactical Class

7.2.1 Any holster, which will safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement, is allowed.

7.2.2 The holster material must completely cover the trigger on all semiautomatic pistols. Revolver holsters must completely cover the trigger and the cylinder.

7.2.3 The belt upon which the holster and magazine/speed loader pouches are attached must be worn at waist level.

Last year I used my duty gear. I'm assuming I can this year as well, being a safariland Drop Holster. It is attached to the belt. But the actual holster is dropped as you all know. So, I'm still good right?

7.2 Handgun holsters and equipment - Tactical Class

7.2.1 Any holster, which will safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement, is allowed.

7.2.2 The holster material must completely cover the trigger on all semiautomatic pistols. Revolver holsters must completely cover the trigger and the cylinder.

7.2.3 The belt upon which the holster and magazine/speed loader pouches are attached must be worn at waist level.

Last year I used my duty gear. I'm assuming I can this year as well, being a safariland Drop Holster. It is attached to the belt. But the actual holster is dropped as you all know. So, I'm still good right?

That will be fine

Ok gang if you have not been receiving the e-mail updates then we may not have your e-mail correct. Make sure you alert us with an IM or better yet send an e-mail to rawlmw@wvi.com and we will get out the information to you.

We didn't realize until a few days ago that the rules had not been posted to the R&R website. We apologize for the confusion.

July 3rd will be the last day we will except applications and we have had a few calls from people wanting to shoot.....get your ap and match fee in ASAP.

Squads are being put together so if you have a special request please IM them to me or e-mail to chsal@comcast.net. If you wrote them down on your application you do not need to e-mail me.

I have received a few e-mails regarding the shooting schedule for competitors. Here is what I know.

Friday July 11th check-in at the range 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm

Saturday July 12th shooters meeting 7:30 am shooting begins at 8:00 am

Sunday July 13th shooters meeting 7:45 am shooting begins at 8:00 am

**If you can’t make registration on Friday, you can pick up your packet between 6:45 am – 7:30 am on Saturday.

I hope this helps

I got my buddy to come to this match. He will be running an EoTech with a 3x Flip to Side Mount. He will be good to go in Tactical Optic class correct? From what I understand as long as the 3x is still attached to the rifle your good to go. What I mean is he won't be bumped to open class. This can only be used in conjunction with each other and not separately. So it is still considered 1 Optic correct?

Edited by HPD SRT

I got my buddy to come to this match. He will be running an EoTech with a 3x Flip to Side Mount. He will be good to go in Tactical Optic class correct? From what I understand as long as the 3x is still attached to the rifle your good to go. What I mean is he won't be bumped to open class. This can only be used in conjunction with each other and not separately. So it is still considered 1 Optic correct?

I hope so because another friend of mine is doing the same.

on the diagram, "knock knock" sez pistol/shotgun, but sez retrieve rifle...so which 2 guns? also, what stage has the slugs?

Are the stages posted some where?

Thanks

John

http://www.randrracingonline.com/public_ht...lti-Gun%20Match

The stages are posted on the RandRracingonline.com website. "Knock Knock" is a rifle/shotgun stage.

Wow! What great Match! Thanks guys for a great fun match. Thanks to all the sponsors that supported this match. I got my butt kicked but that doesn't matter cause it was awesome weather and Awesome Shooting! Thanks to all the RO's that helped set up and run the match. One question, will the results be posted or e-mailed anytime soon?

Thanks again!

Wow! What great Match! Thanks guys for a great fun match. Thanks to all the sponsors that supported this match. I got my butt kicked but that doesn't matter cause it was awesome weather and Awesome Shooting! Thanks to all the RO's that helped set up and run the match. One question, will the results be posted or e-mailed anytime soon?

Thanks again!

It was a tough match. At first I thought I was just doing really really bad but then noticed that everyone was having a tough time with this little thing or that little thing. It really showed weaknesses which I thought was a good thing. Thanks to the R&R and all thier folks and all the RO's for making this happen. Also waiting on scores although I really don't want to know.

One of the best matches I have shot in the past couple of years. Tough match yep and that is what made it more fun to shoot. Lots of rounds from each firearm which really balanced out the overall match. Great match, Great staff and great prize table. I am already good to go next year!!

BTW I ROed this match and was really impressed how all the shooters worked really hard to reset the stages. Thanks it made our jobs much easier!!

Thanks Brian

3gungal post those stats will ya!!

B

One of the best matches I have shot in the past couple of years. Tough match yep and that is what made it more fun to shoot. Lots of rounds from each firearm which really balanced out the overall match. Great match, Great staff and great prize table. I am already good to go next year!!

BTW I ROed this match and was really impressed how all the shooters worked really hard to reset the stages. Thanks it made our jobs much easier!!

Thanks Brian

3gungal post those stats will ya!!

B

B I am working on it! RJ has all the info and will post them soon......

was definitely an accuracy style of match, and given the scoring method, it was tough. lots of head shots, and i lost count of those 5" plates we shot with a shotgun. i do remember the stage i worked had 29 of them just for birdshot! and the multi-bay stage with the texas star was a hoot.

i will say this-i love those plate racks for long distance rifle...i don't even want to shoot a flasher or larue again! r & r have a winner with those targets. i was amazed i could reset 320 yard plates without pulling a cord 30'...that cord is the sh%t!