• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chuck should design a Shooters Connection backpack....... :rolleyes:

DaG

Can't he get CED to make him one? If they're already making his range bag I'd think it'd be an easy deal to arrange for another product. Since CED is the only company who makes one, I guess the idea hasn't really caught on.

I kind of like the idea. It would be a good carry-on bag and would make for a nice way to haul gear from one end of PASA Park to the other

Maybe I'll get a CED pack and augment my current range bag rather than replace it.

I have many friends with the Green Mountain bags. They have a couple really nice features. They have a tool rack built into the top that allows you to carry all the little stuff, like allen keys, screw drivers, mag brushes and the like all easily accessible.

Jim

I like how the lid of the Green Mountain bag is a flap that covers the top of the bag. I'd think this would help keep dirt, leaves, sticks, etc. from blowing or falling into the bag.

My current bag is the usual double zippers and the central strip that' about 4" wide. Seems like there's always some FOD in my bag and I think the flap would help.

This one by 5.11 will put you in between the CED and Tournament Series bag in price, and is a couple inches bigger than the Tournament Series bag. I bought the Tournament bag a couple of years ago and love it. Well worth they expense. BTW- I think Chuck has a sale on them?!

http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tarabag.html

That 511 bag will not take any weight, if you tend to use the shoulder strap. The tabs don't go all the way around the bag.

I have one, and really like it, but one tab is starting to pull. A friend dropped the bag, from his shoulder, when the tab pulled out.

If you don't carry any weight, it's a very well laid out bag.

As I said I do like it but a call to Chuck at Shooters Connection will solve my weight carrying problems. FWFW some of the clolours are $10 off ($129 instead of $139).

If you're looking for quality that will provide the highest return-on-investment, get one of Chuck's bags. It's not the least expensive, but I believe it to be the best value you can get.

It does cost more than some other alternatives, but 5 years from now you'll be hard pressed to remember what you paid for it. Buy something of lesser quality that lets you down and 10 years from now you'll still be remembering to the penny what you paid for it.

OK, rumors dispelled here. The SC bag is not the CED bag, but both bags are made in China and brokered by the same agent. Chuck's bag is made to Chuck's specs. He gets a sample for every lot, looks it over, cuts it up, checks the materials, and makes sure he is able to deliver the same product year after year.

Nobody tries to buy American more that Chuck, but folks, please, check your television, other electronics, razor, automobile, etc. and see where the parts content comes from. The best quality and best price often come from outside the US. Chuck could make the bag in the US, but none of you would want to pay $300 for it, and would purchase the cheaper, foreign made bags anyway.

Bottom line is, my bag I have used for 6 years has been through hell, looks as good as new, and is still the best bag available. There are no bad reviews of the bag. The biggest complaint is that it is too big. Most of those shooters mature and fill it up eventually.

Ok here we go, Tok.

Here's some side-by-side pix of the Shooters Connection and the CED. I believe that in the third one, with the bags standing on their sides, is where you can really appreciate the size difference:

post-2776-1197670515.jpg post-2776-1197670523.jpg post-2776-1197670534.jpg

The SC bag features an inner bag with two padded pistol pouches. The big compartment has the 8 magpouches and the elastic tool/gadget strap. On the other side there are two half size pouches, in one end a water bottle pocket and next to it a padded eyes/ears zippered pouch. On the other end there's a side full size padded zippered pouch. The shoulder strap is the best.

post-2776-1197670608.jpgpost-2776-1197670616.jpg

The CED has 7 magpouches and an elastic tool/gadget strap as well. It comes with one pistol pouch and a brass bag. Bummer is that the zippered pistol pouch doesn't fit in the outside sippered compartment, opposite of the one for th emags. Plus is the zipper is lockable.

post-2776-1197670749.jpgpost-2776-1197670760.jpg

Here's a side by side of the Shooters Connection and the Midway knock-off. The Midway to compensate for the inferior material quality includes two pistol pouches:

post-2776-1197670857.jpg

Hope this helps,

B)

Great pics Nemo. But man I don't think my range bag has been that clean since the day I got it. Mine is full of la tierra de AZ.

The CED is Francisco's bag and the SC and Midway's are just too big for local match use FOR MY TASTE. I've had the SC for 2 years and it hasn't seen a match yet. The Midway went to Nationals this year and I had to hose it down when it got back to FL.

This is my bag; my trusty antique by Buchanan Bag Works.

post-2776-1197676645.jpg

Bought it used from YSued during the 1999 FIPT.

:huh: Still looks clean... :( Guess I gotta get out to shoot more. :(

I've never owned a Bagmaster bag but I've heard that their stitching isn't very durable.

I know you've already ordered 2 new bags Tokarev but I have 2 Bagmasters at home that are both ripped at the seams. This isn't a huge knock on Bagmaster becasue their warranty is great on their bags but now I have to send both bags back because the tears in the seams are not small. I can also say that if it weren't for the seams continually tearing on BOTH bags then I would continue using a Bagmaster since I really like the layout. You know how much use I've put the bags through (a lot). I doubt I'll buy another Bagmaster unless I ever become a casual shooter. I'm sure other opinions vary.

Get yourself a CED back pack range bag, I tried 3 or 4 different carry aloong bags, and the back pack is by far the way to go.

I like the idea of a range backpack and I'm surprised they aren't more popular. As far as I can find, CED is the only company making a dedicated range pack. I'm sure any decent 3-day assault pack or whatever would work...

How do you like the overall layout? Is the central compartment just a big open area or are there any pouches, dividers, etc inside? Does the CED bag have any sort of compartment for a water bladder?

Thanks!

Anybody got any experience with both bags? Where are the two bags made? I assume the CED bag is imported and the SC bag is US?

Thanks!

I have used most of them, and all I can say is: "SHOOTERS CONNECTION". I always have 3 guns, at least 25 mags, no less than 600 rounds of ammo, spare parts, tools, timers, spare barrels, glasses, ears, and other crap in mine, and have carried it for 4 years without any problems. I also think the storage layout is the best I have used.

Larry

My plan at this point is to use a backpack in concert with a conventional range bag rather than replace one with the other.

The range bag will hold all the stuff I need for practice but don't need at matches such as a timer, target tape, staple gun, etc. The big bag will spend most of its life in the car while the backpack will be what I use going from stage to stage.

After lugging my range bag (and a gallon of water, a lawn chair, etc.) up and down the hills in Quincy, I figure there's got to be a better way! Maybe I should carry less shizznit?

Happy Holidays!

I switched to using the Blackhawk Hydrastorm stuff a couple years ago. I've been using the Cyclone for most matches for about 3 years now and it has worked great. It even floats if loaded light enough (fell off the boat in the Galapagos Islands with my wallet, passport, money etc. The skipper was nice enough to turn around and pluck it out of the ocean.) The large central compartment is "okay" if used with some of the Dillon plastic boxes to stay organized. I'm looking forward to trying the new Stingray bag. I use the one of the bigger packs for three gun stuff and it easy enough to switch between.

My SC bag has some stitches that let go.....but I should be able to get it repair locally....I did really abuses that bag for the last 3-4 years.....so I order a CED Big....to replace in the mid time and as a spare bag.....

in the CED my 140 with dawson base pad for the Open division don't fit in the mag pouches they were stitch to high and my 170 well they are well above the pocket...except for that its a nice overall bag.....but I wasn't going to let my mag loose in the bag, not at the price mag are. The photo's were forwarded to CED via the dealer were I bought the Bag but I never heard back from CED.

So I order a CR Bag.....the mag fit in that one and that bag is very very well made, price a little high but very high quality, I do like the lay out and it include a small inner bag similar to the SC.

I have the 5.11 range bag that looks like a copy of a more popular bag. I have seen posts that said the bag ripped or broke. I have had no problems, even after numerous times carrying 600-800rds with my regular gear in it, as well as mags, bottles of water, food, etc...

I only found the metal loops should be stronger, I bent one but used a vise to clamp it back into shape.

I think I have been using it for 2+ years.

the next bag i purchase will be a CED. Don't get me wrong I love my shooters connection bag, but sometimes i find it a bit on the large side.

just so u know, The mag pouch on the CED bag wont zip close with a 140 or 170 mag with a + 1 xtension on it.

I had to put a seperate mag sleeve there to hold all my mags.

just so u know, The mag pouch on the CED bag wont zip close with a 140 or 170 mag with a + 1 xtension on it.

I had to put a seperate mag sleeve there to hold all my mags.

Yap I discover that after the purchase.....I might look into getting modified locally, on the other hand it fit our production or standard mags so I might just leave it alone.......I was rather disapointing since it was not advertise as being useless for Open or Limited division :(;)