Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rat of an Open gun

HSMITH

I stippled and painted a grip MONTHS ago for my Open gun, but haven't taken the time to put it on. The gun has had nothing but mean things done to it since it was built, mean EVIL things LOL. I finally took the time last week to make a cut or two more on the slide that I had intended to put in it a year ago and never got to it, and while it was apart I put the new-used grip on it. This is the grip the gun was built with, but it hasn't been on the gun since early spring when I took it off to durability test some new paints. Enough babble, the picture......

post-7366-1196736015.jpg

Thanks guys.

Jax, I am using a silicone based epoxy paint, and it is very durable so far. No clear coat, the paint is far more flexible than the grip so it seems to compress and move rather than wear off. Downside is cure time is 2 WEEKS. Upside is that it won't kill you if you breathe it, costs a tick under $40 per quart, isn't hurt by any chemicals I have found to put on it and covers well. The most curious property of the paint so far is that it gets really sticky feeling when wet, shooting in the rain is a breeze with it.