Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NFL Network

rishii

I'm a life long packers fan, the wife's a local girl that grew up in Texas, die hard Cowboys fan

the game we waited for all season we couldn't watch because we can't get the bloody damn NFL Network

I remember the good old days when, you could watch the games for free on tv, and it wasn't all about the all mighty dollar

I remember the good old days when, you could watch the games for free on tv, and it wasn't all about the all mighty dollar

Well.......they gotta pay all of the players big $$$ to play a game so they can make a living :angry2:

I agree that all the games should be on the broadcast networks. I grew up in the Dallas Cowboys' market area for lack of a better term during the good ol' days. Back then if the stadium wasn't sold out the game would be blacked out. It was the same all across the league. However, you could still listen to the game on the Dallas Cowboys Radio Network or Westwood I. So, last night I went old school and listened to the game on radio... sort of... It was the Dallas Cowboys Radio Network on a station over streaming audio online. It was fun. One, because the Boys are now 11-1 and two, because I didn't have to take my eyes off of the reloading bench.

How about them Cowboys!!! :cheers:

Well.......they gotta pay all of the players big $$$ to play a game so they can make a living :angry2:

They don't HAVE to pay them that much. I get so sick and tired of A$$holes making 10M a year and then they say next year they wont play for less than 12. All the owners (which won't happen) would have to do is say, fine take that "degree" you got handed to you in college and take your ass downtown and find a job for 10M. My money would be on them playing for 10M.

I love NFL football, but pro sports in general is full of over-paid asshats who - if they weren't playing sports and making millions, would be digging ditches or committing crimes.

I will watch on free TV, but won't pay to go to or watch any of it. I'll keep my hard earned money - thanks.

The one exception is that I will pay to watch MMA. Most of those guys fight for peanuts and even the big names don't make that much compared to the NFL, MLB and NBA.

I got home from the office at 8:10, flip on the tube and can't find the game listed anywhere! I even stepped through all the channels hoping maybe the "guide" hadn't been updated and it was playing instead of "Wanking With The Network Stars", or whatever it was called. No luck.

In desperation I pulled up the full channel listing for my DirecTV service, and discovered they had added the NFL Network. I wish like hell I had known. I missed most of the first quarter.

P.S. -- Kudos to backup Packers QB Rogers. Coming off the bench he played a helluva game.

From what I've read it seems like the hate should be directed @ the cable TV companies. The NFL wants the NFL network treated the same as ESPN (not part of premium pkg) where as the cable companies want to put the NFL network on their prem. sports pkg, this greatly increases the value for them because more people would then subscribe to it.

I'm glad I just watch college football.

The spoiled millionaires grew tiresome, so I avoid any of the overpaid sports. Of course it's easy to ignore when my choice as a fan would be between the Falcons or the Panthers. On a windy day the stink from the Panthers makes it all the way to Greenville :sick: If it mixes with the Gamecock stink, then we all have to stay indoors (Suber will hate me for that).

I agree it sucks about the NFL Channel. Why does it exist anyway? They weren't getting enough money?

I love NFL football, but pro sports in general is full of over-paid asshats who - if they weren't playing sports and making millions, would be digging ditches or committing crimes.

Cheer-up. Instead the players could be corporate CEO's and paid millions just to *leave*, after committing crimes, and running the company into the ground.

Personally, I hate that the NFL ever decided to create their "own network," and move games from the networks and "regular" cable channels like ESPN or TNT....

I went through the same gyrations hoping to see one of the best match ups

of the sesaon. I was fuming because my cable provider does not offer the NFL

network. After doing some research I redirected my anger towards the NFL

network. It seems the network is trying to extort $.70 per viewer per game

for the privelage of watching the games. The three largest cable providers have

refused to carry the network.

I am not sure the players see a dime of the revenue generated by sales of the

broadcast.

I heard the broadcast was for shit.

The picture was the best I have ever seen on a regular (non-hi def) game. The commentary on the other hand... Bryant Gumbal is all I will say.

+1 on the picture. And Yeah, it's amazing how anyone could make Chris Collinsworth sound intelligent, but BG managed to do exactly that.

*Something finally clicked for me about halfway through the 2nd quarter. Something just didn't look right, and then I noticed all the refs were wearing long pants. Doesn't sound so odd on the surface, but I have never seen an officiating crew do that in almost 50 years. Trying to be different for the NFL Network, I guess.

I heard the broadcast was for shit.

The picture was the best I have ever seen on a regular (non-hi def) game. The commentary on the other hand... Bryant Gumbal is all I will say.

The picture was great and we did away with Brian in favor of radio! ;)