Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Pull

Theo Carter

too light a trigger is prone to AD?

Can be for some folks. Especially those who get on it early and tend to prep. Yeah, I know the answer is to keep your finger off the trigger, blah, blah....

I slap the trigger as much as the next guy, but I want to get a feel for the trigger when I prep it on tougher shots. Anything less than 2.5lbs doesn't do anything for me.

Same here Matt. Close up hosing I tend to whack the snot out of the trigger but if I need to place a shot I prep in pretty firmly and need enough weight to feel it prep so I can break the shot the instant I see the shot is there. Heavy triggers also help force me to place more shots than I might with a very light trigger, I can't get away with as much and tend to shoot the sights/dot more and as a result I shoot more points in a very similar amount of time.

Light is good. Come to the light. :bow:

LOL !!! Come to the light? I thought Open was referred to as the "dark" side ??

But, yeah ... light is good. My own breaks just under 3/4 lbs. and haven't had an AD yet with it. I do have to watch it though with some "trigger finger freeze" (due to some pesky "tunnel carpal"), but since I do both "riding" and "slapping" it suits me just fine. I am also of the belief that a "sub 1 lb." trigger is not for every one, and will require getting used to. IMHO.

Light is good. Come to the light. :bow:

LOL !!! Come to the light? I thought Open was referred to as the "dark" side ??

But, yeah ... light is good. My own breaks just under 3/4 lbs. and haven't had an AD yet with it. I do have to watch it though with some "trigger finger freeze" (due to some pesky "tunnel carpal"), but since I do both "riding" and "slapping" it suits me just fine. I am also of the belief that a "sub 1 lb." trigger is not for every one, and will require getting used to. IMHO.

UNDER 3/4 LBS.....YIKES..... Wow that seems to me to be really light. When I got my down to 2 lbs I thought that was touchy. And just how does one get a reliable 3/4 lbs. trigger?

Years ago when several of the top trap shooters developed a flinch and did not want to resort to a release trigger, they found that a trigger in the 5-6 lb range vs thier normal 2-3 lb trigger eliminated the flinch. Just info for what it is worth.

I too lusted after the elusive (that's another story) sub 1 1/2 lb trigger. What a waste of time (and money) that was. I played with a 2 1/2 lb in an IDPA pistol and I couldn't believe (and didn't really act on it for a year) how my trigger manipulation and shooting improved in USPSA. I could now slap the crap out of the trigger on close arrays with little or no trigger freeze and prep the trigger for those tight targets or long steel shots. Now I've settled at 2 1/4. Like HSMITH I found a big bonus in prepping the trigger properly when necessary.

I got 5.2lbs. on the Glock and had about 10lbs. on the revolver.

Anything lighter than 3.5lbs. feel a little tricky to me.

Since the world champ is shooting a 3lbs trigger in Open, I don't see any reason (for me) to go any lighter.

• 2 weeks later...

1.75lbs in my open pistol. I can't see me going any lighter, as this one is perfect for me. I like the positive trigger reset and the ability to prep the trigger. My open gun preps much better than my limited pistol.

I can't imagine having a trigger pull under a pound.

That trigger pull set up can't last very long, can it?

Rumor had it (and we all know how rumors are..) some of the TOP dogs have trigger pulls in the 1 lb range and they only last a few matches. Is that true?

Rumor had it (and we all know how rumors are..) some of the TOP dogs have trigger pulls in the 1 lb range and they only last a few matches. Is that true?

:blink:

I don't know about that, but I hear squeezing lemon juice on top of your slide before you shoot does wonders.

:surprise:

:blink:

I don't know about that, but I hear squeezing lemon juice on top of your slide before you shoot does wonders.

:surprise:

L.M.A.O. !!!!!! ???? :surprise:<_<<_<

How 'bout Key Lime juice. They are smaller, you need to squeeze them harder, and they are much more "tarter" ??? But then again I hear that too much Key Lime juice can lead to Key West limp wrist/grip. :blink: