Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCF raceframe?

ormondopen

I was shooting a local club match yesterday and my slide would not cycle, after removing the slide I notice the locking block looked a little odd. once I looked a little closer I noticed it was broken into 3 pieces, the 2 sides and the middle piece.

Has anyone see this before in a CCF or a standard glock frame? I plan on calling Larry tomorrow but I thought I would throw it out here to see if this has happened to anyone before.

Luckily I had my stock frame so I was able to keep playing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was shooting a local club match yesterday and my slide would not cycle, after removing the slide I notice the locking block looked a little odd. once I looked a little closer I noticed it was broken into 3 pieces, the 2 sides and the middle piece.

Has anyone see this before in a CCF or a standard glock frame? I plan on calling Larry tomorrow but I thought I would throw it out here to see if this has happened to anyone before.

Luckily I had my stock frame so I was able to keep playing.

Broke 2 Glock 24 40-cal barrels in using my CCF frame. First time, I thought it was a defect. Stormlake replaced the barrel and the locking lug broke off clean after firing 7 rounds on the second barrel using the CCF frame. I was then told that you MUST fit all aftermarket barrels to CCF frames. The frame works fine with stock barrels.....I am currently using my CCF frame with a G35 with the stock barrel (IPSC limited gun). I also used this CCF frame with a G22 Open slide (5-port hybrid barrel) without needing any barrel fitting.......however, the slide cracked just recently across the recoil spring hole. This is a weak point in the slide when it is cut for a hybrid barrel. I suspect this crack is due to the added stress of running it on the CCF frame, but I could not fully verify that suspicion.

• 3 weeks later...
What do the guys at CCF say about this?

had to send it in, because I used a drop-in barrel it probably won't be covered and I will have to pay for the repair. eventhough a drop-in is supposed to be the same tolerances as a factory Larry at CCF says all aftermarket barrels have to be fitted to their frame. bummer. :angry2:

also the locking block was supposed to be epoxied in mine came out after about 200 rounds and at that point I was still using my factory barrel. Larry said it was not an issue but I wonder if that had something to do with the breakage.

other than the block issue I have been reasonably happy with the frame.

I heard he is offering a deal until the end of the year, around 320.00. I paid 370.00

Now have almost 10,000 rounds through mine. No problems. I have stock top ends in 357 SIG, 40, and 9mm that I use on the stainless steel frame. I have about 300 rounds on the aluminum frame also with no problems. I use stock guide rods, springs, etc. as I find that screwing around with that stuff is practically useless. I don't use the recommended shok buffs because the stock guide rods and springs do the job. I clean the gun about every 2,000 rounds whether it needs it or not.

OrmondOpen, call CCF and I am sure Larry will send you a new locking block. Just make sure you make your barrels match up to stock specs and all should be well.

Best regards,

Jim Taylor

Glen Allen VA

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that my locking block has not been epoxied since my buddy Don Paolo removed it when he polished my trigger parts very early in the program. Doesn't make any difference whatsoever. They glued them in to hold them for machining.

Singlestack, I can tell you it is a great product right now. I didn't really like the bite on the front strap but a little filing took care of that. The aluminum frame isn't as grippy due the fact that aluminum solidifies quicker in the mold and thus does not take the full profile. I first put skateboard tape on the grip but have taken all that off and shoot it plain. Keep it simple and it works. When you start shooting one, you'll see what I mean.

Best regards,

Jim Taylor

ill buy one when they make a frame for aftermarket barrels, most glock shooter especially 40cal shooters have already replaced the stock barrel for 2 reasons:

-more case support

-shoot lead

if you're a 9mm shooter i dont see a reason why you need a heavyweight SS frame...9mm can be shot by "little girls" hehehe just kidding guys. so IMO and only IMO.... a heavyweight SS frame is only needed in hard recoiling calibers i.e. 40cal and above and most glock shooters who shoot 40cal and above have already replaced their stock glock barrels bcos it is a fact that stock glock barrels 40cal and above are lacking in case support as exposed by "clark" of THR forum et al. so it doesnt make sense to me why they made the SS frame for stock barrels only.

thank you....this is IMO only.

Clark?

Is he the guy that was seeing what it took to blow various guns up? I think he posted here for a bit.

Do you have a link to the THR forum and some of his threads?

Here you go Flex.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81858

Read the post by Clark! He used a Glock 19 with a 48lb recoil spring.

This is the HS6 test for max powder. First is the max book load. Then his kaboom loads.

2) Hodgdon max: 115 gr, 1.125", 7 gr HS-6, 1234 fps

P11 test: 115 gr, 1.168", 10.8 pierce RP primer, 11.2 gr pierce WSPM, 11.5 bulged case ~ 2027fps

• 3 weeks later...
ill buy one when they make a frame for aftermarket barrels, most glock shooter especially 40cal shooters have already replaced the stock barrel for 2 reasons:

-more case support

-shoot lead

if you're a 9mm shooter i dont see a reason why you need a heavyweight SS frame...9mm can be shot by "little girls" hehehe just kidding guys. so IMO and only IMO.... a heavyweight SS frame is only needed in hard recoiling calibers i.e. 40cal and above and most glock shooters who shoot 40cal and above have already replaced their stock glock barrels bcos it is a fact that stock glock barrels 40cal and above are lacking in case support as exposed by "clark" of THR forum et al. so it doesnt make sense to me why they made the SS frame for stock barrels only.

thank you....this is IMO only.

Its not just for stock barrels. Were talking about a "race"frame, not a oem-type frame.

Gunsmith fit barrels as well as those made as drop it are fine for the ccr frame, provided you get it fitted.

If you are looking for a heavier stock, gun, Id epoxy some lead up in the backstrap and call it a day.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just broke my locking block in my CCF frame :angry: With stock slide and barrel.

It also mushroomed the side of my barrel lug, Im not sure if I can save the barrel of not.

IM having problems getting the bottom pin out of my locking block, has anybody pushed theirs out yet, how much force dose it take?

Well I just broke my locking block in my CCF frame :angry: With stock slide and barrel.

It also mushroomed the side of my barrel lug, Im not sure if I can save the barrel of not.

IM having problems getting the bottom pin out of my locking block, has anybody pushed theirs out yet, how much force dose it take?

ALOT of force the first few times, after that it comes out a little easier but not like a stock frame. I hope CCF covers your repair.

I have to pay for mine.