Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock top-end chrome for production?

glockstan

Can I chrome my completed upper slide and still shooting for production division????

Am I qualified for production division with my pistol spec as following:

1. Completed upper slide chrome

2. KKM barrel

3. OEM Glock slide stop

4. OEM extended magazine release

5. 3.5 Trigger kits installed

6. Tungten capture guide rod

7. Hi-Cap with Arredondo base pads

8. DP front sight optic and Heine rear sight

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR INPUT

Can I chrome my completed upper slide and still shooting for production division????

1. Completed upper slide chrome As long as it's a Glock factory upper Yes I think this would be ok

2. KKM barrel YES

3. OEM Glock slide stop YES

4. OEM extended magazine release YES

5. 3.5 Trigger kits installed YES

6. Tungten capture guide rod YES

7. Hi-Cap with Arredondo base pads No Ext. pads of any kind are allowed in Prod.

8. DP front sight optic and Heine rear sight YES

1. Completed upper slide chrome As long as it's a Glock factory upper Yes I think this would be ok

2. KKM barrel YES

3. OEM Glock slide stop YES

4. OEM extended magazine release YES

5. 3.5 Trigger kits installed YES

6. Tungten capture guide rod YES

7. Hi-Cap with Arredondo base pads No Ext. pads of any kind are allowed in Prod.

8. DP front sight optic and Heine rear sight YES

Thank you very much, Chris

Any other suggestions will appreciated, thanks

Why chrome a Glock slide? The finish is already tough as hell as is, and it won't do anything to advance your shooting. Almost all the other mods I can understand. They have potential benfits for your shooting. I don't think a KKM barrel is necessary, especially in production. If you are shooting 40 S&W it does make your brass last a lot longer, and if going to lead then it's understandable. The mag extensions are not legal for production as previously stated. I would take the money for chroming the slide and put towards ammo and good instruction from a pro. Bigger bang for your buck.

...Am I qualified for production division with my pistol spec as following:

1. Completed upper slide chrome [/size][/b]As long as it's a Glock factory upper Yes I think this would be ok

In response to my query, J. Amidon emailed me to say that aftermarket slides that have the same contour as the factory OEM slide (such as those from Lone Wolf and Caspian). will be legal for Production use in "08. That includes the foward cocking serrations on both and the lack of a milled out slot on top of the G34/35 slides on the Caspian:

Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 3:40 AM

To: jamidon1@Twcny.rr.com

Subject: Aftermarket slides in Production for 2008

Hello, John:

Concerning the new 2008 Production rules - Caspian Arms has aftermarket Glock 34/35 slides available, but without the OEM milled out cut on top of the slide. Lone Wolf is planning slides for the same models with the cut on top, but also with front cocking serrations not found on OEM Glocks. Both slides are in stainless steel.

Provided these slides do not make the whole gun 2 oz over the OEM weight, will they be legal? I guess this question depends on whether "contour" means the slide's silhouette or its surface features.

Thank you,

Kevin C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "John Amidon" <jamidon1@twcny.rr.com> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert

To: Kevin C

Subject: RE: Aftermarket slides in Production for 2008

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:29:41 -0400

Kevin,

Yes these would be legal under the 2008 language, contour means outline and shape, as long as the Caspian slide resembles the OEM without the milling in the top, it will be legal.

John Amidon

Director NROI

Edited by kevin c

Why chrome a Glock slide? The finish is already tough as hell as is...

That's exactly what I was thinking. Besides, they look so good just the way they are.

The only other mod I think is essential is to get some TruGrip tape and wrap the grip. My Glocks aren't complete until the grip is wrapped. Makes all the difference in the world to me.

-Cuz.

...Am I qualified for production division with my pistol spec as following:

1. Completed upper slide chrome [/size][/b]As long as it's a Glock factory upper Yes I think this would be ok

In response to my query, J. Amidon emailed me to say that aftermarket slides that have the same contour as the factory OEM slide (such as those from Lone Wolf and Caspian). will be legal for Production use in "08. That includes the foward cocking serrations on both and the lack of a milled out slot on top of the G34/35 slides on the Caspian:

Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 3:40 AM

To: jamidon1@Twcny.rr.com

Subject: Aftermarket slides in Production for 2008

Hello, John:

Concerning the new 2008 Production rules - Caspian Arms has aftermarket Glock 34/35 slides available, but without the OEM milled out cut on top of the slide. Lone Wolf is planning slides for the same models with the cut on top, but also with front cocking serrations not found on OEM Glocks. Both slides are in stainless steel.

Provided these slides do not make the whole gun 2 oz over the OEM weight, will they be legal? I guess this question depends on whether "contour" means the slide's silhouette or its surface features.

Thank you,

Kevin C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "John Amidon" <jamidon1@twcny.rr.com> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert

To: Kevin C

Subject: RE: Aftermarket slides in Production for 2008

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:29:41 -0400

Kevin,

Yes these would be legal under the 2008 language, contour means outline and shape, as long as the Caspian slide resembles the OEM without the milling in the top, it will be legal.

John Amidon

Director NROI

I tried to let this go...but I can't make sense of it.

Maybe I need to look at the new (2008) rules and see if they are different. Are they still going to not allow grip tape on the slide...but are going to allow after-market slides...with added front slide serrations ???

Maybe I need to look at the new (2008) rules and see if they are different. Are they still going to not allow grip tape on the slide...but are going to allow after-market slides...with added front slide serrations ???

The rules make no logical sense. Once an after-market slide is put on the pistol, it's no longer a "Production" gun. The "No griptape on the slide" rule was ridiculous. Yet tungsten guide rods can be added to increase muzzle weight. I still think Production division should be renamed to "Limited DA" division.

:blink:

+1

I was thinking how inane this makes the barrel change from a 40 to a 9MM look.. can I now swap the whole slide and be ok?

I shoot an olive drab G17 and G19 with a chrome slide in production division all the time. Doesn't make you any faster...you just look ultra-kewl...Anyway, it is not a problem as long as you stay within the weight restrictions and don't do any other illegal external mods according to the rulebook and JA. I gotta agree with SA Friday though. Putting the money towards practice ammo and training is the ticket if you are just getting going. I didn't start adding any "gingerbread" to my guns until I was in the sport a couple of years. Bling doesn't win matches...just ask B. Seevers (Oh!!!....gonna pay for that one when Uncle Bill hears about it!!!) :lol: .

Seriously, Bill, myself, and many others have tried to "pimp our guns" only to have it come back to bite us in the a$$ on match day. Had a "colored coating" put on my open gun once...looked real cool, but it was the stupidest thing I ever did (wasted $250 on the deal). It wouldn't run right to save its life. Had to strip it down and pay a smith to get it running properly again. Think about it before you do it. If you plan to shoot any IPSC matches, you might not want to do it either. Those rule sets can be a bit stickier on such things as well. Once you go chrome, you can't go home!!! YMMV. ;)

Good Luck,

Jeff

Edited by Barrettone

The rules make no logical sense. Once an after-market slide is put on the pistol, it's no longer a "Production" gun.

I agree with you.

Why chrome a Glock slide?

<_< I saw a 1980 something Chev Nova -Stock- same lame paint and all with :blink: 20" chrome wheels

Nice wheels and the high speed rated road meat. The car even had the stock oil leaking , valve pinging, wight smoke oil burning motor in it

Why not Chrome a Glock slide

:P sorry I just had to pouch a bit in the Glock forum ;)

Edited by AlamoShooter