Viper & Mongoose

Singlestack

thanks for the compliments.

Here's some specs.

Viper:

Built by Rusty kidd.

5" Caspian slide on STI frame.

38 Super

4 port hybricomp barrel that has a lot of lightening cuts and 2 ports thru the side.

Aftec extractor

Swenson ambi safeties

Brown grip safety

Custom stippled STI grip by J.L. Hardy

Exterme Engineering hammer, sear, and disconnector that breaks like glass @ 2lbs

SV Enos curve trigger

Dawson Ice magwell

3 port comp and I think its an EGW

EGW aluminum guide rod

Shoots flat, fast and badass

Mongoose:

Comander length STI slide built and fitted to STI frame by J.L. Hardy

38 Super

3 port hybricomp barrel with lightening cuts

SV Ti comp with 4 up and 2 side ports

Aftec extractor

I built the bottom

Custom ambi's

Brown grip safety

Extreme Engineering hammer, sear, and disconnector that breaks like glass @ 2lbs

No Name magwell (I really like how flat it is on the back)

SV trigger with Enos curve insert (can ya tell I really like the Enos curve trigger?)

Custom stippled STI grip by J.L. Hardy (he really does a nice job)

Shoots flatter, faster, and badasser and eats snakes :D

I discovered its very hard to take a pic of a blaster that does it justice!

Thanks Singlestack for taking those pics. Both a great looking blasters...but the Kidd one looks especially nice. I broke down and bought that Rusty Kidd Limited I was asking about in the Limited Forum

I'll post a pic also when I take one that can do it some justice.

Lighting is the key.

I bet I took 100 pics!

I was never able to get the machine work on the Mongoose's slide to show (or the side comp ports) as long as there was anything shiny in the pic. :(

The hard chrome Viper was pretty easy once I found a background color.

I have a Sony DSC-S50 digital cam and it only has 2.1 megepixles. It does good on outdoor snapshots but this project was tough with it. Hell, 2 yrs ago when I bought it, it was as high as the 5 megepixel machines are now. Don'tcha hate it when that happens?

I was using 640x480 format. Would they have turned out better if I had used a larger format and reduced it? Or does it not work like that? I was also trying to use the macro focus.

I'm really wishing now I had spent just a little more on my vid cam now. I didn't get A/V inputs and I would really like to try Nolan's head cam thingy.

My next purchase is going to be an A/V processor so I can edit digitally and record my vids on DVD. I just can't decide which one to buy. This is another area where technology is really going fast.

It wasn't so much the amount of light or the resolution... it's the use of SPECIAL lighting, intriguing environmental materials and/or props, and deliverance of a subtle, supporting message......... B)

Still, they're very nice pix and show the detail like mad.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Which gun shoots flatter? Or do you notice a difference. Was just wondering how those shorter Viper guns are compared to the others. Do you have different loads worked up for each gun. I have not tried any short guns, mine was a 4port with a 8 port SV comp, it shot great but I keep hitting the end on walls etc. used to limited gun. Thanks

• 3 months later...

Glad to see other Rusty officianados. I used to own Spanky1 (the first Viper) until Pat wanted it back. I was glad to as he's a great guy. My current Viper has about 20k on it and is still shooting under an inch at 50 yards (shot .50" at 50 new).

I have to go to the GA and visit Rusty to see the Mongoose and Pit Viper. Might need to get me another gun.

Rich