Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suicidal Deer

Calamity Jane

Driving home from work tonight a car in front of me hit a 6 point Buck. I pulled along side of her after the crash and asked if she was OK. She said, "Yes we are OK. I just feel sorry for the deer." SORRY FOR THE DEER???? Her SUV had a smashed head light and a bent up grill. My thought was...that deer just tried to kill you. Why must these deer be so suicidal??? Why are out to kill us?!!

My brother came down this week and set his deer stands. I'm going to hunt deer with him on Thanksgiving morning. I'm going to put my coverall's on, use my nephews 20 gage shot gun with a mounted scope, sit in a ladder stand at dawn, AND IF a deer comes walking by....I'm going to shoot it! (insert evil laugh) :devil: AND NO I won't feel sorry for the deer. These deer try to kill me every morning and evening on my way to and from work. I think one day a year to get even is fair.

They are out to get us. They are not suicidal. They are just like the bombers in Iraq and Israel. They are just trading their lives for ours. Luckily deer havn't yet learned how to make explosives. Everyone should hunt and bag their limit. Deny matyrdom to those four legged bastards!!!

:D

The reason your getting "attacked" by so many is that not enough people feel the need to do their part and thin the heards. In Ky, unless the laws have changed, we are allowed one atlered deer and several none atlered deer (maybe unlimited). The reason is we have to damn many. My future wife is a vet so if I do get a chance to go hunting the meat either gets donated to the deer for the needy or most of it turned into Jerky and my buddies getting the good stuff <_<

Cars kill more deer than people every year. Yet deer are scared of people and not cars. You would think they would figure it out. A very important lesson I learned the last one I hit: Any time a deer is not running directly away from you, it is confused. Stop.

It's pre-rut to rut depending on where you live. The deer are running everywhere. The does are in estrus (or close) and the bucks are horney (pun intended). That 6 point wasn't trying to kill the driver, he was trying to get laid. :P

...... My future wife is a vet so if I do get a chance to go hunting the meat either gets donated to the deer for the needy or most of it turned into Jerky and my buddies getting the good stuff <_<

Hey, we can we be buddies? :rolleyes: I looove a little venison jerky :cheers:

My poor 1983 Audi 100 ate a deer in 1989 in Munster, Germany. $3K later, I got the car back. Bad deer, Bad!

A few years ago a woman was driving to work on the VA side of the greater DC area and hit a deer on one of the big 8-10 lane roads. The deer went through the windshield and the driver was killed....how tragic. If I recall correctly, she was a teacher...it was big news there, but the idiots continue to feed the deer and do their best to stop hunting.

My brother works in a body shop in northern MN and had a new Chev 4x4 come in with the paper plate in the window, The guy was driving it home from the lot after buying it and creamed a deer. :angry2: so my brother and the fellas put a new front end on this new truck and the guy comes to pick it up and while driving it home from the body shop, you guessed it, nailed another one <_< . He said they are backed up until mid Dec with just road kill cars. Deer are stupid all over.

Kevin....your picture of the deer driving the car made me laugh REALLY hard :lol::lol: I tried to do a quote/reply but for some reason it won't let me do that this morning.

Thread drift....

I've never been hunting so this experience I'm planning with my brother is kind of special. OK I say I've never been hunting but that isn't quite true. When I was 9 years old my Dad took my brother and me squirrel hunting. My brother was 11 at the time. I think it was more of a Father/Son thing and I was along for the ride. I simply walked through the woods with my Dad and tried to be as quiet as possible. We killed 8 squirrel that day. Dad and my brother skinned the squirrel. I took the tails and nailed them to the side of my play house. My Mom fried the squirrel and we ate it. That's it. That's the extent of my hunting experience. OK well there was this other time when I took my STI limited gun and shot a rodent. My husband was FURIOUS with me. It was a diseased rodent doing harm to my horse!! It had to be done! I think his issue was my weapon choice. :surprise: Anyway, I've never really had an urge to hunt but it's something that I want my boys to be competent at. I want my brother to teach me first and then the boys will follow. ;)

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources or DNR :ph34r:(Some people up here say that DNR stands for Damn Near Russia)... anyway......... They say my home county has 1.25 - 1.5 deer for every man woman and child living in the county.

We are currently deep into the rut and the firearms season opens in 2 days. On any two lane road a person that drives over 40 mph is mearly a deer target. They are running across the roads like the video game Frogger.

I have 2 scrapes that are 6 feet in diameter in front of one of my ground blinds ( a little 4 X 8 structure complete with heat).... at less than 100 yards distance . . . .so I'm amped up... and will be up and about around 4 o'clock on Thursday.

My 30.06 700 is zeroed in and my freezer finally has some space from the 2 bucks and a doe I put in there last year.

Summer sausage, breakfast sausage, venison chili, venison spagetti, venison steaks, cajiun venison and rice, vension vegatable soup, vension stroganoff (with red wine sauce)............etc.....etc.

Do I love wildlife............You bet............ Especially with the right sauce. :cheers:

Maybe we should have a Bambi recipe thread after the season.

BTW===I am a transplanted Hoosier.. and know that the lady starting the thread has a ton of big deer in her neck of the woods.

Edited by MichiganShootist

The devious deer have struck again. This time my brother was the victim. He was once again placing deer stands and he sees a deer in the woods. He's driving his truck along the woods looking at this deer and he drives his truck into a sink hole!! If those dastardly deer aren't jumping OUT at us, they are distracting us to the point of wrecking our vehicles! Sheesh!