Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Single stack 45 in a match

Julien Boit

I just shot a match this week end with a good old .45ACP Colt.

What a blast ! This division in so much fun that it should be recognised everywhere !

We shoot 16 on the 24 stages from the European Championships at the same range, so fun ! ! !

I just love it !

Wish we would have the provisional 1911 division in Europe as well. There would be no doubt in my mind which divisions to shoot.

You know, Bjorn, I have already told you you should move to Italy ... next league (2008) at least 14 matches (mixed Lev. II & III) where SS division will be recognized ... ;)

Wish we would have the provisional 1911 division in Europe as well. There would be no doubt in my mind which divisions to shoot.

You know, Bjorn, I have already told you you should move to Italy ... next league (2008) at least 14 matches (mixed Lev. II & III) where SS division will be recognized ... ;)

Oh man.... you're not making it any easier for me.... :D:P

Is .45 ACP allowed in Italy?

Hi Chuck,

yes it is, since 3 or 4 years.

Until then, we were only allowed .45" HP, a copy of the .45" ACP cartridge whose brass was 1mm shorter. I still shoot a .45" HP Colt Stainless Steel Series 80.

Hi Chuck,

yes it is, since 3 or 4 years.

Until then, we were only allowed .45" HP, a copy of the .45" ACP cartridge whose brass was 1mm shorter. I still shoot a .45" HP Colt Stainless Steel Series 80.

That's great. SS if fun once you accept that everytime you are moving, you are reloading...

Perhaps I will go back to my old avatar (from Florence).

post-400-1194321060.jpg[

It's what I started with and it's what I'll end with.

A SS .45 is the essence of what we do.

And honestly, the 3 or 4 most rewarding matches I've ever shot are with single stack .45's. Oh, and yes that includes my best match ever. With my single most favorite blaster which (by definition) is a single stack .45.

j