Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is on my list of 2008 matches :)

Just gotta get off from work :o

barry

Barry, it was way cool having you on our squad (squad 20 just rocked)...

Looking forward to seeing you there, but something like you, I need to work around a rather pivotal anniversary - and I suspect Gruppenführers Chambers and Mastrich will probably expect me to, oh, I dunno, actually work or something :P

• 3 weeks later...

The match application should (fingers crossed) be in the next issue of Front Sight. We're doing things a bit different this year as far as squadding. Everyone will shoot two half day segments. The match application will list your options and you need to pick one when you sign up. There are a limited number of slots for each shooting period so the sooner you get your request in the more likely you'll get your first pick. The options are:

Fri AM/PM

Fri AM/Sat PM

Fri PM/Sat AM

Sat AM/Sun AM

and

Sat PM/Sun AM

Let me know if there are any questions and I'll try and get them resolved.

Gruppenführers Chambers and Mastrich will probably expect me to, oh, I dunno, actually work or something

Work? You? :P:P:lol:

I'll be there. Maybe we can find a keg of IPA that doesn't empty quite as fast as the one in Missoula did. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I think that 22 match is actually in April since we're moving a rifle match back a week to accomodate a bunch of us from Richmond.. I may just make it up to A1.. Sat am, Sun Am might just work good for me.. I can get in some hiking in the Sat pm..

Sounds like fun..

Match information and application is up and available at http://northwestsection.org/2008Area1Championship/ Note that the address is case sensitive if you are going to type it in. A special note as well. Techwear is our match sponsor and the t-shirts available for purchase with the match application will be Techwear. They are only $25.00 which is a great deal for this shirt. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll see what we can do.

This year we are doing things a bit differently from previous Area 1's. In addition to the change in the squadding, we will be doing an order of finish prize table. I anticipate that everyone will get something great off the table but this is something that we wanted to try. There will be raffles at the match as well and I'm sure we'll be giving at least a few guns away in addition to the prize table so everyone has a chance for something great.

Hey, Chuck, Zippy excels at RO'ing long field courses, and might run for valuable prizes... :devil:

Hey Floyd....guess what I'm doing! Yeah...I signed up! :rolleyes:

Well, OK, fine, so did I...

(Kevin, misery loves company it's said...) :cheers:

Hey Chuck,

Is that order of overall finish or order of finish within each division? Do I need to borrow an open gun or can I shoot a revolver and still make out like a bandit? Last year's table was awesome so thanks for all the work you put in on it.

Trevor

Hey Chuck,

Is that order of overall finish or order of finish within each division? Do I need to borrow an open gun or can I shoot a revolver and still make out like a bandit? Last year's table was awesome so thanks for all the work you put in on it.

Trevor

Stick to Single Stack and try to make it Back-to-Back wins. :cheers:

It will be similar to Nationals. Prize tables will be broken out by Division. Top X will walk followed by class and category winners followed by the remaining in order of finish. The initial top finish number has not been decided and will probably be based on participation. I'm not going to hose class winners with a top 16 in a division that only has 17 people show up.

So far everything is looking good for the prize table. We've got lots of companies and folks that are committed to the match and some of the prizes are already showing up at the house. It's gonna be another year of annoying the wife with boxes everywhere. For the folks that are thinking about shooting the match, sign up early. This match may fill up. We also only buy a few prizes for the table and only after we reach the break even point. The more shooters we have sooner means the more money that I can spend to fill up the table even more.