Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

can't get my barrel back

outerlimits

won't mention the name of the company, but i sent a perfect ar barrel in to be contoured, cut and refinished. item was delivered and check cashed. business won't return calls or emails, and hasn't returned the barrel or the cash upon request. not good, my bad for not doing more research, as i found others, later, in the same boat.

filed complaints with the BBB, county consumer affairs and dist atty office. meanwhile, no AR for upcoming 3 gun matches.

won't mention the name of the company, but i sent a perfect ar barrel in to be contoured, cut and refinished. item was delivered and check cashed. business won't return calls or emails, and hasn't returned the barrel or the cash upon request. not good, my bad for not doing more research, as i found others, later, in the same boat.

filed complaints with the BBB, county consumer affairs and dist atty office. meanwhile, no AR for upcoming 3 gun matches.

I'm sorry they can't be exposed here where it really counts... perhaps we can post something like this and anyone who wants to know gets a PM for posting. ;) Hint Hint. :)

Do quote the name so othere on here do not sucome to the same problems.

Have a good Attorney friend write up a nasty letter informing them you will be getting your stuff, plus any and all shipping and attorney fees for having to do so.

I hate you have to get down and dirty sometimes, good luck.

Hop

yep, counsel getting involved-i don't mess around. that barrel was the sh$tz too!

want to thank the 1/2 dozen BE friends i know that have already offered me uppers to use at the next match. you u guyz are great. but i'll probably just work the match...so count on my stage being a bit@h...

if anyone wants to know the company, pm me.

Take their current domain name, add "sucks" before the ".com", register it and get low cost web hosting to explain the issue. Soon enough, it will show up on google searches when people start looking for them.

I once had a company (not in the gun business) fail to return my calls for three weeks. I called the company and told the person who kept taking messages with no action "Tell you president this is what will happen on the internet tonite. He has one hour to have someone call me or my plan goes into action. Got that written down? Thanks. It's your move - my next action won't be another phone call to you, as this is your last chance to call me before I start building a website."

It took 20 minutes to get a call back, and 48 hours to get my problem that had been festering for weeks resolved.

Have a good Attorney friend write up a nasty letter informing them you will be getting your stuff, plus any and all shipping and attorney fees for having to do so.

I hate you have to get down and dirty sometimes, good luck.

Hop

Come on Hop. You're from Tennessee, I'm from West Virginia and we both know that ain't down and dirty.

Take your other AR and go knock on the sonofabitches front door.

Butch,

Sorry to hear about it and thanks for the info. I figured it was him. That guy is shady as hell and questionable at best in every conversation I've had with him. Funny how he prides himself on service and bashes other 'smiths/builders including JP and Benny.

Hope it works out and if there's anything that I can do, do not hesitate to ask.

Rich

Butch,

Sorry to hear about it and thanks for the info. I figured it was him. That guy is shady as hell and questionable at best in every conversation I've had with him. Funny how he prides himself on service and bashes other 'smiths/builders including JP and Benny.

Hope it works out and if there's anything that I can do, do not hesitate to ask.

Rich

Any smith that bashes other smiths ...has little character <_<

All the stuff Benny has done for me was returned VERY fast!!!!

Jim

BBB is useless, dist attorney has better things to do. I have had good luck with the state's attorney general office in the past in similar situations. I got ripped off by K-Mart on some tires and the AG fried their butts.

BBB is useless, dist attorney has better things to do. I have had good luck with the state's attorney general office in the past in similar situations. I got ripped off by K-Mart on some tires and the AG fried their butts.

I agree. The AG's office oversees consumer affairs - while the DA doesn't adrress those issues.

much to my surprise, the barrel showed up 2day. actually looks beautiful...gotta put it on the upper and check it out.

long story, and i didn't think i'd ever get it back, but i did. thanx to all that offered assistance, and those who offered guns/uppers to shoot the next 3gun...you guyz are great.

yea, gary-i'll go easy now...

24 rounds pistol & another 12 slugs...piece of cake...

did i mention the shotgun is empty at the start? oh yea, how 'bout those trousers around the ankles...shoot, i almost forgot about the welding goggles. then there's the 95 yard slug poppers.

u get the idea...