Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smith and Wesson M&P Magazine Pouches

Jadepanther

I have been looking for Mag pouch options for the Smith and Wesson M&P. Hear is what I have found.

If I do an advanced search on be.com forum for M&P or M&P* I get

Unfortunately your search didn't return any results.

Try broadening the search parameters by searching by different keywords or altering the format of your search.

Remember to use the wildcard '*' to increase the number of matches. Apple* will match 'apple' and 'apples'.

Uncle Mikes kydex Paddle Double Mag pouches: (works, affordable, not the best for ipsc/uspsa competition, not legal for IDPA due to not belt loop design)

Safariland 773: does NOT work no matter how you adjust it. If you take the screws and rollers out completley you can force them in, and there reaaaally hard to get them back out.

Blad-tech: http://www.blade-tech.com/Single-Magazine-...VED-pr-833.html

listed as being compatible with the M&P, but very expensive, listed at $39.95 a set of 5 of these would cost $199.75 before tax and shipping. <_<

CR Speed: Versa Pouch, listed at $39.95 each on the CRspeed website <_< and not sure if they would fit, there website says

All popular 9mm Box style Mags including

Beretta, Browning HP, CZ 75/85

Springfield XD etc.

anyone know for sure?

i-SHOT: http://www.mp-store.com/product_info.php?c...437e79b56ae3a3a

non adjustable, not sure about performance compared to blade-tech or cr speed $18.95 each

comp-tac: http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_in...5fca37e17a5f3af

$25.00 and IDPA legal

Edited by Jadepanther

I played with an M&P some this spring. As I recall, the mags were a bit loose in my Glock mag pouches. If I would have wanted to stay with it, I would have got some of the adhesive backed velcro strips and just used the fuzzy side on the insides of my glock kydex/plactic mag pouches to tighen up that space.

I didn't even need to do that, however. My first three mag pouches for my (Glock) Production rig are the Safariland single pouches. They are the ones with the slot in the front (I always forget if they are 771's or 773's...whichever have the front slot). I just adjusted these down and they worked for me on the M&P mags. (Mine are Glock model pouches)

Probably not ideal, but I wasn't going to have to buy new gear to make it work. If you have some Glock stuff around, maybe try it before you buy a whole set of gear.

They are the ones with the slot in the front (I always forget if they are 771's or 773's...whichever have the front slot). I just adjusted these down and they worked for me on the M&P mags. (Mine are Glock model pouches)

Must be the 771's I have the 773's and no front slot, and no way to make them work with M&P mag's

Interestin,g I thought the 771's for for single stack mags

Uncle Mikes kydex Paddle Double Mag pouches: (works, affordable, not the best for ipsc/uspsa competition, not legal for IDPA due to not belt loop design)

From the IDPA rulebook:

Magazine carrier must:

A. Be designed for concealed carry and suitable for all day

continuous wear.

B. Be worn on a standard belt of no more than 1 ¾” width that

must pass through the belt loops on the shooter’s pants.

C. Hold the magazine with enough tension to allow it to be

turned upside down and retain a fully loaded magazine.

D. Cover 2” of the magazine as measured from the top of the

cartridge rim down the back flat of the magazine tube.

E. Cover the entire front face of the portion of the magazine

inside the carrier. The front face is defined as the side of the

tube away from the shooter’s body.

F. Hold the magazine within 10 degrees of vertical (80-100° to

the ground) position on the belt, no substantial forward or rear

cant.

G. Be worn in a belt location that will position the front edge of

the carrier behind the centerline of the body.

The "daylight" rule applies to holsters, not mag carriers, so the Uncle Mike's are okay.

You can order the 771s in Brian's store for $22.95 if I remember right and they have the M&P listed as one of the gun models...I have been using my SpeedComp pouches that I normaly use for my STI in limited. Just needed to tighten them up a bit. I also used the BladeTech double pouches that came with the gun. I have heard that they don't fit in the CR-Speed pouches, but have no first person knowledge of that fact.

My sons and I use Safariland 771s. I don't know if they are legal for IDPA but we've used the same ones with STI, Glock, M&P and Tanfoglio mags, no problem. Contact Speed Shooter Specialties, they are a prime supplier of M&P parts and accessories and they carry most of the BladeTech product line.

Good luck.

Edited by Nemo

Flex is correct, I thought the 773's and 771's were one size fits all, then ajdust as needed, but apparently I was wrong.

Brian Enos store has the M&P listed under the Safariland 773's as (83) The ones I have that they won't fit in are for Sig 226 773(76).

So I have been bumming out and trying to find a substitute for my favorite Mag pouch the Safariland 773's because I didn't go to Brain's store as a first choice. He is the only one that has the M&P listed that I have seen. If I would have just went to BE store first I would have saved my self hours of grief and surfing the web.

Edited by Jadepanther

I have been using the CR speed pouches but I had to do a little work on the CZ inserts to get them to fit. The Glock inserts are too loose. Just my .02.

yeah on the CR pouches you have to modify the CZ/Beretta insert for sure but then they work great.

I have been using the CR speed pouches but I had to do a little work on the CZ inserts to get them to fit. The Glock inserts are too loose. Just my .02.

yeah on the CR pouches you have to modify the CZ/Beretta insert for sure but then they work great.

The CR Speed Pouches work great with a 1/8" thick piece of stiff Foam behind the spacer that comes installed on the pouch.

• 1 month later...