Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daylight Savings?

Traditionally it is today. For many years now some of the worlds smartest people have been working very hard to make sure all the electronic gadgets you purchased had been programmed to make your life easier on the days we fall back and we spring ahead. B)

Then some bureaucrat went & changed it. ;)

Both computers, my PDA, two bank signs, and my wife are all telling me that today was daylight savings...but my phone, calendar, and heart tell me otherwise!

WTH is going on :wacko:

Dude! Get on the plan....there are patches for this stuff! :devil::goof:

That's what I was thinking. Rather odd that Microsoft has not provided an update.

I don't remember looking for an update in the spring, but the desktop running XP Pro and the laptop running Vista Ultimate are on the right time.....

The Palm Pilot's another story, as are the "gasp" VCRs......

Yup, they did...right here....I'm not certain it's in the automatic update though because there wasn't a one size fits all patch.

Got patch...taking sundial down now. Thanks!

The Palm Pilot's another story, as are the "gasp" VCRs......

I'm still using an old-skool Zire 31. VCR's date my PDA!

You should move to Arizona. We don't do daylight savings time since we are too dumb to set our watches here. :)

My wife suffers from cronic allergies, and I keep telling here that moving to AZ will solve that ;) One day.....

We've got 3 computers in the house. 2 changed back to Central Daylight time and one didn't. What really confused me was a local radio station also thought the time changed. My clocks said 5 pm and the radio guy is telling me what's coming up at 4 pm!

My "helpful" hi-tech alarm clock decided to help me, too.

Screwed me up getting to a match on Sunday. Thought I got up w/ a little extra time to spare, then realized I was an hour late. Had been under the weather all week, decided the night before to go ahead and go to the match since shooting always makes me feel better. Well not having time to wake up, rushing [aka speeding] to get there, no coffee... oh, and I got 5 min down the road and realized I forgot directions (only been to that range once before), so turn around and rush back home to grab the directions off the printer.

By the first LAMR I didn't give a damn and wanted to go home. Almost did just that on about my third stage. Waste of ammo. Mikes, no shoots, blundered plans. At least I pulled my head together for a good classifier, though. Oh well.

-rvb

Edited by rvb