Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just read an article about how Jr. wrecked some driver last weekend and took the other guy out of the points race for the end of season...the guy was in 2nd in the points and then Jr. crashed him and sent him to 6th or something..

Just seems to me that he is all bluster, all mouth and about 10% of the driver his dad was...and crashing the guy was a lame attempt to live up to his dads intimidating style of driving...sometimes the fruit DOES fall a ways from the tree..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point Jr. is no Sr. But who is? He is still one of the top talents in NASCAR, hes just mired with a team(and that includes him) that has trouble delivering results at the level they should be capiable of. He did hit and spin the 5 car, he also took responibiliy for that but if you look at the tape the young Mr. Bush was not without fault in that. When cars race in that close proximity at those speeds stuff sometimes happens, and it did. Always next week. And next year Earnhart will be in the car that came out on the short end of last weeks shunt.---------------Larry

I'll 2nd the Tony Stewart rules thing. I've done security details for several drivers and Tony was by far the coolest most genuine guy we worked with. Jeff Gordon.....not so much. I did this when I was a police officer in TN before I went federal. Tony Stewart went out of his way to be nice to us even when there were no cameras.

Dale Jr. was also very nice. He seemed to be a cool down-to-earth guy. Dale Sr. was also a helluva nice guy. I wasn't even a fan of his driving but I gained a whole new respect for him after meeting him.

Dale Sr. was certainlly one of the best or the best Nascar driver of all time.

Dale Jr. is a great driver at times and at times his head is not into the game. He is in a lame duck situation that has to be frustrating. Next year he should have as good of equpment as possible, although the 5 and 25 cars are NOT in the same shop as the 24 and 48, so I guess we'll see.

Hopefully all info is shared equally. Bottom line is I'm like everyone else, hoping Jr. grows up to be like Sr. All of us miss him!

Who cares! :angry2: Its just nascar, its not like its real racing anymore. The only real racing left is in arca and sprints and such. The world superbikes and MotoGP are good racing but the rest is just a bunch of Bulls--t and Drama. Cart, Irl, give me a break, F1 is turning into drama inc. Nascar, ha, its the biggest joke of all. My avatar shows what I like to watch and even they are boring this year. <_<

I don't know Jr. personally but IIRC junior remembers a time when they didn't have money.

I also don't think the old man spoiled him either.

His changing sponsors suck for me because I'm a Coke/Budweiser person.

Now I will be cheering for Smoke and everyone at Childress.

NASCAR's capricious use of their rule book sucks.

Watch out for Jeff Earnhardt (Kerry's son); sounds like he IS going to be the REAL THING.

FM

Jr. lost a alot of fans when he went to Rainbow's team.....

TONY STEWART RULES!!

Jr will lose no fans my friend . He is adorn by a huge eliment in NASCAR and he is a likable person. Personally I do not believe he is or will drive at the level of his father or Jimmy Johnson , Tony Steward or Jeff Gordon. When he gets in the Hendricks Car it will be put up or shut up time. I am not a big JR fan but I understand why people like him...I am from Indiana and a sprint car fan...I watched Gordon race when nobody knew he was ...used to talk to him in the pits at IRP...Watch Tony race when he was a nobody too...but he was not fan friendly in the pits after the race...they both are great talents

The jury is still out on jr next year will be the big indicator

Edited by nipplehead

Dale Sr. was certainlly one of the best or the best Nascar driver of all time.

Dale Jr. is a great driver at times and at times his head is not into the game. He is in a lame duck situation that has to be frustrating. Next year he should have as good of equpment as possible, although the 5 and 25 cars are NOT in the same shop as the 24 and 48, so I guess we'll see.

Hopefully all info is shared equally. Bottom line is I'm like everyone else, hoping Jr. grows up to be like Sr. All of us miss him!

have to disagree....how easily you forget...Who is the King of NASCAR...why of course, you say...it is not Jr. or Sr.....it is Richard Petty with 200 wins...easily better than either Earnhardt.....

Ah the age old debate of then verus now.....

As they say on this forum....if they keep score, it is a game...well, keeping score in NASCAR is not too hard...lets count the number of wins you have...and IIRC, the 200 that The King have is more than ANYONE else who used to drive or is still driving in that sport...Rest my case...

No one will ever break the 200 wins record. Not the same game. No one but The King drove a 1970 Plymouth Superbird.

post-1856-1191683713.jpg

Alright John....Name two other prominent people who are/were also known as The King.

Richard is the King, BUT in the early days ( 50s thur 70s) Nascar raced 3 or 4 times a week, on short tracks and dirt tracks all over the south. Petty had 1185 starts, to do that in the modern era with the 36 race season a driver woulld have to run every race for almost 33 years. Thats not likely to happen, in fact its probaly impossible. Both Petty and Earnhart won 7 championships. Wins per start percentage wise Earnhart is ahead, no matter, Jeff Gordon will pass both of them shortly. But TL is right, Richard is the king.----------Larry

Jerry Lawler, The King Of Pro Wrestling

post-1856-1191688035.jpg

and Benny Goodman, The King of Swing

post-1856-1191688071.jpg

I did not say they were the only ones....I like the Benny Goodman one...very good. Saw Lawler wrestle once...that was enough...he was obviously not the King of anything...not that night.

I did not say they were the only ones....I like the Benny Goodman one...very good. Saw Lawler wrestle once...that was enough...he was obviously not the King of anything...not that night.

I didn't mean to imply that you did. :)

I never heard of Lawler until this morning :lol:

Sr was the best I ever saw... Davey might have given him a run had he lived. Also Tim Richmond had amazing skills. I'm not a Gordon fan, but had he and Ray stayed together they'd have 10 by now.

The King will always be the King, but I don't think he is the best ever.

Edited by JThompson

Sr was the best I ever saw... Davey might have given him a run had he lived. Also Tim Richmond had amazing skills. I'm not a Gordon fan, but had he and Ray stayed together they'd have 10 by now.

The King will always be the King, but I don't think he is the best ever.

Well saying Petty could not beat Jr or Gordon is like saying Garlits or Prudhomme could not beat John Force today...we'll never know..

Since I am locked in the olden times, I don't care if Tiger Woods wins 200 tournaments, he will never be the King, Arnie will, and Jr Earnhardt will always be a footnote against Petty for me..just like I love Montana, but Unitas will always be the Man for me...and Clemens is great but Kofax gets the nod...Bonds for some, but Mantle for me....and as much as I love TGO, Ross Seyfried will always be my fav....just personal preference..